Almost my time

phfauche
on 4/12/08 12:14 am - Columbus, OH
Well Ladies this has been one long journey for me.  I began my journey June of 2006 and am finally getting this taken care of.  Thank goodness because it seems like the medical problems keep mounting up the longer you wait.  I am having my LapBand inserted Tuesday, April 15th at 7:30 am.  I'd be nervous (maybe just a little) but the d**n liquid diet (Medifast) has me all in knots.  I started that April 2nd.  Now, with just 3 days left of the diet, the stuff makes me gag.  Oh well, deal with it right?  Yesterday was our 38th wedding anniversary so the kids took us to Red Lobster.  I had a litle bit of salad, a bite of broccoli and a small piece of grilled tilapia.  I can't believe I went to Red Lobster and didn't have a biscuit.  I hope I didn't overdo it too bad. I'm asking that you keep me in your thoughts and prayers Tuesday.  The surgery is supposed to be out patient but I asked that since I'm driving 2 hours for the surgery to please keep me another night.  Just to make sure everything is working properly. Will let everyone know how I'm doing, when it's done.  Peggy

Hugs,   Peggy 

MELISSA S.
on 4/12/08 12:40 am - CYGNET, OH
Good Luck with your surgery.  It will be over before you know it and you will be on the losing side.   Follow your Dr.'s rules and you will do well. I will say some prayers for you and keep you in my thoughts.

phfauche
on 4/12/08 2:58 am - Columbus, OH
Thanks for the warm thoughts and prayers Melissa.  They will be truly appreciated. 

Hugs,   Peggy 

Barb K.
on 4/12/08 12:42 am - MN
Well Peggy your time is here!! I will save you a spot on the losers bench *dusting it off for you*  Good luck with that and keep us posted when you can. You know it is truely amazing when they can do this extremely serious surgery and send you home the same day!!! I am looking at being 5 years out in June and of course I had RNY-open and well I was there for something like 5 days!! WOW!! But I am totally with you when you are driving that far you definately want to make sure things are going good before they send you home because that car ride is not a pleasent one. Good luck to you!!!

Live each day as if it were your last, you never know it just might be!!

phfauche
on 4/12/08 3:07 am - Columbus, OH
Hey, this May it will be 6 years since my daughter had her open RNY.  thanks for saving me that spot on the bench and all of your good thoughts. 

Hugs,   Peggy 

jillysue
on 4/12/08 1:30 am - Northern, MI
Woo Hoo, Peggy! Prayers and lots of good wishes comin' right at ya baby! Just think, some of us (me) will probably be finishing up our taxes (bad girl) and you will be getting to start a whole new Life!!! Woo Hoo!! Happy anniversary and good job :) at Red Lobster!!!! Only three days left of the diet, you can do it. It will be soooooo worth it.  Hugs and kisses,  Jill

One Day at a Time
Jill

Highest 288/Consult 282/Preop 275/current 150/goal ?????

phfauche
on 4/12/08 3:09 am - Columbus, OH
Thanks for all of the prayers, I can use as many of those as I can get.  I'll be back on here when I get home.  thanks.

Hugs,   Peggy 

peggy H.
on 4/12/08 1:53 am
Dear Peggy, Well Girl, here you go.  Please be aware that we are all in your corner. Rest up, Start walking as soon as you feel well enough to move your tiny hiney,  drink water til you think you'll float, go find your joy dear girl.   Hugs , Peg
GOD BLESS AMERICA

AND ALL OUR HERO'S
phfauche
on 4/12/08 10:47 am - Columbus, OH

From one Peg to another, thanks for the well wishes.  I'll be on that bench before I know it.  Thank goodness my liquid diet diesn't last but a couple of days after surgery.  I do have that to look forward to.   Thanks again, 

Hugs,   Peggy 

Connie D.
on 4/12/08 2:07 am
Peggy I am wishing to the best with your surgery on Tuesday. You can make it a couple more days ....keep you eye on the prize!! Sounds like you enjoyed your 38th Anniversary....I don't think you need to worry about the little you ate. Just stick with the LD until surgery. Good thoughts and prayers are being sent to you!! Hugs, connie d
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views