OT:Location questions

Margo M.
on 4/13/08 1:37 am - Elyria, OH
i asked this once maybe a year ago... if someone were looking to relocate--tell us why your particular location of the country would be the place to move... weather --including amt of humidity or smog housing jobs available cost of foods etc medical facilities proximity to major highways/airports (for those family visitors!) gardening /growing conditions in other words...sell your location to a prospective buyer!
(deactivated member)
on 4/13/08 2:06 am, edited 4/13/08 2:07 am - Columbus, GA
I left southern California about 10 years ago... it is so crowded there now it is a very difficult area to live in... 2 hour commutes are normal there... blecch... Lived and worked in Florida... lots of nice areas that I would move back to if the opportunity presented itself... I liked the Gulf coast best... Clearwater up to Crystal river area... pretty nice beaches and weather... lots of thunderstorms and the occasional hurricane threat but not as bad as the east coast... Here in Georgia there are lots and lots of nice areas, and some not so nice... just like anywhere else in the world I guess... for me, being born and raised in my wonderful Pacific Ocean, it is a little weird not being close to the ocean... my gills are drying out a little... It really depends on what YOU enjoy... if it is night life and bright lights, this ain't it! .... if it's a slower lifestyle where 4 cars at an intersection is a traffic jam, then this would be nice for you. weather --including amt of humidity or smog No smog, lots of humidity during the summer ... mild winters, beautiful springs and falls... housing Nice housing runs about 200k or so... I rent a 3 bedroom in a nice neighborhood for $900 a month... same house 15 miles away in the not-so-nice neighborhood runs about $400 a month.. location, location, location... jobs available All kinds... cost of foods etc Everything is cheaper here... food, gas, etc... but they pay less here too... salaries in Atlanta are double what they are here... medical facilities Excellent...
proximity to major highways/airports (for those family visitors!) Excellent... gardening /growing conditions Everything grows so easily here... throw seeds out the window and check them in an hour... should be up and growing!
Margo M.
on 4/13/08 2:42 am - Elyria, OH
bright lites and nitelife-no! i was impressed with georgia 30 years ago- but there are snakes! the humidity does pose a problem to me.... we actually want hawaii but family will not/cannot afford to visit...which could maybe be a good thing!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/13/08 6:47 am - Columbus, GA
On April 13, 2008 at 9:42 AM Pacific Time, Margo M. wrote:
bright lites and nitelife-no! i was impressed with georgia 30 years ago- but there are snakes! the humidity does pose a problem to me.... we actually want hawaii but family will not/cannot afford to visit...which could maybe be a good thing!!!!
Snakes? Hmm... been here 10 years.... never saw a single snake Hawaii has more bugs and stuff than any state I have ever been to! LOTS of bugs!
Margo M.
on 4/13/08 6:58 am - Elyria, OH
i did see a VW bug in hilo when we were there!!!!! it was parked at walmart...... and i guess you have to use screening over some plants to keep the lil teensy weensy flies off.... we have a good rapport with madame pele so i am thinking we should be pretty safe there--it's more a matter of  a0 the housing market here to sell b) michael's health -issues are inproving-probly never be "normal" but tha' s a whole other story! c)i'm too lazy to pack the house again to move d) family will NOT come to visit-of course that would leave more time for you and your wife and other OFFERS to come to visit eh?!
Jan C.
on 4/13/08 2:36 am - Cedar Creek, MO
Margo , Lake front property for sale cheap lol Jan

http://community.webshots.com/user/mimicook?vhost=community

GOD BLESS YOU TODAY
JAN COOK

Margo M.
on 4/13/08 2:41 am - Elyria, OH
you my dear are a kick!! thx!!LOL!!! i know that you were helpful with this when i asked these questions before- one of the pluses for your area was the ability to drive to texas or wisconsin and michigan and ohio
carlak
on 4/13/08 2:43 am - Bradenton, FL
Margo, Sunny weather most of the time about 98 per cent. No snow or cold!!!!! Rent 1000.00 per month for a 2 bedroom 2 bath but I think that is on the high side!!!!! Near beaches and the Gulf. Bradenton Florida near Sarasota!!!!! Love It!!!!!! Carla Oh Ya not far from I-75 40 minutes from the Tampa Airport.
image hosting site

Margo M.
on 4/13/08 2:54 am - Elyria, OH
florida is interesting however has never been on my serious list of places to wanna live- humidity hurricanes snakes gators ...however the beaches! well..i'm sure i could enjoy the views even tho i can't touch! that rent is high carla! very high in my eyes! miss you- wanna go for coffee???!!!!
carlak
on 4/13/08 8:42 am - Bradenton, FL
Yea I wanna go for Coffee!!!!! Anytime!!!!! Carla
image hosting site

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views