Just Too Freaking Much

Jean M.
on 4/15/08 11:47 am
Revision on 08/16/12

If you're a nut, so am I.  I love those moving sidewalks in airports!  I feel like Superwoman when I'm on them and mow down anybody who gets in my way. Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Cajun Angel
on 4/15/08 3:45 am - New Orleans, LA
Jeannie, congratulations on being under 200 lbs.  How much have you lost so far?  I agree with the others, walking at 3 am can be bad for you health. Debbie
lightswitch
on 4/15/08 7:51 am
I've lost about 160 pounds.  Depending on what weight I claim as starting. If I go by my profile, I think it would be less but I gained weight before I had surgery so it is a little more.  But if you count the weight I lost before starting. HMMM.  that's like 330 pounds.  NOw that was a lot of weight.

JudyC
on 4/15/08 4:43 am - Harrisburg, PA
I wish I had that much motivation.  I'm definitely antsy around the house and can't sit still but I sure have no desire to go out and walk especially at 3 am.  It's good to see you here. Judy
lightswitch
on 4/15/08 7:53 am
I have always been a pretty on the go person and for me to finally have the energy and the body to do it, well, it's great.  I am trying not to leave the house once hubby goes to sleep.  Not safe, really.

Laureen S.
on 4/15/08 5:19 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Congratulations on getting to Onderland! As for the restlessness, I totally understand what you are talking about and I have it too, I generally channel my energy into something, but sitting and watching television is just not something I can do too often, whereas pre-WLS I had no problem sitting watching a program, though there are times I can sit in front of the computer and get lost in cyberspace reading on here or researching various other things.  If you read my posts around the weekend, or when I am on vacation, I am always on the go and I remember my dear cousin was the same way, it must have something to do with the energy levels we have post-surgery, though everyone is different and experiences things differently.  But most of the time when it is time for me to go to sleep, I can and other than potty breaks (mine or Dillinger's) in the middle of the night, I generally stay asleep, so that I'm thankful for, as my cousin had problems sleeping post-surgery, and walking is not a bad addiction, but at 3 a.m.?  Girlfriend, get a big dog to take with you. . . Hugs and congratulations again on your successes!  Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

lightswitch
on 4/15/08 7:55 am
I dog sat my son's puppy and when it was here and I needed to walk off we went and most of the time, I had to carry him home.  I wish I had time for a dog or a cat or a fish, but I am never home, never.  I miss home life.  LOL.  HOpefully soon I will have this dissertation finished and I can just work and not work and go to school.

susandoeshair
on 4/15/08 8:16 am - Alexander, AR
My go****'s good to see you!!!  Congratulations on a terrific job, getting below 200.  How long is your hair now? Maybe we can get together sometime soon?  We keep saying it but damn if life doesn't get in the way. Take care, you skinny thing you

Susan

lightswitch
on 4/15/08 8:58 am
YOu know, my hair is short.  It is so thin that I won't let it grow back out.  I tend to not get enough protein and my hair sheds a lot so I just keep it short and when I see those hairs falling, I try to eat more meat.  I think we need to get together so I can see the new you.

Musicmama88
on 4/15/08 12:39 pm - Danville, IN
Oh Jeannie, its always such a treat to see a post from you on here!! And how wonderful on your almost reaching goal!! Good for you! As to the restlessness,,I have it too. Some nights I get up out of bed and just go do something,,I cant relax and sleep! I have walked the dog at midnight or 1 AM too, but only here in our little subdivision. And my dog is an overweight chihuahua that usually needs carried home. How about a new picture?? We are all so anxious to see the skinny you! And how is that grandson? Do you ever see him? We miss you on here!! Come join us more often! Hugs Betsy
"For I know the plans I have for you ," declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views