"Stupid Karen trick". . . . or

karen C.
on 4/14/08 5:49 am - Kennewick, WA
Oh for that "almost free massage with a happy ending!"  Hi Nancy! It's so good to see you. Check oute the last few pics on my profile: puppies (3) and babies (2)! All growing and healthy! Karen C

Karen C

Nancy B
on 4/14/08 1:32 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

well darn!

I guess we will never REALLY know the real story behind those almost free massages..not so sure about the happy endings tho...lol.

What adorable babies..the sweet twins and the furry triplets!  Im so jealous. *hugs*   Enjoy them, karen...give them hugs and schmoochies for me too.

Nancy B

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
peggy H.
on 4/14/08 5:52 am
Karen , You dear sister you,  I found a new way of handing thoes G S Cookies.  I listen to the young-uns sales pitch, then I hand over a generous amont of cash and ask that the cookies be kept for the next customer. I helped, didn't feel guilty for not supporting the the Girls, got to look at the cookies and leave them right where they are. This is the first year I tried this approach, last year, (post WLS) I just walked on by.  I was doing so well with the cookie sales, then our dear niece sent us a cookie email........Would we please buy some of her troops cookies, So , the aunty and unck, drove 50 miles round trip, to buy and pick up 5 boxes of thoes loaded with sugar love bites. Not to long after that puchase was made , The Honey Man found out he is Diabetic, Soooooo, Away they did go, but not before I made myself sick snacking.Sugar dumping is the worst. See sweety, we are all in that sameBoat (Cruise).  We Learn, We forget, and we Learn again. Ya ready for a Boat Cruise, heehee, Hugs Peg, congrats on the Beeeeautiful babies
GOD BLESS AMERICA

AND ALL OUR HERO'S
jennifer M.
on 4/14/08 6:10 am - LA
Karen--I too am powerless over a Thin Mint! Luckily, I didn't see one single G.S. this year (after being a Cookie Mom for 13 years--can you imagine having cases and cases of those evil things piled up in your living room?). Give yourself a little talking to, then jump back up on the wagon. What choice do you have at this point? You'll be fine--do a few extra laps on the treadmill or something. Don't forget to love yourself! Jen

"You, yourself, as much as anybody in the universe, deserve your love and affection." --Buddha
karen C.
on 4/14/08 6:41 am - Kennewick, WA
Oh a Cookie Mom! I'd have died for sure. I'm just glad I didn't do what I USED to do. I would buy 3 or 4 boxes, consume two and if my family was LUCKY I'd have two boxes to "share" with them.  How embarrassing. . . . I'd pig out and then "share." If I had bought 4 boxes the other day I would have probably managed to eat all 4. No more cookies for me.

Karen C

KathiKins
on 4/14/08 6:24 am - CA
Oh Karen..... I'm no help because I am "not there yet" but I learn and learn from you sharing.  Just merely offering my support and admiration for your honesty and I know you'll conquer this as well..... You've added another "lesson of experience" to my "how to" book! Hugs, Kathi
karen C.
on 4/14/08 6:39 am - Kennewick, WA
Kathi, Unfortunately I'm one of those bullheaded ones who can not seem to learn from anyone else's experience. I have to wade through the cow pucky in order to find out that I don't want to go there again. I have to waller in it as the saying goes. It smells, is yucky, but for whatever reason I don't believe it until I get right in the middle of it YET AGAIN! Like it's going to change? Hardly! Karen PS The hugs have felt grand today. So comforting to know that I am not alone even tho I do stupid things!

Karen C

karen C.
on 4/15/08 1:52 am - Kennewick, WA
I like to be "prepared" for everything. No matter how much you prepare for this ride there are lots of unknowns, some good some not so, along the way. But what a ride!

Karen C

Marti O.
on 4/14/08 7:23 am, edited 4/14/08 9:09 am
You are so smart to "confess" to us...it really does help to talk about it.....just to pick ourselves up and go on is not enough I don't think.....it helps us focus on what we have done and really acknowledge it and plan how to avoid that in the future......'cause it is not what we REALLY want to do....we want to be able to eat all those comforting carbs. I saw my WLS today and he said "Dr. Atkins got it right...it is the carbs that cause the problems, but only 20 grams of carbs a day is too little...you have a hard time having anything normal to eat...like veges and fruit.....I suggest that you limit yourself to 100 grams of carbs a day.....you can lose weight on 100 grams with exercise".....so I am going to try to work on that....but I have never been very good at SELF-control......I just like to control the world around me. Love, Marti

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle"

karen C.
on 4/14/08 9:02 am - Kennewick, WA
I have always tried so hard to control the world around me; but it is so hard, might I venture to say impossible.  I am not in control of everyone and everything, repeat button, repeat button, repeat button!!

Karen C

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views