Take a seat... the rest of the story...

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/08 10:15 am - Columbus, GA
Heya cutie... I know what you are going through... I was offered a managers job at a BK about a year ago... No Thank You Ma'am! ... you are a strong woman to put up with that... When I am promoted to District Manager I will hire ya.... it will be hard to explain those 2 hour lunches to my wife though... (wiggling eyebrows up and down) I guess you can see how wonderful these people are on this board... told ya! ... they are the best! I have prayed and decided to just not worry about it at all... just gonna leave it all in Gods hands... He knows best... I am going to go to work, learn the new job, and then go home and make a couple of pens, go to the gym, mow the lawn... simple stuff for me for awhile... let someone else drive the bus for awhile
Barb K.
on 4/13/08 11:44 am - MN
You would hire me??? Well dear lord pleeease remove this temptation from my view!! Well I thank you for saying that I am a STRONG woman because I sure wasn't feeling that this past weekend.  I KNOW I am making more out of this than needs to be but dam it, it pi$$ed me off.  But, like i am learning is they are only going to do to you what you let them do to you.  So, I guess it is time for me to say something, which is something that is totally out of the box for me. Annnnyways I am looking for the simple quiet life, you know where I can find it??

Live each day as if it were your last, you never know it just might be!!

lightswitch
on 4/13/08 12:38 pm
I'm sure I'll get blasted for not saying poor you but I do think you are racist and you should not have left.  I know, loud sounds, running around "black" kids, and on and on, but you gave your word.  I also think that god has a lot of important things going on and the least of them is if you are going to get to take a man's job.  Sorry, but you do seem a little self absorbed and whiney.

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/08 7:33 pm - Columbus, GA
I am a racist because I said the kids were black?... and you know what God thinks is important and what is not important eh... That's not what the bible says, but I am sure from your post that you think you know more... Well, God bless you....
lightswitch
on 4/13/08 8:44 pm

“I am sorry if this makes me sound like a racist, but put a 53 year old white man in a motel occupied my a couple of hundred black youngsters and you will get the picture… and”   Let me see, would you have said a hundred white kids, of course not but you did say a 53 year-old-white man in a motel occupied by a couple of hundred black kids.  Why single out the race of the kids if you do not want to draw a disparity between white and black.  And to make it sound okay by saying, “I am sorry if this makes me sound like a racist,…”  Asking for forgiveness before being offensive is still being offensive.  And the last time I read the model prayer, you know the Lord’s Prayer, it never said ask for a job, it clearly says, “Give us this day our daily bread.”  In fact, nowhere in the Bible does it say that God is just waiting up there to hear all our silly little financial woes; financial woes that we get ourselves into by over charging, quitting good jobs, or just being a donkey’s ass.  And I was right, you cannot take criticism and why I bothered posting on your thread is beyond me.   I already read how you treated the other two posters who disagreed or gave a real answer instead of a poor, poor, Marc.  I should have left it a lone but for you to challenge my knowledge of anything is beyond letting it pass.  And so it goes….

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views