"Stupid Karen trick". . . . or

karen C.
on 4/13/08 10:58 pm - Kennewick, WA
"Where is Monica when I need her?"  Please give me a swift kick in the keester everyone! I sure need it.  Went to the store Saturday and met up with an adorable little Girl Scout on the way out.  Momentarily lost what mind I have left and bought a box of mint cookies. . . Got home with them, put them in the freezer, but did NOT forget about them. Mike came home, offered him some, he turned them down, still did NOT forget them.  Got my feelings hurt about something trivial. . . . COOKIES, did you hear me say COOKIES????? Yep, it took me a while but I ate everyone of those suckers! Didn't dump, didn't get sick, just feel miserable because I still will do that to myself when I should know better. I mean I do know better, but sometimes I just still choose to do the wrong thing. Then the remorse, self loathing sets in. I'm reminding myself that this is the start of a new day. I have a headache, I rarely get one. I'm thinkiing this is my reminder of that sugar episode. Well, they are gone. Don't have to worry about that now. I hear puppies crying, so better run. Take care my friends. Karen C

Karen C

Boogaloo
on 4/13/08 11:36 pm - PA
Oh yeah, it rears it ugly head every now and again, doesn't it?   I'm talking about the food addiciton, the compulsive overeating, whatever you want to call it.  The reason each of us on this site gained enought weight to be eligible for surgery in the first place has something to do with a very unhealthy relationship with food and every now and again even the strongest of us has a day like this, dont we? For me, I just found that I had to admit to myself that I have no willpower at all and I just don't buy any sweets.  If I have them for company, I send the leftovers home with my company or I throw it in the garbage, because I have proven to myself over and over that I cannot resist and will eat it -- until its gone. You'll get no swift kick in the "keester" from me, we have all been there, just get back on track - this is a lifelong journey. Don't beat yourself up, no self-loathing allowed (and remind me of that sometime, will ya?).  You are a wonderful person who is defined by more than what you eat/don't eat.  Have a beautiful day! Lou P.S. the headache - it's the sugar...
(deactivated member)
on 4/13/08 11:40 pm - FL
Pick  yourself up, dust yourself off, and go on.  Getting mad at yourself will just make you feel defeated.  We aren't going to have a perfect walk...just keep heading in the right direction. Wanda
Pat R.
on 4/14/08 12:08 am - Sturgis, MI
Karen, I am right there with you.....yesterday I ate a big roll with frosting and chopped peanuts on top. Never upsets my pouch but afterwards I feel awful that I don't have more willpower. I think it's Satan who gets into our head and eggs us on to do such things. We just have to forget it and get right back on the right track. We can't beat ourselves up over things like that. It's a mind game, I know that for sure.

Make this a new day and strive to do the best you can, that's all anyone can do....

God Bless your day and you too!

Luv ya,
Pat R.

(on MySpace, MSN, Web pages, Blogs...)
Done! Your Ticker: 
Connie D.
on 4/14/08 12:38 am
Karen....you have done an amazing job on this journey. You slipped but so what.....you will be right back on track today. Don't get down on yourself. Things like this just happen once in awhile. As long and you can admit it wasn't the most healthy choice and just move on the better you will feel. Hugs, connie d
Cajun Angel
on 4/14/08 2:17 am - New Orleans, LA
Your sugar headache is enough punishment!  Karen, if we all got the swift kicks in the keesters we needed, this would turn into a keester kicking festival!  How about a hug instead? Debbie
karen C.
on 4/14/08 2:26 am - Kennewick, WA
I like those hugs too. I've wrenched my back trying to kick myself! Are you feeling well enough to get out and have some fun. (or stay home and have some fun for that matter!) Karen

Karen C

Cajun Angel
on 4/14/08 2:56 am - New Orleans, LA
Oh yea, I'm ready to party!  We went to a Zephyr's game the day after my surgery, and another one that Sat.  We got home last night around 5:30 from a weekend in the French Quarter (belated anniversary outing).  George had the idea instead of going out of town this year (our anniversary was Mardi Gras day) to stay at a FQ hotel and go to the FQ festival  all three days.  He comes up with some really nice things to do.  It helps get him out of trouble for all the stupid, sometimes thoughtless things he says and does. LOL  I guess it evens out.  I'll post a little about the FQ fest on What's New. Staying home has been the pits.  I managed to cook a little and do laundry.  Amazing how you can adapt when you really want to.  Once half the stitches came out and the awkward bandage was off, I was able to a lot more.  There have been a few days when I actually would have  Deb
karen C.
on 4/14/08 3:03 am - Kennewick, WA
Ok, my perverted mind is working over time here.  "There have been a few days when I actually would have. . .  .WHAT????"  Do some fun things that you don't have the time or energy for when you're working  and stressing. . . . That's an order!

Karen C

Cajun Angel
on 4/14/08 3:48 am - New Orleans, LA
Do you mean a little one on one fun?  I'm not saying!  OK, I'm confused - HUH???  Could be the occasional pain pill I pop when I overdo it and go, "Oh **** I shouldn't have done that!"  The few remaining stitches keep mobility to a minimum and let me know immediately when I've moved this damn thumb too far.  I've been running up and down the stairs for the last couple of hours trying to keep up with the laundry, watch my pot on the stove, and read some posts.  Time to get downstairs and stay there to finish up.  Fun tomorrow, Hornet's game!  Wed. is my last day of freedom and I plan to make the most of it1 Deb
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views