What's New Tuesday........

annette R.
on 4/14/08 8:20 pm - ithaca, NY
Marti, Cross addictions, weight gain, lack of motivation, a suicide, bad market - OUCHIES. lean on us all you want. You can depend on us to help get through these hard times. Your surgeon sounds like a great doctor - understanding and offering solutions.  It suddenly dawned on me that we had our surgeries one week apart. It has been a bumpy ride and full of sneaky potholes. More like riding a bucking bronco as we wear blindfolds. Our OFF family hold us tightly and won't let us fall. I am glad to know you have shared with us so we can reach out and keep you on the right path. You have helped us often and we are more than willing to return the favor. Big warm hugs dear lady. Attending a weekly support group has been an important souce of support for me. Hearing the struggles of the pre-ops as they go through the maze to be approved for WLS reminds me of how far I have come. Seeing the glowing faces of newbies gives me renewed resolvle that if we stick to the plan, WLS works. I learn from them whether it be from good results or from their mistakes.  The lap-band meeting was rather small but filled with sharing and caring. I think it has helped people make a more informed decision for their type of surgery having a RNY person to answer questions. One woman admitted that listening to my journey was the deciding factor for her choice of the lap-band. I don't think that one surgery is better than the other. I DO know that one may be better for the individual if they make an informed choice. I love my support groups. Must get moving now. Matthew and Melanie have a playdate with grandma today. Kisses Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

JudyC
on 4/14/08 9:53 pm - Harrisburg, PA
Marti, here's a big HUG!  You need it!  My heart goes out to you, your friend and her family. Judy
ceeidee
on 4/14/08 10:37 pm
Hi Marti, Here's a hug... I'm sorry about your friends sis. Her pain must of been enormous and bigger than she was. Depression is ugly...I like your doc. What good guy. Another hug. Hi all, Just up again very early like usual, would rather have more sleep, but I have given up on that desire. Work is good, hard, never get finished.... Have to share now...mentioned it on Linda's What are we Eating... I have had depression my whole life, probably was a very depressed little kid, they called it sensitive and melancholy, anyway...I am really quite good at pretending everything is "fine" "just fine" and really it is, just not in my head. I worry about what I said, what they said, Oh, I should of said this or that...even when I post here it causes me GREAT anxiety, not always, but many many times. It's more that just that, but I am too lazy to type more or whine on... I am taking meds, which help, when I stop, it is not good, but it does help. Been the therapy route and that helps. Being so tired and working, I don't keep as close of tabs on my people I care about...so then I feel guilty. Shame and guilt are the monsters that chase me...Thank you cards to write, phone calls to make. I just don't get them done and then of course feel worse...Oh dear, look at all I have written to worry about today! I'm done, thanks for the ears. Maybe when the sun actually stays more than 2 days I will feel much better! Thanks guys! Cheryl

We never touch people so lightly we do not leave a trace.
                                                                                                 Peggy Tabor Millin

KathiKins
on 4/14/08 11:33 pm - CA
HI Marti and Everyone! Marti, I'm so sorry your situation hasn't improved but I'm thrilled you are doing something about it for yourself.  I commend you on that.  You are a strong woman and an inspiration.  Thank you for being so open and your honesty.  Sending you a cyber-hug. Yesterday I sprained my little finger.  Debbie, I think it was in complete sympathy for you and your surgery!  Fortunately, it's seldom used but it still hurts....  Grrr......  Today is taking hubby for his Nuclear Stress Test for his heart.  Unclear if they do all the test in one day or two days as we've gotten mixed signals from the cardiologist's office and the hospital.  It is what it is.  So, I'll take a book and my crochet work.  Not sure about the crochet work with the finger but I'll be bored stiff so I must do something.  Taking lots of water with me as well.  It's been hot the last few days but promised to cool off today. Take care, Kathi
susandoeshair
on 4/14/08 11:35 pm - Alexander, AR
Dear sweet Marti, I'm so glad you were able to open up to your doctor, and us, about your problem.  How wonderful for you that you have such an understanding doctor to help you through this rough spot. Of course, you knew we'd be here for you, never a doubt about that.  After Gary joined OA and admitted his addiction to food, it led him to another realization that he has obsessive compulsive personality disorder.   That  led him to  medication and therapy  and he's been able to see the pattern of  transfer addictions that have plagued him his whole life.  I used to call it "hobby d'jour", now I know there is a valid reason for what he's done all these years and I'm learning to cope with it as well. All of us have something going on in our heads, don't you think? I'm so sorry about your friend. What a horrible thing for all of you to have to go through. I hope she's found peace. I had the stitches removed yesterday from my upper lids and while I was making dinner I thought I had something in my left eye. I kind of swiped at it, and it was blood!  I called the doctor's office and his nurse said to apply pressure and ice. It happened twice more during the evening, and this morning there was dried blood in the corner of my eye.  Now there is a big bruise over my lid that wasn't there before.  Another call to the doc when they open.  I'm sure it's nothing, but they need to know. Today is my last day on the board for a couple of days. The gallbladder comes out tomorrow and I won't be home until early afternoon on Thursday. Doc is going to do some hunting around while in there to see if all the "mechanical" things about my surgery are OK.  I'm sure they are, but he'll feel better if he checks things out.  So,  I have last minute cleaning to do and a trip into town to do a bride's hair for her portrait sitting.  Poor dear, I had to warn her about how bad I look so she won't be shocked when I knock on the door....LOL Sunny day here today, hope everyone else's day is the same! Love you all

Susan

Laureen S.
on 4/15/08 12:17 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Susan, Sending you prayers and positive healing vibes for your gall bladder surgery tomorrow, as well as the healing of your lids! Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

susandoeshair
on 4/15/08 12:26 am - Alexander, AR
Healing of the lids....is that like taming of the shrew?   Just got a kick out of that. Thanks for the good thoughts, Laureen, you're a sweetie! Big hugs

Susan

Brenda R.
on 4/15/08 12:47 am - Portage, IN
Susan, I am sending prayers for your gall bladder surgery tomorrow. Know that I love you and I am sending big hugs to you. I know that you are going to feel so much better after you get that nasty thing out of you!!!!!

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter 
                        that tells what kind of life you have lived.

oh_c_card-2.gif picture by kittikat22

Karen S.
on 4/15/08 2:40 am - Wailuku, HI
Aloha sweet susan.......You will be in my thoughts tomorrow and I hope that this surgery goes smoothly and that you find some answers.

Can't wait to see the "after" when you are all healed. My DIL's brother is a plastic surgeon and is going to do my face one of these days.....and I have no idea what is involved.

Sending you a big aloha hug.

Maui Karen

Cajun Angel
on 4/15/08 4:08 am - New Orleans, LA
Susan, best wishes and prayers coming to you for a safe surgery and fast recuperation of your gall bladder surgery tomorrow. Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views