Take a seat... the rest of the story...

Margo M.
on 4/13/08 7:56 pm - Elyria, OH
nope not you !!!another barb showed up on the boards in the time you were gone....i think she is a marc groupie!
Margo M.
on 4/13/08 1:33 am - Elyria, OH
can ya get me a job? i'm wanting to relocate and NOT in the witness protection program!
(deactivated member)
on 4/13/08 1:59 am - Columbus, GA
It's a whole 'nother world in the South sweetie... hehehe... It took me quite a while to adjust to it! Really low pay here... I would starve in California on what I make now... but the cost of living is lower here so I guess it evens out
Sharon H.
on 4/13/08 2:16 am - Modesto, CA
Marc, that must have been horrible.  In this day and age who knows what the situation could have developed into.  Really didn't matter what color the kids were.  Any large group of kids, with no supervision, can get out of control.   You did what you had to do.  None of us has the right to judge what you did unless we were there.  Good luck with the new job however it works out.

Sharon

Gastric Sleeve on 2-19-13

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/08 8:20 am - Columbus, GA
None of us has the right to judge what you did unless we were there God bless you! ... sure had been hard finding someone with that insight around me! ... Thanks to you and my Sistas here for the support... I appreciate it.
nantimms
on 4/13/08 7:52 am - Ocean Shores, WA
Hi Marc:  Sorry you are having a tough time.  I love how supportive everyone is for you.  Now, please take this in the spirit it is intended ....my hubby has done route sales for most of his career with a stint as a district manager.  I let him read your posting and he is sympathetic with Sperk's reply.  It is how guys in that industry think and respond.  He was giving you the perspective of your industry.  Rather than dis him ... you may have gotten some insight into why you were treated the way you were.  I always try to deal with negative feedback as a possible view of the issue that I hadn't considered.  I think the more views you have the more complete and true is your view.    nan
(deactivated member)
on 4/13/08 8:16 am - Columbus, GA
It was an instructors job, not a route job. I am NOW in a route job. ... and please tell me where I "dis'd" him?? Sorry, but name calling is not negative feedback. I find it hard to get any insight being called a 6 year old and not management ready. One of the problems I have is that I have lots of management experience, and that makes it very difficult to deal with the good 'ol boys who have made it into management because they went hunting, fishing, cheer on the same college football team, or chew the same tobacco as the boss... I know that post was very long, but if you actually READ it you might see that the main theme was that I am being led in a direction... as the others that responded understood. The job I have now understands the basic concepts of management... praise in public, correct in private... and above all be fair and impartial. I have had mostly bad experiences with management since moving to the south... seems that the Good 'Ol Boy network is in full swing here... Thanks for the reply...
nantimms
on 4/13/08 9:02 am - Ocean Shores, WA
Oh my.  Please accept my apologies for responding to your posting.
(deactivated member)
on 4/13/08 10:06 am - Columbus, GA
No apology needed... you have a right to respond, and I have a right to reply back... You hit a nerve by generalizing though... I have never agreed with people who generalize with statements like "It is how guys in that industry think and respond" .... no, it isn't. It might be how your husband responds, and how sperk responds, but this is my 3rd route job in 20 years, and this is not something you can generalize about, in my opinion.... plus it wasn't the route industry that was involved... it was a mom and pop owned USCG license instruction company. I know the mistakes I made... I should have stayed at the motel I was at... but it was so bad I thought that no matter where I went it would have to be better... I was wrong. I was hoping to get far enough away from the city to find a quiet motel and get some sleep and then go teach... an hour drive in the morning would have been fine with me. .... does that sound like I should be called a 6 year old? sperk wasn't there... neither were you. It was a very bad experience and I am convinced that there was a reason for it... I agree with my preachers interpretation... Please don't take my response the wrong way... I was just responding to your post...
Barb K.
on 4/13/08 9:21 am - MN
Ok first and foremost for those you that are wondering who the Barb is that Marc is referring to in his reply to whats his name  I am that Barb and Marc so graciously invited me here a few days ago because he told me just how wonderful and supportive you all are and coming from the boards that Marc and I met on this is definately a refreshing change. Marc I am soooo sorry that you have had to go through this but you do know what doesn't get us down only makes us stronger. Marc  I am still in that ass. managers job I told you awhile back and I am totally being pushed to my limits the last few days and I am about ready to walk but in my area you don't do that unless you have something to back it up (another job/plan) as they are NOT plentiful around here.  Anyways enough about me  It is amazing what some employers expect us to endure.  I know you said that this was a teaching gig you were about to do, I still don't think that gives them the right to treat you the way that they did.  First off what in the world were they thinking sending all them kids WITHOUT supervision that is just assnine if you ask me and just asking for trouble.  No one should have to be put through that as someone said weather it is kids or adults you go there for rest and get ready for the reason you are there and you are more than likely in a unfamiliar territory so you don't know the resources that are there and for this company to leave you hanging like that is just unbelieveable. Sounds like there were a lot of "i's" not dotted and "t's" not crossed and a major lack of communication. I will go with my philosophy on this one when it comes to the DM job... it it is meant to be it will happen. You have to be totally comfortable with the situation before it is going to be totally right so just take a breather and think about it and see where it goes. I personally think you would make a great DM.  Keep your chin up hun.  It will happen!

Live each day as if it were your last, you never know it just might be!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1224 views