What's New - Saturday!

Laureen S.
on 4/18/08 2:51 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Happy Saturday to all my OFF Sistas & Brothers, So, it's almost 1 a.m. and I'm still up, had a wonderful day first at the gym and then spent the day with Tony as he had a split shift today and it was our only chance this weekend to get together!  I must say that my heart feels very full when we are together, we laugh and have such a nice time, whether we are together on even just talking on the telephone, he is a very nice man and we both feel incredibly lucky to have met, time will tell, but I think I'm  and we talked about it some today and he feels the same way, but while we're a couple of "oldtimer's", we're not taking the high speed line, no need to rush, but whatever is going on here I am enjoying it. The weather yesterday was absolutely beautiful and today promises to be more of the same!  Anyway, after I finally go to bed and when I wake up later this morning I will be getting myself in the car and driving to a Christening and will be in New York most of tomorrow, so I hope you all have a great Saturday. Prayers and positive thoughts for all! Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

azreggie
on 4/18/08 4:32 pm - Tucson, AZ
It is still Friday here in Arizona, so weird. I'm soooooo glad you found somebody to enjoy life with.  However it works out, one day at a time.  I am going to order a belly dancing dvd so I can move my groove thing and get some excersize.  I have always wanted to learn, so why not now? 

Reggie

lora13
on 4/18/08 6:00 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Good morning Laureen and OFFers, Wow Laureen...Tony Tony Tony....very cool!!  I am sooooo happy for you.  Seems like a progression since we talked at the Palooza.  You go girl! It is 4 am and I haven't gone to bed yet.  I am exhausted, just can't seem to sleep.  I have not been around much this week due to life getting in the way.  In-laws are hanging in there...small progressions, but a long way to go.  DS has been busier than bees.  He had an all day track invitational yesterday and got home at 9:30 last nite (Thursday) totally sunburned!! Yikes...so much for sending sunscreen!!  Then there was homework and I had to help him study for 4 big tests today.  YUK!! Today, I had an eye doctor appt.  I hate those dilating drops.  UGH!!!! Yesterday I had a great lunch date with a friend.  You know..the girlfriend that for 6 years you keep talking about a lunchdate, but never get around to it.  Well, we finally did and had a marathon lunch (more talking than eating, of course).  Made me realize that waiting years to get together with a friend is inexcusable!!  I will remember this concept! Hope everyone is doing well and I wish you all a super Saturday! I will be lurking and may stop by a bit later if time permits. Hugs, Lora
carlak
on 4/18/08 6:19 pm - Bradenton, FL
Hi Lora, Laureen, Happy Passover Lora,  Laureen you sound busy. I am going to be busy today too. I am on a mission to find some Passorver stuff today. I know a dollar late and time short or something like that..... I am going to Ft Lauderdale tomorrow to see my cousin and my friiend from Denver tomorrow. Ill leave around 6am.  Today Carl and I are going to the Temple for the Sedar. Should be fun. It starts at 5pm. I fell flat on my face at work yesterday. Hit my knee and elbow. My foot got caught in my clipper cords. I am fine after getting stunned and laying on the floor for all to see. I had a little pain for a while. A little ice and sitting for about 10 minutes and I was good to go. Thank goodness for fat still on my knees!!!!!! Its 4:19 and Carl and the cats are still in bed. I guess Ill go back to bed for a while. Carla  
image hosting site

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/08 8:44 pm - Columbus, GA
I am happy for you and Tony.. (sniff) ... thought I might have had a chance (sniff) but I guess (sob) the best man won.... I am just going to sit around and try to recover from this flu, cold, or whatever it is I have... chest is really full of fluid, and I have been coughing all night for an entire week now! ... and add to that the knee pain and I am really having to just gut it out at the new job... just gonna keep working through it and hope it goes away! I may try and turn a pen today though... some new supplies magically arrived in my mail box yesterday... can't ignore that! Raining like crazy here this morning... hope everyone has a wonderful day
Pat R.
on 4/18/08 9:02 pm - Sturgis, MI
Hey Marc, sure glad to hear from you.....I was just thinking(weird) that you haven't posted for quite a while and hoped you were doing ok. That chest "stuff" sounds a little scarey ... better check with your doc if it doesn't go away soon....could be walking pneumonia. I knew you were on the new job too, that's always kinda stressful.
Anyway I'm sure all your lovely ladies on OFF are glad to see you're still "kickin".

Have fun with that new pen today and feel better soon.

No rain here YET, but in the forecast for tonite. Nice and warm tho' for Michigan!

Hope everyone has a good day. I am off to a Spring Rally for Lutheran Ladies this morning - should be fun.

Pat

(on MySpace, MSN, Web pages, Blogs...)
Done! Your Ticker: 
Pat R.
on 4/18/08 9:05 pm - Sturgis, MI
I'm so happy for you Laureen that you've met someone.
I've thought I might like to have a "friend", but don't want a serious relationship. Three marriages is plenty for me....the last one lasted 29 yrs. until he passed away.

I like my independence too much to be involved with someone seriously, but having a guy to do things with would be fun....oh well at 69 maybe I'm way too old..LOL!

Pat

(on MySpace, MSN, Web pages, Blogs...)
Done! Your Ticker: 
Connie D.
on 4/18/08 10:57 pm
HIJACK....... Pat....you are never too old for a companion. You are a pretty lady. You just haven't run into the right one yet. As for marraige I am with you.....no more of that for me either!!! Have a great weekend dear friend!! Hugs, connie d
Margo M.
on 4/18/08 11:34 pm - Elyria, OH
amen  oops-don't tell my michael i said that!!! if i outlive him; he'll be my last!
Connie D.
on 4/19/08 3:12 am
Margo......hee hee hee...the secret is safe with me!!!! Hugs, connie d
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!