FRustrated - Please Help

bonzo
on 4/13/08 2:02 am - Guelph, Canada
I am 11 months post-op and have lost 59 lb since surgery.  I am stuck at 170 since January and can't seem to get below it.  I am trying to keep to 80 grams protein minimum and 1200-1300 calories as told but it just isn't budging.  I work out with a trainer twice a week and try to get in a few times on my own, tho I hate the working out part.  Any suggestions?
(deactivated member)
on 4/13/08 2:16 am - Columbus, GA
Any suggestions? Sure! ... just wish I could follow my own suggestions! Change it up... eat about 1600 - 1800 calories for a week... then when you body has adjusted to that go back to the 1200-1300 calories... Change the workout too... your body has adjusted to a set workout... skip the trainer and just walk or swim for awhile...
bonzo
on 4/13/08 12:58 pm - Guelph, Canada
Thanks, I'll try that, tho it's scary to up the calories.  I'm so afriad of gaining right now.
Sharon H.
on 4/13/08 2:21 am - Modesto, CA
I agree with Marc.  It sounds like you need to shake up your body a bit.  I always wonder about the lower calories.  I have always been told that if you don't eat enough calories your body goes into starvation mode and holds onto the weight.  This is keeping me confused with my attempt to lose my 10%.  I am not doing well at all.  Hopefully, Marc's advice will help.

Sharon

Gastric Sleeve on 2-19-13

bonzo
on 4/13/08 12:59 pm - Guelph, Canada
Thanks for your comments.
Jan C.
on 4/13/08 2:44 am - Cedar Creek, MO
how much of the protein is from protein drinks ? and how much water are you drinking daily. you need to get at least 80 grams of protein from protein drinks alone. and at least 64 oz of water. 

http://community.webshots.com/user/mimicook?vhost=community

GOD BLESS YOU TODAY
JAN COOK

bonzo
on 4/13/08 1:01 pm - Guelph, Canada
Thanks for the advice.  I have cut back on the shakes to one in the a.m.  So, are you saying 80 grams, which would be 4 shakes, plus food?  Yes, I'm not always getting all the water in.
Darlene
on 4/13/08 2:52 am
Are you journalling what goes between the teeth? this can be an important part of it also, Log, time, what, amount, and how you felt at the time. Haven't see you around much lately, wondering how you were doing. Are you attending in person support group? that is a big one also.
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

bonzo
on 4/13/08 1:02 pm - Guelph, Canada
Yes, I'm journalling my food most days and I do attend a support group, tho I missed this month because of work.  I don't often post but I do check in once and a while. Thanks for your comments.
Janice53
on 4/13/08 3:18 am - Wrightsville, PA
I agree with Marc - change your routine.  I think if you are being honest about what you are eating and how much exercising you are doing, what does your doctor say?  I am not saying that you are not eating or exercising as much as you say but it is amazing how much can go in our mouths without us realizing it.  I always used FitDay.com for my menu planning and exercising and it really helped me.  I was one of those who stayed under about 900 calories a day for a very long time and exercised to Leslie Sansone's various CD daily for at least an hour a day. I still hate exercise but it is now part of my regiment 5 days a week now that I am at goal.  I make sure I get my protein and water in first and foremost.  I know you are struggling but hang in there we are here for you.  Remember we all lose at different rates and so much plays a part of it.  Hang in there. Hugs, Jan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views