OT Question

Darlene
on 4/6/08 4:02 am
As most of you know I am unemployed and money if very limited. I have been cutting back on a lot of items and costs. My question is: do any of you use Vonage? it appears that if I use that I can save about $75 monthly on my phone service. So my questions are: 1. Your thoughts, good or bad about the product 2. Quality of the phone service 3. Does your computer have to stay on in order to use it? 4. Any other comments you might have about it. Thanks in advance.
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

(deactivated member)
on 4/6/08 6:05 am - Columbus, GA
1. Your thoughts, good or bad about the product Seems to work just fine... only reason we don't use it anymore is that we got a better deal with one of those package things from our cable company. 2. Quality of the phone service Can't tell the difference between regular phone service and Vonage 3. Does your computer have to stay on in order to use it? Yes... it goes through your computer to the internet... 4. Any other comments you might have about it. If it saves money, go for it!
Cathy W.
on 4/6/08 9:38 pm
Hi Darlene, Great idea.  I have a couple of people that I know that have it.  Here's what I know. 1.  When seeing your post, I checked with them and they said they like it. 2.  85% of the time the phone service is fine.  Sometimes a connection can sound like you're in a tunnel or taking a shower.  Not enough to be a big deal. 3.  Yes, your computer has to stay on. 4.  Both of them said they would recommend it to you. Go for it!!!  Cathy

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Darlene
on 4/7/08 12:09 am
It appears that in order to record programs on the tv, I must have a phone line, It appears that my DSL carrier requires a phone line.....so I'm stuck with a phone line......  Nice seeing you here stranger....:)
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

Cathy W.
on 4/7/08 3:33 am
Too bad about the phone line.  As you know, lots, lots, lots going on.  Nice to be "home." Cathy

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views