OT - CINNAMON APPLE

butterjoy
on 4/10/08 7:57 am - Elkview, WV
I LOVE cinnamon, especially in Apple pie but didn't want to eat all those calories. I found a quick, easy recipe online and changed it slightly to lower the calories. 1 small Apple, peeled and sliced (2 1/2' dia. Approx 4 per lb) 1 packet of Splenda 1 teaspoon Cinnamon (You could also add in some low-cal Becel spray for a more buttery taste) Put slices of apple in a bowl, add in Splenda and cinnamon and mix up. Put in microwave on high for about 1.5 min. Enjoy! Small apple, peeled (about 50 calories) Cinnamon (6 calories) Splenda ( 0 Calories!) For a total of about 56 Calories for a very yummy dessert!
Cajun Angel
on 4/10/08 8:23 am - New Orleans, LA
Thanks, that sounds yummy!  I did something similar a while back, only after microwaving, I added a sprinkling of oatmeal and pecans and placed it in the oven for a few minutes.
butterjoy
on 4/10/08 9:17 am - Elkview, WV
THAT SOUNDS GOOD TOO!

* Our family is a circle of love and strength. With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love. Every obstacle faced together makes the circle stronger. The love of a family is life's greatest blessing.   
     I have reached my goal! Praying angel:9896

fhgt48
on 4/10/08 9:59 am - Caldwell, ID
Wow, now that would really be a good and nutritious dessert. Maybe I will make me a very small bowl. Diana

Connie D.
on 4/10/08 9:23 am
Yummy.......I am keeping this recipe in my file!! Hugs, connie d
butterjoy
on 4/10/08 9:28 am - Elkview, WV
YOU ARE WELCOME CONNIE! JOY

* Our family is a circle of love and strength. With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love. Every obstacle faced together makes the circle stronger. The love of a family is life's greatest blessing.   

fhgt48
on 4/10/08 9:58 am - Caldwell, ID
So good and so easy. What more can we ask for. I bet a little milk would be good on it. I like milk on pie and I even put milk in my applesauce. Cream would be good also, but no way could I even begin to handle that even if I wanted to. Thanks, Diana

butterjoy
on 4/10/08 12:29 pm - Elkview, WV
MILK ON PIE IS ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!  I DO THAT ON MY BLACKBERRY AND APPLE PIE.  YUMMY!  BEFORE STARTING MY WEIGHT LOSS, I USED TO PUT ICE CREAM ON TOP OF HOT APPLE PIE, CAKE AND BROWNIES.  DO I MISS THAT, SOMETIMES. lol :) JOY

fhgt48
on 4/10/08 12:57 pm - Caldwell, ID

I have found Bryers, double churn, sugar free low fat ice cream and it is really good. I can eat about 1/4 Cup once in a while. I will try some with my cinnamon and apples. Diana

lora13
on 4/10/08 10:49 pm - Pittsburgh, PA

Add some Fat Free Cool Whip on top..only 10-15 calories per serving and if you spoon it out while it is frozen, it will taste like soft ice cream (like DQ)...yummo!! Lora

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views