What's New Wednesday?

Karen S.
on 4/16/08 2:51 am - Wailuku, HI
Aloha Jan.....Nice to see your pretty face back here. My god...that insurance payment is outrageous! I have been paying Kaiser $285 a month and thought THAT was high!

Since I'll be 65 on June 1st, I am now getting all the Medicare documents.....what a waste of paper! I receive three of everything it seems. I will keep Kaiser and pay $122 a month plus $122 will be taken out of my SS...so it's really not a deal at all....almost exactly the same out of pocket.

I am in the same boat regarding working vs. not working. My little part time job with the babies pays almost nothing....but every penny helps. I really need another part time job that pays good money but they are hard to find here.

Good luck to you!

Aloha nui loa,

Maui Karen

Peggysue
on 4/16/08 9:42 am - Fargo, ND
Hey there Karen, just a note to tell you that you look wonderful for  a 65 year old "soon to be"  must be that warm air there.  Im hopeing that Fargo's always cold air keeps me preserved.....haha  we did get up to 60 the other day... wow!      Anyway.... surgery sister... soon it will be 2 years....Peggysue
Some things are better rich.. coffee, men, chocolate
JudyC
on 4/15/08 10:39 pm - Harrisburg, PA
Good Morning All!  I'm only at work for a half day today.  I have to take DH to his doctor appt. this afternoon.  It's supposed to be sunny and 67 today so that thrills me immensely.  I hope to take the puppies out for some fun as well.  Does anyone watch The Biggest Loser?  I was so thrilled for Ali last night.  I kept switching back and forth with American Idol.  What they accomplished in 15 weeks is totally amazing.  It took me a year to lose 100 + lbs. with surgery!  I can't imagine enduring what they did in that amount of time.  I guess I'm a wuss!  LOL Judy
J Brown
on 4/16/08 1:57 am - Omaha, NE
Oh My GOSHHH I am such a Biggest Loser fan ! I get more exercise just from jumping up and down watchingthe show.. I Cried when Ali won. I wish they would have not cut it off so fast after announcing  her as the winner. I even got my BF into the show, it is our date nigh****ching the show together, I got the work out video and started it yesterday,, OUCH
JeanB
JudyC
on 4/16/08 9:54 pm - Harrisburg, PA
I was sooooooooo thrilled for Ali.  This is the first year I watched any of this show.  I thought WLS was amazing but  those people are incredible!  What is the workout video?  I've not heard about that. Judy
Brenda R.
on 4/15/08 11:38 pm - Portage, IN
Good spring morning to all my sisters and brothers. I am soooo happy today since it is suppose to be around 72 today. I am hoping that spring has sprung!!!! Please oh please let it be sprung.  On The Hammock I have my 6 month check with Dr. Stanish this afternoon. I am hoping that all my blood work came back alright. But my one part of my iron level was low last time and since they took me off the iron vitamins that concerns me. It may be for nothing and so I am not going to worry about it until if it comes.  The weight has stayed the same now for 10 days and that is kind of getting me down. I know that I haven't worked out at the Y for a bit and I KNOW that I am not getting in enough water either. These are my answers I have no doubt but it is so hard to get the water in. I do the best that I can but it sometimes seems to get harder and harder everyday. Does anyone have any ideas? I could use some that is for sure.  Misty is just sitting in front of the sliding patio door staring at me. She loves to get in the bathtub and we know when she goes since our faucet has a leak. She comes out with a wet head. No matter what you say to her or do she will not stay out of the bathtub. She has this thing abou****er since everything that she plays with goes in her water dish too. She saturates everything in her dish and then she drags them out. There for a long time she was playing with my knee highs since no matter where I put them (except my drawer and that would have been to easy!) she would get them and in the water dish they went. I do get a laugh out of her. She never stops doing things that makes me laugh.  Not sure what I am going to do today. I think that I may make it a Brenda day today and do what I want to after the doctor. I may go to the library and find a couple of books too. I am wanting to learn Excel and thought about Power Point. I might get a couple of books on that and see what I can do with them. My girlfriend Jeri and I are taking a day course on Excel and we just know that we are going to be the dumbest ones there.  Better get going. I am sending prayers up for all today and special ones to those who need them God knows who they are and what we all need. I am sending all my love and hugs to all. Have a wonderful day and stay happy. 

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter 
                        that tells what kind of life you have lived.

oh_c_card-2.gif picture by kittikat22

Connie D.
on 4/15/08 11:43 pm
Good Morning Annette and everyone......... I only have a few minutes to check in today. My work load  is full and I will be on the road for a few hours.  The weather is finally warming up. It was 68 degrees yesterday but we had some pretty strong winds. I sat outside for awhile reading a boo****il all the neighborhood kids spotted me. So much for reading. They had to show me how they could ride their scooters, skateboards and bikes....sooooo cute. Aime I hope the Benedryl is helping...you had a horrible reaction and am glad you are doing better today. My best friend Pam...the physical therapist..... is coming over tonight and giving my  back  and neck a massage. I have been in pain for days. This is what I am doing for myself today! Love hugs and prayers to all in need today!  connie d
KathiKins
on 4/15/08 11:48 pm - CA
Hi Annette and Everyone! Sounds like Melanie had an interesting day yesterday!  LOL  So much fun what children will do.  Enjoy your day, Annette, at the park!  Great job. Aime - I hope you feel better today.  Yikes!   Hubby had some trouble with the Nuclear Stress Test and they weren't able to complete it.  We'll see the Cardiologist today and they will schedule and Angiogram to diagnose.  Not sure how long it will take to get that scheduled but we'll do it.  I got a little stressed myself and at too big a lunch.  Back on track today regardless of stress.  Between his doctor appointments and mine, it's a wonder I'll be at work at all for the next several days.  Oh well.  That's why I have other people working in my office I guess. Have a great day everyone! Kathi
(deactivated member)
on 4/15/08 11:56 pm - San Juan Capistrano, CA
RNY on 07/11/07 with
Kathi,  I'm sorry the stress test was so stressful.   You have such a great way of taking things in stride.  I hope you're back on track today.   An angiogram can sometimes be a very good thing - for my Mother, it was responsible for her renewed health for these past years.   If you need any moral support, I'm here - as close as a phonecall and as close as a 30 minute hop on the freeway.  Just give me a call.     What about you???  Has there been any progress in your journey toward getting a surgery date?   I'm hoping & praying - nobody deserves it more than you! HUGS
MELISSA S.
on 4/15/08 11:52 pm - CYGNET, OH
Good Morning All, I was up early 4:45 as usual to see Greg off to work and potty all the doggies for the first time of the day.   Sometimes I sneak back for a nap but this morning I decided the treadmill was calling.  I walked 2 miles then headed out to feed horses, showered and then to work.   It makes me feel so much better when I do it this way.    I've been walking either dogs or horses a couple of miles when I get home from work too.   Need to get some barn work done tonight so the walk this morning will have to be good.    I loved the biggest loser last night it is so great that it was Ali!!!    The weather is just GREAT this week!!    Hope everyone has a wonderful day.  I can't wait till 5 and I'm off work and can go enjoy.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views