"Stupid Karen trick". . . . or

karen C.
on 4/14/08 5:46 am - Kennewick, WA
Either your message didn't print fully or you stopped in mid stream. I'm just curious about what you meant to complete the line with! Or are you on designer drugs like I was after my plastics? Oh man was I creative and hyper and so brilliant (or so I thought!) Karen

Karen C

Cajun Angel
on 4/14/08 7:49 am - New Orleans, LA
 Now I see the problem!  Part of my sentence either got deleted by me or there was a glitch when I posted!  I had typed something about there actually being days when I would have preferred to be at work.  See, nothing scandalous or naughty!  Stupid maybe.
susandoeshair
on 4/14/08 2:32 am - Alexander, AR
Karen, I love Debbie's idea about a keester kicking festival, but none of us will be joining in.  What a great place for us to be able to go and express feelings like you did to people who care about us and understand how you're feeling.  I bet each and every one of us have done something similar to your cookie incident, maybe not cookies, but there must be something that each of us has to be very careful of now. Not for the dumping or feeling ill, but for what it does to our heads.  A lifetime of being overweight and dieting sure has played with our minds, huh? It's Monday, the beginning of a new week.  Hope yours is a terrific one 

Susan

karen C.
on 4/14/08 2:45 am - Kennewick, WA
Susan, I'm so GOOD at putting myself down and beating myself up. I had so much practice for so many years. I didn't need others to do it; I did plenty myself. Today IS a new day and I'm off to a good start. Confession is good for my soul. Too many years of secretive eating and friends saying with compassion, "You just don't eat that much. You must have a very sluggish metabolism!"  If they only knew the truth. . .  hours of secret night time eating stuffing it in as fast as I could. . . . A good reminder!

Karen C

Karen S.
on 4/14/08 2:39 am - Wailuku, HI
Aloha friend.......Oh, my, that sounds so familiar. But...it was the old me who used to do that and it was usually a HUGE cheesecake from Costco! I would have that thing in my frige, and keep on taking small slices over and over til it was gone. That's how I got to be 319 lbs!!

Ironically.....my "tool" is working too good and right now I can't seem to eat much of anything before feeling full. In fact I'm going to call the doc today to find out what's going on because I've lost more weight and could now officially be the "scarecrow" in the field with rags flying in the wind off of my boney frame!

Don't beat yourself up....just do what you know is right, and you'll be back on track in no time.

Aloha nui loa,

Maui Karen

karen C.
on 4/14/08 2:55 am, edited 4/14/08 2:56 am - Kennewick, WA
MK, I'm "smart" but incredibly "dumb" at the same time if you can follow my drift. Smart enough to figure out that if I eat small amounts over a long period of time I can still "fill that void". . . . Dumb enough to not remember what you said. That's how I got to 377 lbs and I do NOT want to go there again. . . And that "void" is not one that food is ever the answer to. Gosh, I wish we could spend hours and hours talking story about all of that "stuff" that we all have needs. that we try to fill in the wrong ways! I keep reminding myself of something a dear friend said one day many years ago that is so true. I was grousing about wanting to go here, wanting to move there. . . He said:  "I figure I can be happy or miserable just about any place I am."  True isn't it??

Karen C

karen C.
on 4/14/08 2:57 am - Kennewick, WA
AND. .  .WHERE IS MONICA????

Karen C

Brenda R.
on 4/14/08 3:53 am - Portage, IN
Karen, the way I look at it is, we have spent most of our lives kicking ourselves in the butt and where did that get us? Eating more and then working on kicking more. It is a cycle and one that we CAN and HAVE broken. Sometimes we slip and go back and we can thank God that we have the knowledge to know that we can go back to what works. Aren't we lucky that we know that just because we slip one time (or more for that matter) we don't have to go back to what we use to do and what we were for that matter. I love you and you have to just forgive Karen for her slip. I am sending big hugs and lots of love to do instead of the butt kicking that we are all so familar with doing to ourselves.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter 
                        that tells what kind of life you have lived.

oh_c_card-2.gif picture by kittikat22

annette R.
on 4/14/08 4:22 am - ithaca, NY
  No keester kicking allowed, only HUGS and KISSES. We all learn from our mistakes. Lordy but I've had to repeat that particular course many times over yet never learn from my mistakes the first time.  I wouldn't have cared if she was an ugly little Girl Scout, all that would have mattered would have been the enticing mint cookies.   Take care of your puppies, kiss the babies and move on with this new day. Kisses Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Nancy B
on 4/14/08 5:43 am - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Hey Karen...thank you for that and for your emails..Im back (see WHATS NEW MONDAY?)...*Hugs*

How many puppies did you get?? I missed so much and now Im so far behind.

Nancy B

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views