5 Day Pouch Test--Again!!

Candygirl
on 4/9/08 6:58 am - Somewhere in, NY
Since I'm slower than most to try new things, I just got around to deciding to try this.  The deciding factor was the Pittsburgh trip.  While I didn't gain any weight, I did notice a definite tendency to graze, especially on carbs (and also on great coffee, I might add!!).  Anyhow, I decided to try to break the trend, so... I started today.  I really want to "nosh" a bit, but am being good (a habit I'd recently gotten away from).   My question is this:  Of those of you you have tried the pouch test and stuck to it pretty well, have you lost any weight?  (Other than Marc, whose 14 lbs, although phenomenal, are nothing close to what I expect!)  Did it bring you back in tune with the way the pouch used to work?  Do you think you'll try it again in the future?  As weight loss, or to re-set your pouch? Thanks for the input. Candy

Margo M.
on 4/9/08 8:41 am - Elyria, OH
i did lose about 4 # -and promptly put them right back on once i started eating- i think that yes, i would do it again--however-when i do it will be when i can maybe stay in day 1 & 2 phase a few extra days. i enjoy not having that "carb bloat" and think it would take more than two days for me--then i think i would try to go about  4 days with soft protein before starting to eat  when i did it before i also went out to dinne rright away after so it stopped me-- i would do it only as a weight loss thing- i don't think it really "reset" my pouch... good luck to you! and staya way from choclate biscotti!!! ( got my pics developed today!)
Candygirl
on 4/9/08 9:27 am - Somewhere in, NY
Yumm.  Chocolate biscotti.  Dangerous but delightful.  Not to mention a bit obscene... Can't wait to see the pics. Candy

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/08 10:09 am
Hi Candy I did the pouch test a few weeks ago.  I lost about 8 lbs.  I discovered Progresso's lite Italian style vegetable soup.  It made the liquid days pretty easy and I still eat it when I need something quick.  I will do it again.  I have thought about doing it once every couple of months.  It did "re-set" my pouch. It also helped break the plateau I had been on for a couple of months.  I think it is useful just to get back in touch with the "rules"  Sometimes things (like grazing) just creeps up on you.  Good luck with your pouch test.
Candygirl
on 4/9/08 10:31 am - Somewhere in, NY

Linda

I didn't realize we could use things with "chunks" for the first two days.  I have to admit I'm getting a little hungry.  I had a Cup-A-Soup spring vegetable, and felt guilty about the little bitty noodles and veggies.  I feel better now...  I'll pick up some of the Progresso for tomorrow.

I wouldn't mind losing 4-5 lbs.  It would give me back the cushion towards my goal weight.  If nothing else happens, breaking the carb/grazing cycles would be great! Thanks for responding. Candy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views