Maui Karen-muffins question????

Margo M.
on 4/18/08 7:25 am - Elyria, OH
i made your muffins today-they are awesome!!!! my pans must be cupcake pans cuz they turned out a tad small and i got 24--but i am not complaining! a few of the muffins are small-- anyhow-my question--i know that some decided to pop some in the freezer so that they don't spoil-- do you wrap them individually say in wax paper first??or just plop a bunch in a big ziploc???? again- yummo!!! thx for the recipe!!!
MLONG
on 4/18/08 7:49 am - Wales , MA
CAN I HAVE THE RECIPE PLEASEPerfecto Perfecto Perfecto Perfecto Perfecto  BOO Na-na-na-na 
Margo M.
on 4/18/08 8:02 am - Elyria, OH
From Karen Seichen (OFF) Nan's healthy Flaxseed muffins 1 1/2 c whole wheat flour 3/4 c Flaxseed Meal 3/4 c Oat Bran 1 c Brown Sugar ( or splenda brown sugar substitute) 1 tsp. Baking Powder 2 tsp. Baking Soda 1/2 tsp. Salt 2 tsp. Cinnamon 1 1/2 c. Carrots, shredded 2 applies, shredded 1 cup. zuchini (shredded, optional) 1/2 c Raisins (optional, or dried cranberries, etc.) 1 c nuts, chopped, walnuts 3/4 c. Milk (or Soy milk) 2 Eggs, beaten 1 tsp. Vanilla Mix together flour, Flaxseed Meal, oak bran, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir in carrots, apples, raisins, zuchini, nuts. Combine milk, beaten eggs and vanilla. Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until ingredients are moistened. do not over mix. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Makes 15 medium muffins.
MLONG
on 4/18/08 8:23 am - Wales , MA
THANK YOU SWEETIE Love LetterYOU ARE THE BEST   3D Prom QueenBOO 
Margo M.
on 4/18/08 8:33 am - Elyria, OH

yw pretty in purple!!!!!!

i did nOT scan the recipe to see what you can and cannot have tho--so be careful! !!!!

Connie D.
on 4/18/08 10:58 am
Hi Margo....these sound wonderful. I just copied the recipe............Yummy!! Thanks for posting this. Hugs, connie d
Nancy B
on 4/18/08 11:17 am - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

They sound so yummy!

Do you have any idea how many calories in each muffin?

how many grams of protein?

Nancy B

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Margo M.
on 4/18/08 12:03 pm - Elyria, OH
no clue whatsoever-maybe karen will chime in tomorrow???? all i know is that they will be a mooooving experience!!!!
Karen S.
on 4/19/08 12:40 am - Wailuku, HI
Aloha Margo and everyone........Aren't those muffins outrageous?!! They are a meal!

I make them in regular sized muffin tins and freeze them in one big plastic bag. I take two or three out and put in frige in smaller bag. Sometimes I like them chilled with Smart Beat spread on them, and sometimes I pop them into the microwave for 15 sec. and have them warm.

These are easy to adapt....add other things like cut up dried apricots, etc.

I'm afraid I have no idea of nutritional values......they were made up by a friend of mine,.

Aloha nui loa,

Maui Karen

MELISSA S.
on 4/19/08 10:19 am - CYGNET, OH
I couldn't find Oat Bran at the store so I called Debbie Gring and asked her and she said she used oatmeal so that's what I bought.   Any clues where I find Oat Bran (what area of the stores). Thanks,

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views