What's new Monday!

Aime B.
on 4/13/08 7:36 pm, edited 4/13/08 7:41 pm - Baltimore, MD
Good morning! Not much to tell about this morning. I was lazy this weekend. I did drive out to the flea market and take a walk around. I bargained some prices for a few items and was successful. On the way home, I stopped for my pedicure and manicure. I am in love with the spa pedicure. I have never had one and it was heaven. They took a mint type mud and spread on my feet and legs. Then they wrapped each calf and foot in it's own individual hot towel. Oh my!!! Heaven. I wish I could have that done to my entire body! Might help with the itches and aches I have in my back. No special plans for the day. Just the usual. Work work work. I hope everyone has a lovely Monday!

Aime
The love of my OH Family has me humbled!!!!

annette R.
on 4/13/08 9:06 pm - ithaca, NY
Good morning Aime and all The pedicure sounds perfect. An entire body wrap might be available if you let your fingers do the walking.  No big plans for me today either. I need to start buying some Summer clothes soon. Not one piece of last years clothing fits. Carla gave me a cute bathing suit when we were in Pittsburgh, but that would look strange in the grocery store. Kisses Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

ceeidee
on 4/13/08 10:27 pm, edited 4/13/08 10:28 pm
Hey Annette, Not at the Safeway by my house! We go there sometimes just to see all the interesting people. It's the only place Beth will go without changing clothes or putting on her make-up! So come visit me and wear your suit! You'll look just fine at Safeway! No matter what you wear. Cheryl

We never touch people so lightly we do not leave a trace.
                                                                                                 Peggy Tabor Millin

annette R.
on 4/13/08 10:51 pm - ithaca, NY
Cheryl, I am going to be self-conscious about wearing a suit in public. I think the last time I wore one was 20 odd years ago.  We have some far out people here too. I get a kick out of the young people all decked out with their rainbow colored hair and the OLD hippies trying to bring back the 60's. We have a law which allows women to go topless as long as they are not being gross. So it is not out of the question to see a group sitting around, displaying their "girls". I can't imagine getting a sunburn that way. Kisses Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Eileen Briesch
on 4/14/08 7:33 am - Evansville, IN
Speaking of rainbow-colored hair, there was this woman we saw on the cruise ... she had short spiky kind of hair and it was rainbow colored. My brother saw her first at a Mexican restaurant in Galveston (I didn't see her) and then we saw her everywhere we looked on the ship ... on excursions ... in ports. It seemed we couldn't escape "Rainbow." One night somebody else started talking about her. We wondered if she lost a bet. She was a middle-aged woman, probably in her 50s-60s. Boy, did she look ridiculous!

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

ceeidee
on 4/14/08 10:18 am
Annette, I'm with you, I don't think I could do a bathing suit in public either, At the Christmas party for my husband's work, we stayed over at the hotel. They had a Hot tub and I snuck in very early in the am around 5am so as to be alone plus I'm awake any way! In my bathing suit, not a pretty sight. My goodness, I wasn't aware that you could go in public without a top except at  nudist beach. If women could do that at Safeway and Walmart, maybe I could get my husband to do the grocery shopping! C

We never touch people so lightly we do not leave a trace.
                                                                                                 Peggy Tabor Millin

KathiKins
on 4/13/08 9:17 pm - CA
Good Morning, Aime, and Everyone! Spa pedicures are simply the best aren't they?  So relaxing......  Glad you enjoyed it and hope you treat yourself often..... you're worth it.  It's also nice to hear you had a wonderful weekend! I had a great weekend in spite of the heat.  Our grandson came by yesterday and we played and played outside.  His favorite place to be.  He was simply fascinated with the fire hydrant in the middle of the greenbelt.  It's amazing how energized I feel after spending even a short time with a 2 year old! Busy day today as it's the only day until Friday that I am in the office for a full day.  Hubby has two days of being at the hospital for the nuclear stress tests.  Don't know how long it will take and whether I will bother going to work either day.  Mostly depends on how much work I get done today.  Got the NICEST e-card from my Secret Pal.  Thank you, Secret Pal.  What a wonderful treat to get such a thoughtful card.  I'm still enjoying my "snail mail" card with the adorable puppy on the front.   Sure hope the heat subsides here in Southern California just a bit.  I'm not a fan of 100-degree weather.  Have a great day! Kathi
Darlene
on 4/13/08 9:55 pm
You will love the heat after you have your surgery. You will be cold all the time. I keep my thermostat set at 84 during the summer and just love it.  I keep it set there for the dog, otherwise I would just use a fan to move the air around. We get pretty hot here in Fresno, around 110 average during summer...... I will have my grand daughter for about 5 days around the 23rd, her daddy is taking mommy on a surprise trip....
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

Brenda R.
on 4/13/08 9:50 pm - Portage, IN
Good morning to my OFF family. I hope that you are all having a fantastic day today so far.  DS is coming for me at 7 this morning and I am going into Illinois with him. I would like to be in my cozy warm bed with Bill staying warm but I guess that is what you have when you have kids. I didn't give birth to him but I might have well have. lol  I am planning on staying home for the rest of the day and going to do stuff around the house. But we all know the best made plans of mice and men. I am sure something will come up and make me go out in the cold again. lol It is cold here and I am wondering what happened to spring. I would like for it to come right now but nothing seems to happening to make it so. It is suppose to get around 70 on Wednesday I think. I can only hope that it happens. Frost is everywhere this morning. I have a heavy sweater on and I am not warm by a long shot. If fact I am a *****illed.  Didn't post much this week end. Bill and I took advantage of the week end and spent most every minute of it together and most of the time we were off and running. Nothing much just going where we wanted to and enjoying it greatly. We went to dinner on Saturday and on Sunday too. That was a treat. Saturday we chinese and yesterday we went American.  Shawn just got here so I better get going. Love and hugs to all and have a safe and good day today.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter 
                        that tells what kind of life you have lived.

oh_c_card-2.gif picture by kittikat22

MELISSA S.
on 4/13/08 9:59 pm - CYGNET, OH
Good Morning Aime and everyone, We had a busy weekend hauling rescue horses.   I was up early and have my horses and doggies done for the morning.    Today it's back to work and oh I need to stop and pick up the dreaded taxes so they can be mailed.    The weather was miserable this weekend so looking forward to the warmer weather this week.    Hope everyone has a great day and a great week!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views