Mystery Box

Darlene
on 4/11/08 6:03 am
If someone wants to do one feel free, as my thoughts were the next one could have items to pamper ourselves with. Instead of 12 items, have 6 nice ones.  Or possibly an cooking theme. The only thing I see problems with area specific is it can get complicated. That would be better with a one on one exchange. As everyone would want something from NY, then everyone would want something from Florida, etc. Hope I'm explaining this so no one is confused as I am. Your thougts
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

Margo M.
on 4/11/08 9:57 am - Elyria, OH
i think a pampering one would be fun -specially with summer coming when some of us bare more---toes i mean!! and elbows!!!!! run with it darlene!!!! so long as you'r enot running with scissors!!!! hehe
S Andrews
on 4/11/08 12:42 pm - eatonville, WA
I'm up for it too! I like the idea of having things that pamper us too! I could start it from the west coast if you want. Just let me know Sharon
Darlene
on 4/11/08 12:44 pm
I think they want it to kriss kross across the US, not sure yet.......
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

Candygirl
on 4/11/08 10:44 pm - Somewhere in, NY
Didn't the first mystery box just have a dozen or so "white elephant" things that we already had?   Good stuff, but just stuff we didn't/couldn't use?  Or were new things to be purchased just for the box?  If the items are pampering items, that's good, but I personally like the idea of a variety of stuff, that we already have.  The surprise factor, you know.  Again, just my opinion... I imagine we all have the "gift cupboard/closet/drawer" full of stuff that never quite fits the gift giving occasion.  I thought the reason that the box was taking the path it was taking was to help cut down on the postage cost.  It's not a lot more to ship close by than across the country, but it's a little more, via UPS, at least.  Again, however the majority wants the shipping, that's fine with me. Or am I just confused?  Again? Keep me posted.  If Darlene wants to start it again, that would be great, but if we need a volunteer to start it, I'd be glad to collect the names and addresses and get it moving.  The whole thing sounds like fun. Candy

Darlene
on 4/11/08 11:11 pm
I don't mind doing it again, in fact, I'm cleaning out my 10x20 storage unit today, so I will have loads of misc stuff. The path I chose for the Mystery Box #1 was the shortest route for the box, so it could get to the next destinations in a timely manner rather than kriss krossing.  So, here's the deal, if someone else wants to do it then that's ok. I don't mind stepping back.
Women are angels.

We are flexible.

Darlene

Candygirl
on 4/11/08 11:30 pm - Somewhere in, NY
I don't care who starts it, as long as I get in on it.  I LOVE going through other people's stuff!  And it sounds like everything that people are putting in is pretty cool. Let me know what I have to do to be included. Candy

(deactivated member)
on 4/12/08 6:04 am - Somewhere IN, TX
I'm with you, Louise, I like the white elephant phun stuff. I don't want to be 'tied' to a theme.  And I think it would be fun to tell what you picked out of the box.  Quite frankly, whomever does this could keep this going forever as long as people wanted to play... even start over.  There could be a traveling box for years, I guess...  Darlene is correct, I think, shorter distances are less money... instead of crisscrossing.  We have people from one side of this great nation to the other so it could sure get from Point A to Point Z... I might even have an unused medal or two..:) Thelma
Margo M.
on 4/12/08 12:10 pm - Elyria, OH
you do realize don't you that you would have to go to the mail box??????? ouch! don't hit me with that hard ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views