"Stupid Karen trick". . . . or

lora13
on 4/14/08 7:29 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi Karen...    Girl Scouts  That's The Way The Cookie Crumbles.  Girl Scouts  I know why you did what you did!!                YOU ARE HUMAN!!! No more beating up on yourself and no butt-kicking!                YOU ARE HUMAN!!! Let it go...it is a new day, and if you dwell on yesterday, you will never get to tomorrow! Hugs those babies and cuddle those puppies...your energy will be used more wisely!! Hugs, Lora   P.S.-By the way, did they taste good?   Good Vs Evil 
karen C.
on 4/14/08 9:03 am - Kennewick, WA
Oh, forgive me, but yes they were yummy!!

Karen C

Eileen Briesch
on 4/14/08 8:26 am - Evansville, IN
Karen: The first year after surgery, a daughter of one of our photographer**** me up for GS cookies and I said I couldn't have those anymore, I was so good. Now, I'd probably buy one box and have my two a day (that's my limit). However ... I'm not always good. There was Friday, my birthday, when I had way too much of something. And I don't dump like other people do ... I don't throw up. But late Friday night/early Saturday morning, I was sitting on the throne, wishing the pain would end and wondering what I did to deserve this, then remembering the eight dark chocolate kisses I had earlier in the day and the two pieces of German chocolate birthday cake and the two pieces of pizza ... and knowing that I did this to myself and yep, this too shall pass and be flushed away (literally) but boy, did it hurt. It was a smelly, messy, painful lesson, let me tell you. I didn't have any sweets for a couple more days after that! The funny thing is, on the cruise I had dessert every day at dinner (just dinner) and did just fine. But I did so much walking I still lost 5 pounds (who goes on a cruise and loses weight?)

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

karen C.
on 4/14/08 8:59 am - Kennewick, WA
I lost 6 lbs on my first cruise. I'm kind of directionally challenged. If I'm in unfamiliar territory or inside and can't see out a window I am totally lost. I was always going the wrong way and the long way on board ship. Thank goodness I had the sense to not walk over the side!!

Karen C

ceeidee
on 4/14/08 10:14 pm
Hi Karen! Hope It's not to late in this post for you to see this! Got home from work and saw you posting again! Yay! I've missed you. I didn't have lots of time to  post but thought I'd say hi today. I wish when we sold our house 8 years ago we would of taken the time and steps you are taking. I sold it as is, no making it look good, fixing things etc. Just didn't have time or money and was lazy. Could of gotten a much better price. I admire you and all you do! I can barely get dishes and laundry finished. Grocery shopping is my biggest chore that I do every week. I wish I could retire. About the cookies....you have done an AMAZING thing.....everyone messes up...and all that you are experiencing now, even though all the babies are happy experiences...all of it is life changing...As Dr. Phil says "I don't ask why you ate the cookies, I ask why not!" I know he can be arrogant but I do like some of his sayings. Work is hard, it is good though. Having to do lots of self talk. I suspect you and I have some of the same issues about getting feelings hurt, stuffing thoughts that shouldn't stuffed and worrying, this one is me not sure if you do this, if I should of said what I say and going over and over it wishing I hadn't said this or that blah blah blah...Anyway I am rambling... Good to see you....hug hug Cheryl

We never touch people so lightly we do not leave a trace.
                                                                                                 Peggy Tabor Millin

karen C.
on 4/15/08 1:51 am - Kennewick, WA
Cheryl, I know we could talk for hours and hours. Some spring Saturday or Sunday when you have "nothing" you have to do (never, right?) let's pick a spot to meet in the middle and get together for a walk and a picnic and a long visit. Doesn't look like I'll make Bloomsday. Are you still thinking about it?  If you are I could be persuaded. I could just come up real early that day and meet you at your house. We could walk from there couldn't we? We "seasoned" walkers are in the back of the pack with the strollers so it's not too stressful. Give it some thought. I think today may be the final signup day? Karen C

Karen C

ceeidee
on 4/15/08 10:48 pm
Hi Karen, I would love to meet in the middle one of these days, I am so lazy on weekends...but I will prob get a bit more energized when our weather straightens up..so lets! I think about Bloomsday, even got the apps. but I don't think I will go I am doing a Friday and Sat scrapbooking thing and I will be too tired from that. It lasts till midnight on Sat. I know that I will kick myself that I didn't go. Yes, it's about 3 miles from my house and you walk down to Gonzaga and then on the Bi-Cent trail. Cheryl

We never touch people so lightly we do not leave a trace.
                                                                                                 Peggy Tabor Millin

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views