My 6 month doctor visit....

Connie D.
on 4/17/08 3:30 am
Brenda.....glad the six month visit went well. Sounds like you have a great doctor...very concerned and caring. You are doing just great...he is right just go with the flow. All will work out just right!! Hugs, connie d
Brenda R.
on 4/17/08 7:46 am - Portage, IN
Connie, thanks so much. Dr. Stanish is a great doctor and one that is very caring too. I am so glad that he is my doctor. I guess I have to go with the flow but you know~sometimes that is so hard to do. Especially when you want more out of yourself. You are right, it is going to work out just right. Thanks again and sending you lots of love and big hugs.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter 
                        that tells what kind of life you have lived.

oh_c_card-2.gif picture by kittikat22

Eileen Briesch
on 4/17/08 7:46 am - Evansville, IN
Brenda: Sounds like a good doctor's visit. I'm glad your doctor listens to you so well. I had to take potassium post-op (also in the hospital via IV ... which really hurts, let me tell you!). I had this powdered stuff that you mixed with water and it tasted sort of like orange but with a metallic taste. But if I mixed it with Crystal Lite orange, it really tasted like orange soda without the fizz. In fact, I found CL orange masked the lousy taste of a lot of bad tasting medicines (liquid Zoloft, for one).  Counseling is a good idea. I went for one year pre-op and two years post-op and found it helped me with a lot of issues. There are times I have considered going back, but haven't done it because of financial concerns (although my insurance does cover most of it, I still have a copay). If you get a good person to talk to, it sure does help.  It was so good meeting you in Portage; I'm coming down that way again April 26 but can't stop for long because I have to be at a birthday party that day for my grandnephews; maybe on the way back on Sunday? Or some other time?

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Brenda R.
on 4/17/08 7:54 am - Portage, IN
Eileen, thanks for the information on the medication. It hasn't come in yet but it will more than likely be here tonight. I think Walgreens gets their delivery around 4 in the afternoon. I just can't wait~NOT!!! But if it is the worst thing I will have to do in my life then I am going to be a lucky lucky girl. I can and will get through this too. But it is for the rest of my life~oh dear! I am not going to able to meet you on that week end. How about making it another time. I enjoyed sitting and chatting with you. I had a lot of fun talking. It seems like there is that bond there even though you have never met before. I just think that is amazing.  I am sending love and hugs to you, girlfriend.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter 
                        that tells what kind of life you have lived.

oh_c_card-2.gif picture by kittikat22

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1224 views