Thanks for your prayers

phfauche
on 4/16/08 10:03 am - Columbus, OH
Hi Everyone,    Well I'm back home, feeling pretty good.  I want to thank everyone for their prayers and well wishes for a smooth surgery and that it was.  Hardly no pain.  I've had more pain from the gas than anything.  My port incision hurts some, that's because he had to sew that to the muscle.  But I've been trying to walk and eat slow and small amounts and sip my liquids.  It's going to take a while to learn this new way of eating.  Now all I need is prayers to help me follow the program and lose the weight.  Thanks a bunch, 

Hugs,   Peggy 

Sharon J.
on 4/16/08 11:11 am - Pensacola, FL
Peggy, Welcome home.  I know exactly how you feel.  I had my surgery on 4/7 and came home on 4/11.  I think gas pain has been my only real pain.  Mostly I have had soreness from the sites for the laparoscopy.  Yes, the new way of eating is different. Good luck to you in following your program.  We must remember that this is a lifestyle change in order for us to be successful.  Others have done it, so can we.

Cajun Angel
on 4/16/08 11:21 am - New Orleans, LA
Peggy, welcome back!  I'm so glad things went well for you.  Yes, it is a new way of life and sometimes a difficult one in the beginning.  Those first few weeks, I thought, "Gee, you have to be a rocket scientist to figure this out - don't drink for 1/2 hour before or after having protein, how am I ever going to get it all in."  It does get easier with time.  Please keep us posted as to how you're doing.  Remember, this is your time to really take care of yourself, rest, sip, and walk when you can.  Those gas pains are horrid!  This too shall pass. Debbie
azreggie
on 4/16/08 11:39 am - Tucson, AZ
Congrats Peggy and welcome to the Loser's bench.  I can't believe I just said that. I'm on the loser's bench too.  Amazing, simply amazing. 

Reggie

Debbie G.
on 4/16/08 11:44 am - Derby Line, VT
Congratulations Peggy! It is hard at first but soon will be "old hat"!   This has been a long time coming for you!

Debbie G
Lap RNY 12/12/05
320 highest, 302 consultation, 289 surgery. Total weight loss:165lbs.

Brenda R.
on 4/16/08 12:23 pm - Portage, IN
Peggy, I am so glad that you are home and doing well. In time things will fall into place and before long you too will be an old hat at this. Congratulations and welcome to the losers bench. Sending you love and hugs.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter 
                        that tells what kind of life you have lived.

oh_c_card-2.gif picture by kittikat22

Connie D.
on 4/17/08 3:36 am
Congratulatons on your successful surgery!! You will do just fine as long as you follow your doctors orders. We are here anytime you need us!!Good luck!! Hugs, connie d
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views