HELP!!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/08 1:03 am - Independence, LA
OK, ladies i need your help. my knees have always been bad. but it seems that now that i am losing weight and getting around more and more. i am hurting like the dickens. i don't have insurance anylonger for 1 1/2 yrs more to go. i don't know if it is from excerizing or just don't to much. i don't know what to take or what to do, now. i was told that if i injure my knees again i will need knee surgery. so i want to be carefull. HELP, ladies, guide me right to get out of pain. i am hurting! hugs to all, cougar to be
Darlene
on 4/18/08 1:11 am
are you able to take nsaids with your surgery? You might try an ibprofun for pain if you can. Your body is going to go thru a lot of adjustments as your weight comes off and your bones and muscles shift. The worse one I hated was the tail bone one....
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

Cajun Angel
on 4/18/08 1:17 am - New Orleans, LA
I'm sorry you're hurting.  There's not much advice I can offer, but wanted to send you HUGS.  Perhaps alternating heat and ice on the knees would help.  Your increased activity probably has something to do with your pain.  We are not supposed to take NSAIDS.  On a couple of occasions I have taken an Aleve or two.  My doctor said it was OK to take it very sparingly, and gave me a  perscription for Carafate (a liquid used to treat and prevent ulcers) to take before taking the Aleve.  I would not recommend you take Aleve without consulting your WL surgeon first. Hope you get some relief. Debbie
Connie D.
on 4/18/08 2:08 am
Hi...have you ever had Synvisc injections in your knee. They work great. My pain has improved so much. I had the last injection about a year ago and they still don't hurt. The first time they did the injections they didn't last only about 6 months. This time it is so much better. I think because of all the weight loss  my knees are doing better anyway. Good luck....talk to your doctor before you take anything. Hugs, connie d
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views