What's New Wednesday?

annette R.
on 4/15/08 7:38 pm - ithaca, NY
Good Morning I have been up for over two hours - groan. Just made breakfast for Tom, fed the cats, now I'm sitting with my coffee. Tell me one good thing you are doing for yourself today? Kisses Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Aime B.
on 4/15/08 7:45 pm, edited 4/15/08 7:45 pm - Baltimore, MD
I am copying what I wrote below since I have no clue what day it is!!!
Morning. Time to get the ball rolling!
Well, I learned a very valuable lesson yesterday. Two in fact. I an severely allergic to Flagyl, the antibiotic. So allergic that within minutes of taking it, I was vomiting.  My second lesson was that my BF was there and took care of me. She rushed me to the ER. I was about to walk out due to some rude behavior when I attempted to sign in. She took control and got me back to Urgent Care where I was given benedryl by IV. Needless to say, I was knocked out all night. I don't know yet if I will be going to work because I am just now trying my wings after sleeping. I am supposed to keep taking benedryl today along with a steroid. I tend to go right out when I take benedryl. The doctor told me I had to take the adult dose since I will ususally use the children's doses. 
Other than that- I had a pretty good day.
I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!!!

Aime
The love of my OH Family has me humbled!!!!

annette R.
on 4/15/08 8:22 pm - ithaca, NY
Aime, My head is in the clouds this morning without any benadryl. Feel better and take it easy. I am skipping gymnastic today because my PPD and other annual paperwork is due at work.  My son-in-law is on a billboard. His hospital is now an accredited center for stroke care and they selected him for the sign. It is neat to drive up the highway and see his face up there. Melanie locked me out of the bathroom. The imp was using her potty and told me to get out and DON"****CH. Thinking she wanted some privacy (good grief she is only 2 years old) I stood back. In a flash she slammed the door and clicked the lock. She was laughing and giggling as I asked her to open the door. For the life of me, I couldn't recall where they keep the special key. A paperclip worked just as well. Task completed, door unlocked, and my modest(?) grand ran through the house and refused to replace her pull-ups. I must admit she looked so adorable with her bare bum streaking down the hall and curly locks flying in the wind as she ran. Matthew thought the chase was a hoot too.  The weather is supposed to be nice and sunny today. As a special treat to myself I am taking BOTH clients to the park. I'll pick up some bread to feed the ducks and geese, we'll take a walk around the park, then sit on the swing and enjoy the lake. It is a bonus to think I get paid to do these activities. Kisses Annette

Pat R.
on 4/15/08 8:52 pm - Sturgis, MI
Good morning....and it's going to be a beautiful day here today, supposed to get close to 70 by afternoon.

Having a quick cup of decaf before I head over to the pool for my water walking. I started back on Monday and the gals in the class hadn't seen me since before WLS - they were so surprised and happy for me. WOW
Seems crazy however, to put on a swim suit and my winter coat --- LOL!

Got some inside windows washed yesterday and pressed and put up the sheers I've had for over a year in my bedroom.....even carefully got on and off the step stool w/o any problems. Now when my new bedspread comes my bedroom will look nice and fresh.

Gotta run now....have a great day everyone.

Hugs,
Pat R.

(on MySpace, MSN, Web pages, Blogs...)
Done! Your Ticker: 
karen C.
on 4/16/08 12:14 am - Kennewick, WA
Annette, My favorite picture of my Erin (now 30 and a mom) is of her standing at our picture window, age 2, in big girl panties. . . She had gone potty and put them back on herself.  One leg hole was around her waist making for a bare butt cheek on one side as they were on sideways. She was so proud of herself! I smile just thinking of that picture. Karen C

Karen C

annette R.
on 4/16/08 7:36 am - ithaca, NY
Karen, I had just taken a sip of coffee as I read this and almost choked on the adorable mental image. That is a true Kodak moment to share with the babies someday. Kisses Annette

Karen S.
on 4/16/08 2:56 am - Wailuku, HI
Aloha dear Aime.........Good grief, girlfriend! Your life lately is like an episode of ER! I'm so sorry you had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics, but I'm glad your BF got you to the hospital and you are now OK. Our bodies sure are different creatures now that we are re-wired aren't they.

Benedryl does nothing for me.....doesn't even make me drousy...I wi**** did. We are all so different. Please take care of yourself and don't work if you aren't 100%, please!!

Aloha nui loa,

Maui Karen

Joan M.
on 4/15/08 9:03 pm - Lexington County, SC
Good morning OFF'ers.  Well, today is very special for me..our family gets to meet and enjoy Joyce S and her Hubby as they arrive this afternoon and are spending the night with us.  We are both so excited to finally meet in person.  I am preparing Mexican Chicken roll ups and salad and Sf peach frozen yogurt pie and other sides.  We will laugh and talk and maybe even cry a little who knows.  But we are so excited. I am praying for the many problems lately on the boards.  We will always have troubles in our lives no matter how long we live.  But I know there is a God Who is still on the Throne and no one can kick Him off.  "And we know that He will work all things together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28.

It is His love and grace that saved and sustains me.
In Christ's love,
Joan M
Before/current/Surgeon's Goal/normal BMI 290/130/150/132     I am 5'

Margo M.
on 4/16/08 12:02 am - Elyria, OH
special hugs to joyce and john-they are wonderful ppl ! you will enjoy and they are blessed to have the opportunity for your hosting!!!!
MLONG
on 4/15/08 9:31 pm - Wales , MA
  GOOD MORNING ALL ! TODAY THE SUN IS SHINNING AND THE WEATHER IS GREAT  I WILL GO TO THE CLUB TODAY AND TRY MY HAND A GOLF FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS YEAR  THAT SHOULD BE FUNNY  THE FIRST TIME OUT IS HARD AS YOU GET LAZY WITH YOUR SWING  BOWLING  IS OVER THIS SUNDAY WE ARE STILL IN 1 sT PLACE    NOT SURE HOW WE PULLED THAT OFF THE RIVER IS CALLING ME TO GET THE KAYAK OUT BUT IT IS SILL TOO COLD  I AM TAKING THE DAY OFF JUST BECAUSE    IT FEELS RIGHT     BOO
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views