Sorry for the controversy...

(deactivated member)
on 4/14/08 8:43 am - Columbus, GA
I shared a really bad night I had with you all, and ended up being accused of being a racist, a 6 year old, self absorbed and whiney,  a donkey’s ass and not responsible.. I just had a bad night, made a bad decision that ended up being a good one, and wanted you all to hear about it, thinking that it was interesting enough to post because, well, things like that don't happen all the time, thank God! I won't make this mistake again. I try to put on a happy face but being attacked does hurt my feelings. It won't happen again... sorry.
Sharon H.
on 4/14/08 8:55 am - Modesto, CA
I don't know about anyone else but I didn't mind listening to you.  What you were in the middle of was the way you perceived it and if it made you uncomfortable you had a right to handle it the best you could.  I had a gentleman come to my door with a motorcycle helmet on and it completely covered his face.  He also had riding leathers on.  I could not see his skin at all.  Scared the heck out of me.  He was a black gentleman and a very nice man.  He got mad and felt I was a racist.  You have to go with your gut.  I would have been frightened no matter what color he was.  It was my gut reaction.  I thought this was a site we could talk about things that bothered us.   I hope I am not wrong and don't think that I am.

Sharon

Gastric Sleeve on 2-19-13

Darlene
on 4/14/08 9:31 am
Hey there Marc, Sometimes you will see me post articles or comments and such and say not to flame me or go ahead I have my flame retardant suit on....why? because over the years that I have been on OH boards I have been yelled at, flamed, threatened etc...you name it has happened.  It took many years for me to get a tough skin about it......I like people, I like to help people, I have done extensive research, we even had a Nutiriton and sports supplement business for many years. We gave all the time, we gave free product to peple that couldn't afford it, we gave to support groups for the members.....we were very giving. I felt (still free) that with all the research I have done I know a bit of stuff that the average WLS person doesn't know and I try to share it. You will notice if you do a search on my posts that I don't do much on the boards anymore....I find info and put in my profile, people are more than welcome to read it....I take what I know seriously and when called down in public feel offended. Most of my friends that know me send me emails or private messages or phone calls. I have no problems with that and love helping any and all people. But, the thing I have learned around the boards is that I have to watch what I type. Not leave room for the flaming and blasting......hang in there......it will get better......just ignore those that hurt the feelings......
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

karen C.
on 4/14/08 10:18 am - Kennewick, WA
I tend to head for a corner when fur starts flying, or make that run!!!! It's awfully hard to read between the lines. That's the one thing that can be so hard and unintentional at times. Interpretations are made, words left out or taken differently than intended. Not taking any sides here. I want everyone to continue to feel able to come here and vent. It is a public forum and as such we have such a wide variety of personalities. That's one of the things that I treasure the most. I can take what I like, ignore what I don't, vent when I need to, celebrate life's little wows, all with people who understand where I come from. Back to my corner. Karen C

Karen C

Darlene
on 4/14/08 10:40 am
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

Connie D.
on 4/14/08 1:42 pm
Marc....of course your feelings were hurt....mine would have been too. You are a great guy and an asset to this board!! Love your humor and great feedback.......don't ever change!!  Big Hug connie d
Cajun Angel
on 4/14/08 4:52 pm - New Orleans, LA
Marc, sorry you received so much bad feedback.  Any sane person in your predicament would have high tailed it out of there ASAP.  Please continue to feel at home here.  You are a treasure to this forum. Debbie
George T.
on 4/14/08 6:16 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
Regardless of what you said, it could not have been too bad, it was not transferred to the Rants and Raves Board.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

Candygirl
on 4/14/08 8:40 pm - Somewhere in, NY
There's a Rants and Raves Board???  Wouldn't THAT be some fun reading on a quiet Sunday (or Tuesday) morning....!

Aime B.
on 4/14/08 7:58 pm - Baltimore, MD
I think too many people don't expect males to be human. You showed that you are human! Don't hide that part of you from the forum.  One aspect of these forums is that you will receive different opinions. While initally an opinion may seem hurtful, it might be a good method to reexamine your own reaction to something. I'm not saying that that opinion is always right. I am saying that the perspective of another may give us an opportunity to make better choices in future experinces. Heads up and keep sharing!

Aime
The love of my OH Family has me humbled!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views