I have a cold and tummy pain

fhgt48
on 4/11/08 9:08 am - Caldwell, ID
I feel miserable today. The cold started last night. I have a mild cough. It will get better in a few days. Also, I drank some 2% milk after eating somoe cheddar cheese. I am bloated, and have some tummy pain, mostly in the upper right quadrant. I have been having a lot of nausea especially in the evening and I am having trouble eating and getting in all my protein. So all of you who have had gallbladder trouble, tell me if you had this type of symptoms at all. I do have sludge in my Gallbladder. I don't feel good for several hours after eating, especially dinner??? any ideas would be helpful.  I am almost 9 months out and am having trouble getting 800 cal per day. Often I only get 500-600 cal per day.  I don't feel good enough to sit here and type. So, forgive me for not posting otherwise today. Diana

Brenda R.
on 4/11/08 10:51 am - Portage, IN
Diana, I am so sorry that you aren't feeling well. I will keep you in my prayers. If you have a cold and have any mucous (sp) I don't advise milk since that causes more mucous. I had pain after eating before I got the news that I was the proud owner of gall stones. I had a lot of pain in my back. Some of my friends say they had pain like a heart attack. I think that you should really call the doctor and get in to see him. He will probably order a ultrasound if he thinks it is your gall bladder. Hope that you feel better soon. Please take care of yourself.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter 
                        that tells what kind of life you have lived.

oh_c_card-2.gif picture by kittikat22

fhgt48
on 4/11/08 11:44 am - Caldwell, ID
Thanks, I'll take all the prayers I can get. I am having such a hard time eating that I am trying to find something that goes down without gaging me or making me sick. I had the ultrasound. Now I am waiting to see what they want ot do next. They might  want to do a HIDA scan. I don't want another surgery, but I can't keep on like this either. It will be next week before I find out what next.  I jsut want esay answers and I want them now. No patients. Diana

Connie D.
on 4/11/08 11:17 am
Hi Diana...I had similar pain and ended up having gallbladder surgery. I hope you check in with your doctor and get his opinion too. Prayers being sent now......... Hugs, connie d
fhgt48
on 4/11/08 11:50 am - Caldwell, ID
Thanks for the prayers and the hugs. Did you have any nausea and gas? I have worked with a lot of gall bladder patients, so the pain I understand. I know some people get quite sick with them, but I never paid attention to that.  I have run heart attach testing and general blood work to rule out other things and then the patient usually goes for an ultrasound and or HIDA scan and off to the surgeon. It is easier when it is someone else. Not so easy when it is me. I don't like being the patient. Diana

Connie D.
on 4/11/08 12:36 pm
I had nausea and a great deal of pain......I don't remember the gas part. I had it before WLS. Good luck....connie d
S Andrews
on 4/11/08 12:54 pm - eatonville, WA
Hi Diana, I hope your feeling better. Gallbladder troubles can be very debilitating. I was nauseated and had terrible pain. Mine was removed years ago. Try  digestive enzymes to help digest your foods better and stay away from fatty foods-even cheese will get ya sometimes! Theres even a gallbladder cleanse that I've done that helps some people. your in my prayers! Sharon
KathiKins
on 4/11/08 11:58 pm - CA
HI Diana, I hope you feeling a little better today.  I haven't had surgery yet so I can't offer anything other than sympathy and support.  In my pre-surgery testing, they tell me my gallbladder is full of stones so it's coming out with my surgery.  I hope they find a solution and that it's a simple fix. Sending a gentle hug, Kathi
Cajun Angel
on 4/13/08 12:46 pm - New Orleans, LA
Diana, I hope you're feel better on both counts!  Many prayers! Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!