OT:Location questions

Darlene
on 4/13/08 2:50 am
Central CA, why? because I am here. 
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

Margo M.
on 4/13/08 2:52 am - Elyria, OH
yes-however-then there would be two ol broads needing work!!hehe!!! seriously- you know i'm thinking of it!
Darlene
on 4/13/08 2:54 am
actually I haven't said much to most, afraid of jinxing, but I do have an interview in the morning and it looks pretty promising. I tested for this and came in #1
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

karen C.
on 4/14/08 10:22 am - Kennewick, WA
So. . . I'm dyling to know. How did it go?  I hope it went well and if it's something that you want I wish you the best. You are so deserving. Karen C

Karen C

Darlene
on 4/14/08 10:38 am
Welll, it appears they have 3 positions they are filling. I tested and scored 85% and ranked #1. All interviews would be done by noon today and I was first to interview. He also said that if you get a call today, that means you have a job, if you didn't hear from them, you didn't get one of the jobs. so.....as of 5:37 pm my time, no call, so that tells me no job. I keep telling people they don't hire me because of my age. Hellllooooooooo I have 20 years left of working in the body.......but, they don't tell you it's age, they just don't tell you so you can't prove the discrimination.... So I am still unemployed....soon to be homeless....lol
Women are angels.

We are flexible.

Darlene

karen C.
on 4/14/08 10:52 am - Kennewick, WA
This just really steams me that in this day this can and does still happen. I know size and age discrimination are alive and well as is cultural bias.  It's almost impossible to prove, but I'd sure be tempted to look for an attorney of a certain age that might be sympathetic to a "cause" and willing to take it on for a percentage if won.  Some things just become more than I can take and this is one of those. Wish I had the credentials and we'd take em on! I can sound tough, but I'm such a wimp. But this is so unfair. How could they NOT give you a chance to prove yourself? I'm still hopeful that a "real" person with a heart will see that you are the right one for one of these positions. Karen C

Karen C

Darlene
on 4/14/08 10:59 am
Karen, Don't get worked up my friend, I am so use to this, I have been applying and interviewing so much since last Sept. When they talk to me on the phone it all a go then when they see how old I am it's a different story.......something will come thru in time...
Women are angels.

We are flexible.

Darlene

karen C.
on 4/14/08 11:17 am - Kennewick, WA
There must be human resource and hiring personnel who know the value of experience. We are so much more reliable than many of the "prettier and oh so much younger" generation. My mom always told me that if I was nice to people they would be nice to me. I know it doesn't always (seldom!) work that way and that life is not always fair but it still really gravels my you know what!!!

Karen C

lora13
on 4/13/08 5:11 am, edited 4/13/08 5:12 am - Pittsburgh, PA

PITTSBURGH,PA...

WEATHER---GOOD AND BAD    HOUSING---HIGH AND LOW   JOBS---YES AND NO  

COST OF FOODS,ETC---HIGH AND LOW             MEDICAL FAC.--THE BEST!!                    PROXIMITY TO HIGHWAYS/AIRPORT--PERFECT               GARDENING/GROWING CONDITIONS---3 SEASONS

ARE YOU LOOKING, MARGO???

ONE MORE THING ABOUT THE BURGH....GREAT SPORTS TEAMS, CULTURE, RIVERS, ARTS, ETC. AND MARY AND ME!!

HUGS, LORA

Margo M.
on 4/13/08 6:17 am - Elyria, OH
best thing about the brugh is you and mary!!!! always looking! the market is still too poor for us to sell here but we keep looking-and we both want hawaii so badly!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1224 views