It's Saturday- What's New!

Aime B.
on 4/11/08 7:40 pm - Baltimore, MD
Good morning. I guess I'm the only one that didn't sleep in today. Anyway! What's new with you???

Aime
The love of my OH Family has me humbled!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/11/08 8:58 pm - Somewhere IN, TX
Good morning, Aime, Well, it's 5:43 a.m. here.  Saturday..... let's see, LAST Saturday we were just getting ready for a big day in the 'burgh'.  THIS Saturday I managed to darned near fall out of bed because I was dangerously close to the side pushed out by a four year old. Kara came over.  She cooked.   Honestly, she did.  My only function is to read the directions, put things in the oven and get things out.  She set the table in my best Haviland Gold Ring, had the special glasses (my grandmother's crystal), put a candle on the table, linen table cloth and napkins.  She said we'd use our 'best manners'.  NOT like her brother who BURPS.  She made spaghetti and meatballs.  Gotta love dollar cans of sauce.  Meatballs were delicious.  But they were made by little hands.  Peas.  Garlic toast. And for dessert, she made Jiffy White Cake in her little bundt cake pans and iced them with Strawberry icing and sprinkles.  I was already seeing Grammy in the bathroom dumping when she announced she thought we'd go to 'YOUR' Starbucks in the morning and take Ms. Vicki and Mr. Joe the cakes.  THANK GOODNESS!!! She didn't want to watch movies.  She wanted to watch Bobby Flay and the Food Channel but in BED.  I've got an antique bed that was in my grandmother's house well, back into the 1920's. Was an antique then from my Great Aunt Wee's house in Denton Texas.  My great grandmother died in it and my grandmother used to read the 365 Days of Stories to me every night in it.  I've got it now and it's got a Mambaza net over it so Kara likes to 'camp' in a lace tent..:)  We went to bed early..she was asleep by 8:15... I was there shortly after, I think. Anyway, it's morning.  I've GOT to go clean up the cooking mess.  Today is $4, and then I think I'll shuffle her home unless she talks me into shopping.  Ms. Priss that she is. No other plans this weekend except I had 84 messages in my inbox and can access from home so best answer them this weekend so Monday won't be a chore. Everyone enjoy.  Gorgeous weather in Texas.  Miss my 'burgh' gals and Louise. Thelma
annette R.
on 4/11/08 9:14 pm - ithaca, NY
Janet, Awww so cute. I can picture the two of you all nestled in your massive bed. That sounds like a perfect Friday night date. I miss you too. Kisses Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

(deactivated member)
on 4/11/08 9:32 pm - Somewhere IN, TX
Yep, Annette, you are going to be doing the same things with your Melanie.  Never too young to teach them to cook 'healthy'.  In fact, Kara is on a 'healthy' kick.  Everything she was cooking she was asking me if it was healthy.  She's got her mother looking at labels now.  If it has more sugar than protein, they don't buy it.  AND, she's starting to cook rather buy fast food.  Kids seem to be liking dinner better.  But one thing I told DIL was to let them dish out their own portions.  Both kids dish out their own here and eat it... but they take good appropriate portion sizes... who knew? Would love to meet you for coffee this morning. Janet
annette R.
on 4/11/08 10:44 pm - ithaca, NY
  Janet, I poured a couple cups of cyber coffee. It is not the same without you. There wasn't enough time in Pittsburgh to sit and talk for any length of time. NEXT time we need more than 1 day and two nights.  Kara is learning good habits from her grandma. Starting her young at $4 too. Good socialization skills to be learned there. Sure wish I was there. Could you direct me to the place you found your airline tickets please. I forgot the name of the place. Might come in handy someday. Kisses Annette Kisses Annette

(deactivated member)
on 4/12/08 2:37 am - Somewhere IN, TX
Annette, I got on Priceline.com on the 'bid' portion.  You have to 'bid' and they tell you if they have your price but before you do, you have to pay for it 'upfront' with your credit card.... you won't have more than one stop but you don't have a choice of travel time, just the date. Gettin' out of the box, are ya? Janet
annette R.
on 4/12/08 5:24 am - ithaca, NY
Rainbow Clown Jack in the Box Images Maybe sticking a toe out at least.

Candygirl
on 4/11/08 11:04 pm - Somewhere in, NY

Thelma Did Kara ask you about any of the accessories on your bed frame.....? Louise

(deactivated member)
on 4/12/08 2:38 am - Somewhere IN, TX
Oh, you mean the 1st Place, 2nd Place, 3rd Place, and Honorable Mention medals?  Ummm, no. Thelma
(deactivated member)
on 4/11/08 11:40 pm - east falmouth, MA
Boy do I covet grandkids!!!! My hubby and I secretly listen for signs of settling down every time we talk to out 27 year old son....Hes not there yet but progressing!   Boy though if he doesnt come through I don't know what we will do...We already have 5 dogs...a sweet substitute but not the real thing... Glad you had that day..Such good stuff!!! Theres nothing like Grandma!!! I have little more exciting to do today but clean house..woohoo I could just dance... but I do havge an IPOD in my ears to keep me moving...no kidding it really helps!!!  2 more days until my surgeons consult....If I canchannel all thei anxiety into this house itwill be spit shined by then...off I go...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views