Real dizzy, what do you think?

jillysue
on 4/10/08 12:17 pm - Northern, MI
I am on day 3 of my preop diet. I woke up this am at 6:00 as usual. When I rolled over I realized I was sooooo dizzy. I finally sat up and after about 10 min was able to get up to go to the BR........very carefully. I went back to bed, drank about 6 oz of fluids and woke up a couple hrs later feeling somewhat better. I have been a little "off" all day, but after I ate and drank more fluids I feel pretty good tonight. My knees are feeling kinda weak. I wonder if I was just not getting enough fluids in. I had over 64 oz, but hey............ Just wondered what you pros thought....... Thanks,  Jill

One Day at a Time
Jill

Highest 288/Consult 282/Preop 275/current 150/goal ?????

Eileen Briesch
on 4/10/08 12:30 pm - Evansville, IN
Ya know, when I was on the pre-op diet, I felt very tired too the first week ... I thought it was the lack of caffeine (and I was very cranky and sore too), but it might just be your body getting used to the drop in sugar and carbs, too. Just keep following their diet and take things slow (well, as slow as you can). If you feel dizzy, stay seated and rise slowly. I was all aches and pains the first week of that diet. I was such a bear at work because I didn't have my caffeine! Your body is adjusting.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Connie D.
on 4/10/08 1:00 pm
If you aren't feeling better tomorrow I would call your doctor.  If you did have alot of caffeine that could be it...the withdrawl....if not I would check in with the clinic. Hugs, connie d
Linda S.
on 4/10/08 8:39 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Call doctor now~~ Hugs...

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

jillysue
on 4/10/08 8:55 pm - Northern, MI
Woo Hoo! I am better today!  Musta been lack of fat, carbs, sugar and caffeine. Got all my protein in and extra water yesterday and am feeling fine this morning.... Thanks all

One Day at a Time
Jill

Highest 288/Consult 282/Preop 275/current 150/goal ?????

Pat R.
on 4/10/08 9:54 pm - Sturgis, MI
Glad you are feeling better today.....my guess would be that your blood sugars went really low and that's what made you dizzy. How are you finding the pre-packaged food??? I didn't mind it...

Make sure your hubby has my phone number so he can let me know how you do with your surgery next Friday.....one week from today......aren't you excited???

Hugs,
Pat

p.s. will send you a PM with my phone number

(on MySpace, MSN, Web pages, Blogs...)
Done! Your Ticker: 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy