What's new Monday!

Marti O.
on 4/14/08 9:04 am
Debbie Darlin' .....when you mentioned the Paddlewheel boat ....I remembered a time in New Orleans that we checked into a hotel....and our room with big windows was right next to the landing for the big paddlewheel boat.......when we checked in...I was going to vhange from traveling clothes to cooler NO clothes so we could go out and explore ...and was only in my bra and skirt.....I was looking out the window...which was a little shaded and this big paddlewheel boat pulled in and Mike said  "do you think they can see in our room...and I said "Of course not...they would never have these big windows so close to people that could look im your room.....and I said "see" and waved at all the people......and THEY ALL WAVED BACK.......YIKES!!!  LOL Love, Marti

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle"

Cajun Angel
on 4/14/08 3:07 pm - New Orleans, LA
OMG!  Thanks for the laugh, sorry it was at your expense though.  NOTE to Marti, they don't throw Mardi Gras beads from paddlewheelers, so don't bother flashing the people onboard! Love ya too, Debbie BTW, how is Kathleen doing?  She's not an afterthought as she's always in my thoughts and prayers.
karen C.
on 4/15/08 1:56 am - Kennewick, WA
I'll check with them. Usually trips are tied to one of Judi's (sis in law) mortgage women or exchange club gatherings. Gary gets towed along. But they both love NO. K

Karen C

Nancy B
on 4/14/08 5:26 am - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Hello, OH Family!!

Here I am...finally...yes, Ive been absent for a long time...I had a rough time with four sales back-to-back, then JB was sick..thankfully it turned out to be a serious infection in the semenal tubs and the bladder and not the testicular cancer that they thought it might be. Then hubby's mother got sick and died.  She was 94 and had a good life but had suffered for many many years with alzheimers and hasnt known any of us for years..so it was a mixed blessing.

My weightloss had stopped and my surgeon told me that likely my body was stopping there and I was devastated..I still have alots of weight to lose!  It was at that point that JB was nagging me something awful about my weight and thats not a good thing for me.

Under the stress, I fell back on old habits...yes, I did *sighs* and the weight started creeping back.  I felt awful but somehow powerless to stop the cycle and kept promising myself Id start again tomorrow.  The result was that I was very angry at myself and felt like a complete failure..angry that Id been thru so much and done so well and here I am, back to my old habits of eating the wrong things...choclate and cookies  were easy to eat...I had grown fed up (bad pun, sorry) with always planning my food intake and just started isolating from everyone as much as I could get away with..hating how I looked..certain that each pound announced its presence in neon flashing lights.

HOWEVER, I have gotten back on track..Im losing those pounds now and the numbers are slowly dropping.  Im already feeling better physiclaly..the aching in my legs that had returned is now subsiding again and the folds around my swollen ankles are reducing too.

I have to remain constant and careful now..I cannot give into my old weaknesses again...its all entwined with my self-esteem and as I gained each pound, I hated me more.

And so here I stand, like the prodigal daughter, returning to the fold.  I need you people more than ever now.  Im sorry that I let you down..and let myself down.

Nancy B

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
MLONG
on 4/14/08 5:37 am - Wales , MA

Nancy

You could never let us down we all love and care for you

Glad to hear you are back on track nad back with us to help support you  BOO

Nancy B
on 4/14/08 5:40 am - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
aww..thank you, Boo...I sure felt like Id really blown it all.
annette R.
on 4/14/08 6:40 am - ithaca, NY
Dearest Nancy, WE NEED YOU!! You didn't, couldn't, and never will let us down. The OFF family supports each other through thick and thin. (my bad pun there) Nobody fails, we  hit some bumps, but there is no such thing as a failure.  There is so much love, you can't possibly resist us for long. I am happy to see you posting again. Welcome back to the fold. Love, hugs and many kisses Annette 
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Nancy B
on 4/14/08 1:51 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

aw shucks, Annette! 

well I sure hit one hell of a bump...I guess it was very hard for me because Im not used to failing at anything and I saw my weight gain as FAILURE.  It was a very humbling experience for sure...I had been doing so well then an abrupt aboutface...that  really threw me into a spin.

Thank you so much for your support! 

*hugs and schmoochies*

Nancy B

Eileen Briesch
on 4/14/08 11:53 am - Evansville, IN
Nancy, good to see you again! What's up with the October GTG at Niagra Falls? Still on?

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Nancy B
on 4/14/08 3:27 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Its actually really good to be back, Eileen, thank you!

As for an GTG,  it was just a suggestion...the problem here is that Niagara Falls is several hours away from an airport.  That causes an issue with transportation to and from and that gets costly.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views