Now, MY Mom is in the hospital too.

grammylew
on 4/27/11 3:06 am - Jacksonville, NC
Oh, Julia, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your Mom.
If you truly believe your Mom can take care of herself, if nothing else a medic alert necklace is a good bet. Also, some trustworthy person to take care of her finances.
I know assisted living places are very expensive.
I hope you can figure out a solution that is acceptable to everyone.

Grammylew in Jax

VNARN
on 4/27/11 3:25 am - Desert Hot Springs, CA
I am truly sorry, Julia.  It is so distressing to see our parents failing.  The role reversal is not easy for us or for them.  Take care of yourself.  It is easy to let the stress get you down.  I am sending you cyberhugs.

Sharon
Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 4/27/11 3:52 am - Green Valley, AZ

((((Julia)))) 
      I am so sorry that you, your Mom and your family must go through this. I will say a prayer and keep you in my thoughts.     Mag   

annette R.
on 4/27/11 6:33 am - ithaca, NY
Julia,

Go ahead and VENT away. This is a very hard predicament for you.
Much love
Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Nancy B
on 4/27/11 8:46 am - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Oh Julia!

I am SO very sorry to hear about this.  Been there...done that! I know all too well about the parent being so carefless with her money...Mom had written 76 cheques in 7 weeks...and all to my sister.  She didnt record anything and she wrote out of FIVE chequebooks.  I was forced to go to her house and demand the chequebooks, bank cards and bank books.  Some she had burned because I "was asking too many questions". And because I dared follow thu with my duty withPower of Attorney, I became "the BAD guy".  Broke my heart... so I feel such compassion for you. Mom also made very foolish decisions just to have more $$ to give to my addicted sister who almost bankrupted Mom so I know too well of which you speak.

Vent all you need, Julia...it's soo stressful being in that spot -  between a rock and a hard place....you're damned if you do and damed if you don't! Just follow your heart and do the RIGHT thing..at least you can sleep at night knowing that you've done your very best for your Mom....you have to believe in your intentions.

*sending courage and resolve and many hugs*

Nancy

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Eileen Briesch
on 4/27/11 9:49 am - Evansville, IN
Yeah, Julia, been there too ... although my mom seems fairly mentally healthy, since my brother moved in, he's noticed a lot of mental decline in her. It's probably for the best that he moved in. He's been able to help her with more than physical things ... just taking her to the doctor and listening to the doctor has helped know what the situation is. While my mom hasn't written out checks to anyone, she did have a great deal of money that she (and my brothers) didn't realize ... and that's a good thing ... but now they want her to fix up her house, which is in a sad state of disrepair, because she's afraid to spend the money.

Feel free to vent. I'm afraid we're all in the same boat in one way or another ... I'm just waving from the shore because I'm hearing about the situation long distance.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

seasheleyes
on 4/27/11 11:04 am - Manteca, CA
Gosh- I can't believe the support I feel here! You are all wonderful! I just got home... Mom is still unable to walk and they are trying to figure out why. One day at a time... thanks again for all of the kind responses.
Julia
PS- I feel the hugs...
Margo M.
on 4/28/11 2:31 am - Elyria, OH
as usual i'm a day late and a dollar short- everyone else said everything so well-i just need to add my hugs!!!!!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 451 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1267 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1262 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1199 views