What's New- Monday!

Pat R.
on 4/6/08 9:51 pm - Sturgis, MI
Sounds like everyone had a fantabulous time in the "burgh". Yeah, I'm still sorry I didn't go! We will definitely have to get something going in this area this summer.

I walked 1/2 mile yesterday in training for a three mile CROP walk the end of this month. That was something for me, who just a year ago could barely walk to the bathroom w/o being out of breath!

We had beautiful weather here over the weekend - temps in the 60's. I got all my outside windows washed -- WOW.

Back to work this morning and then down to my church to help set up and sort thru tons of rummage. My van will be filled too when I go .....cleaned my closet Saturday and was amazed at how much "stuff" I had that's too big AGAIN.

Have a great week all....

(on MySpace, MSN, Web pages, Blogs...)
Done! Your Ticker: 
Brenda R.
on 4/6/08 10:04 pm - Portage, IN
Good morning to my OFF sistas and brothers. I am so glad that everyone had a wonderful week end in P'burgh but it is nice to have everyone home and together again.  I am going to the grocery store this afternoon. I got a nice 5 shelf pantry cabinet from freecycle yesterday. I got it all cleaned up and it looks so nice. I have such a small kitchen and so this is going to free up a lot of cabinet space for me. I am now going to be able to move things around and not have stuff crammed together. I have been looking forward to that since moving down here. The apartment that we had upstairs was bigger than this one. The office says that they are the same size but I know different. When you have the same furniture and can't put things that same way it kind of tell you the real truth.  It is sunny here. It is going to be in the 50's today and most of the week. It is cooler than it was yesterday since it was in the high 60's yesterday but the 50's aren't going to be bad either. I know that you aren't going to get any flack from this girl on them. It is a bit cooler this morning but that will leave in time. Bear patiently my heart.  Bill and I went to a mission program last night at the church. One of the girls from church went to Seirra Leaone Africa in December for a mission trip. They showed slides and talked on the things they did and where they went and some of the people that they met. It was so interesting and they were both dressed in clothes that they got there. Afterwards the mission committee made an African dinner and things were really good. They eat a lot chicken, rice and beans. Liz said that most of the food is really spicy but the committee made it not spicey. The only thing that was is the plantains that were dipped in cayenne pepper and ginger. I thought that they were very good. Liz said that the pepper that we have on the table is different than the pepper they have on their's. They keep bottles of cayenne pepper on their table and use that like we do regular black pepper. I am one who cooks with some cayenne but I couldn' t have it relace the regular pepper for sure.  Bill enjoyed the evening and he said that he was glad that he went. We were raised entirely different where religion is concerned. That has been a problem with us ever since we were married. He seems more comfortable in my church now and even Pastor said last night that he seems to be becoming a regular face there now. Bill kind of laughed and agreed with him. I have always been of the belief that a family should attend church together and so I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is a good sign.  Misty has been on my lap this morning. So my lap has been full with my furmonster and my laptop. Now she is down and has been looking out on what my dad would call her back forty acres, but decided she would rather lay on the back of the sofa and watch what is going on out there instead of sitting at the door watching. Why sit when you can lay down?! lol I better get going. I hope that you all have a safe and blessed day today. I will check in later on to see what is going on. I will meet you all back here in the morning for our daily get together. Love and hugs to all of my brothers and sistas!!

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter 
                        that tells what kind of life you have lived.

oh_c_card-2.gif picture by kittikat22

ceeidee
on 4/6/08 10:51 pm
Hi Aime and all, Sounds like you all had a blast! Again, wish I could have been there, maybe next time if it's a bit closer to the Pacific Northwest. We get to wear jeans today and they are serving pizza for lunch. Reward for doing so well on the state survey. I might have a taste but probably not...I will have my lunch which I like better. Tom and I went out to see Beth at school and take her to dinner. She talks so fast it wears us both out. Took some pictures will put on later. I have an "issue" with pictures. I think I look ok in the mirror, but when I see myself in a picture I think I look heavier than when I see me in the mirror. I was told by Dr. that if we have been heavy our whole lives we see ourselves as heavy all the time even when we lose weight and that when we are not heavy as a kid and teen, and gain weight later, we don't see ourselves as heavy as we are unless we see a picture...I think that is me. I never realized how big I had gotten until I would see a picture. Now, I think I look O****il I see a picture..hmmmmm....I was small until college and marriage, so maybe that's why. I have been heavy for most of my life but not all of my life, (thought I was even when I wasn't) like in my  first 18 years...Just thinking... Kathi, hope all goes quickly for you this week and no delays! Susan, prayers with you for you surgery! Aime, good job grammy! Annette, nice to see you back, glad you had fun! Your bedroom colors sound really pretty. Everyone, have a great day...I should write down names as I read, but I forget..... Off to get ready for work, Cheryl

We never touch people so lightly we do not leave a trace.
                                                                                                 Peggy Tabor Millin

Margo M.
on 4/6/08 10:57 pm - Elyria, OH
good morning! sun is shining and roxie and i have been downstairs once-i'm on the second cup of coffee and ready to hit some protein... as wonderful as it is to go away-and this trip was so awesome--it is fantastic to come home to one's own bed and covers and family ! rox has been about glued to me and the cat was a bit jealous! so i had both of them content with me in bed-poor michael doesn't get much room or rest when they get started "playing" so it was nice to have them both quiet! melissa; wow- back to 9 eh???hmmmmmmmm sounds like everyone had a great weekend on their own for the most part- those of you who were in pockets-be glad you weren't in mine cuz i melted a square of dark chocolate in one and what a mess! when i reached my hand in and it came out wet and warm it was like buttery baby poo!!!!! ah well! i actually lost 3 # this weekend! yeeeehaaawwwww! i mean pa-looooza! while i was gone; our neighbor across the street (the one we have the restraining order against) tried to run down michael and roxie so today we will probly have to deal with the prosecuting atty- the sheriff's dept wouldn't come out- but i am sure there is record of michael's call...warm weather brings out the jerk in this guy...makes me rethink loving my home and wanting to stay here...then there is the worry of retaliation also...gonna be a long summer... walgreens emailed and told me that on weds i can get a free roll of film developed- so i printed out the coupon and will wait til then to do my cameras from the trip! free is nice even if only for one! well- roxie is hogging the desk chair and i am sliding off- need to get my day started ...maybe i'll check back in to see how all are! hugs !!!!!!!!!
Laureen S.
on 4/7/08 6:08 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Margo, I hear what you are saying about home and Dillinger has moved from place to place with me since I got home, Tony, luckily likes dogs and he says Dillinger is nothing more than a big overgrown baby and spoiled to boot, and there is no arguing that (lol)! It's been an easy transition being home, but all the memories are playing in my head, it was wonderful bonding with you and the others I did this weekend, I really can't wait to come for a visit sometime in the not too distant future! I'm off to have dinner with a g/f and to a meeting,  Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Judy G.
on 4/6/08 11:23 pm - Galion, OH

MORNING OFF FAMILY!!! GLAD TOHAVE EVERYONE BACK HOME AGAIN AND SHARING YOUR STORIES....WISH I COULD HAVE GONE...SIGHS....

WELL I HAD A PITY PARTY ALL BY MYSELF LAST NIGHT...HAD A VODKA AND CRANBERRY JUICE...OMG I GOT SO PLASTERED!!!! CRIED SOME AND WENT TO BED...MY FRIEND PHYLLIS IS NOW TRAVELING ON THE ROAD WITH HER HUBBY FOR 2 MONTHS DRIVING A TRUCK...HOPE HIS OTHER JOB CALLS HIM BACK AGAIN SOON!!! I MISS HER ALREADY AND SHE JUST LEFT THIS MORNING!!!!

GOT A CALL FROM WORK THIS MORNING TO COME IN EARLY...SO I AM WORKING AN EXTRA 4 HOURS TODAY!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! MIGHT BE ABLE TO MAKE A BILL PAYMENT WITH THAT EXTRA MONEY!!!!

ITS A PRETTY DAY SO FAR HERE TODAY...CALLING FOR TSTORMS!!! YIPPEEEE I LOVE THOSE!!! PREFER THEM AT NIGHT SO I CAN SEE THE LIGHTENING BETTER....LOLSUPPOSED TO HIT 67 TODAY!!!! TRIED TO DO YARD CLEAN UP YESTERDAY...LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I DO NOT HAVE THE MUSCLES TO DO THAT KIND OF WORK!!!! ESPECIALLY WITH MY LEFT HAND NOT HAVING THE GRIP ANYMORE!!! SO ITS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME TIL RICK COMES BACK TO SEE ME...THEN HE CAN HELP ME FINI****!!!! HOPEFULLY THIS WEEKEND HE WILL SHOW UP HERE...(KEEPING FINGERS CROSSED!!!!) I SURE DO MISS BEING WITH HIM THATS FOR SURE!!!!

WELL I BETTER GET MY LUNCH MADE AND GET TO WORK....HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!!

LOVE AND HUGS

carlak
on 4/6/08 11:59 pm - Bradenton, FL
Good Morning All, I had a wonderful time in the Burgh!!!!! I cant wait to go there again and see somemore!!!!! I gained 7 pounds of water weight. I am so bloated from sitting on a plane!!!!! Flying does that to me but it will take a few days for it to come off. I truely enjoyed meeting my sistahs that I didnt meet before and reconnect with theones I did meet before. It is truely a blessing that god gave us sistahs even though we arent related . If you guys are planning a Michigan gettogether I want to help as I lived there for lets see 23 years of my life!!!!! Well I have the day off so no work for me today. So I am going to tackle my house some and get the RV ready to be picked up so Paul can fix it. Carla
image hosting site

Laureen S.
on 4/7/08 6:10 am - Maple Shade, NJ
 Big Hug 

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Debi R.
on 4/7/08 12:54 am - CA
Busy this morning but just wanted to stop in and say I love reading all of your post about your get away. I wish someday to be able to a part of one of those big weekends. Glad everyone made it home okay. I would of loved to see the look on Candy's face when Janet walked in. Priceless..... Debi
lora13
on 4/7/08 1:06 am - Pittsburgh, PA
You are wondering what's new....check out my PITTSBURGH thread that just took me almost 2 hours to post...then you will know!  Back to reality today, and all of the family woes...thanks for the prayers..keep them coming because things aren't good.   Miss my P.P. sisters already...we needed a few more days..next time, right? Have a super day..and HUGS all around. Lora 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views