Is it true???

dreamgirl119
on 4/15/08 7:13 am - Lansdowne, PA
I need to learn how to eat! I received a message of support from one of my friends who knows the terrible time I'm having controlling my urge to snack.  She says since I'm a snack-o-holic who can't stop munching and crunching between meals try snacking on what she called negative calories.  She says she read that the body can burn more calories just by chewing and processing the snack than the food actually contains.  This is the list she sent to me and I am open for comments and suggestions.  I would love to be able to eat the items listed here between meals I just thought they were restricted.  Please educate me! Celery   *   Carrots   *   Lettuce   *Tomatoes   * Cucumbers    Cauliflower   *   Zucchini Oranges   *   Strawberries   *   Tangerines   *   Grapefruit   Apricots   *   Watermelon, Honeydew & Cantelope   *   Apples
Darlene
on 4/15/08 7:56 am
You need to learn to eat for your WLS surgery now. You can  not eat like before. You need to plan on meals. How many is up to you, everyone has their own ideas and you need to find your "sweet spot". You can not do grazing. You need to do meals with a couple planned snacks. If you find you need to have more, then I sugges you do more water. Some of the items you list are great, but then you have to remember the sugars. Some veggies and some fruits turn to carbs and sugars. Other than that I would reccommend journalling and seeing a therapist. This is not easy and the sooner you get the snaking and grazing under control the better. Eating gets harder the further out you are.
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

Dave Chambers
on 4/15/08 7:59 am - Mira Loma, CA
Most of those are fine. You also need to find some snack foods with some protein, as most patients have difficulty getting enough. Try dried peas for a snack food. It's green veggie, crunch like peanuts, slightly salted, and has 6 grams of protein per 1/4 cup. Cost is only $1.35 per pound. www.carksnutrition.com has them under bulk foods, snack foods. They have 3 stores in southern CA and they do ship. I just bought a 20 pound bag from the the other day.

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Connie D.
on 4/15/08 8:58 am
Hi...I have almost all of these...in moderation of course. I have a scheduled snack beteween breakfast and lunch, lunch and dinner and one in the early evening if I need one. Darlene is right...be careful of the sugars. Hugs, connie d
Jean M.
on 4/15/08 11:43 am
Revision on 08/16/12
I would stay away from the fruit, because it's high in sugar and can spike your blood sugar, which will actually make you hungrier (I'm diabetic and speak from experience). I do a lot better if I have protein for snacks rather than carbs.  It keeps me going much longer than carbs.  If you absolutely must have something crunchy, try the protein snacks at www.kaysnaturals.com.  I like the lemon-herb protein chips and the butter flavor pretzels. Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views