new here and joke

Dave Chambers
on 4/5/08 3:17 am - Mira Loma, CA
Just noted this forum, and thought I'd pay a visit. I post on 3 or 4 other forums within OH on most days. I had RNY in May, 2006, at age 59 and have lost wt. from 345 to 202. Joke I hear on recent radio advertisent for a plumbing company: Years ago, "cow pies" were used for fuel for different industries.  They were commonly transported on seagoing vessels, in the cargo hold. Seawater would seep down there, and methane gas would be created. Well, when sailors would inspect the cargo at night with a candle or oil lamp, the methane would ignite and blow the ship up. The shippers finally figured out what was happening, so they changed how the cow pies were shipped. There were stored in containers on deck, with the labelling "Store Holdings in Topside".  Later on the full label was reduced to the first letter of all 4 words. Now we know the origination of that word.

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/08 4:37 am - Columbus, GA
Welcome Dave.... Maybe I can learn how to continue losing weight... seems like I have just stopped and got stuck here... not where I want to be! Mira Loma eh?... cool... I have lived in Corona, Chino, and Moreno Valley in my efforts to run away from my Orange County roots... ended up leaving all together and am now in Georgia Liked the cow pie story... never heard that one before! I don't believe it though.. but cute story! ... being from a nautical background I question it because sailors wouldn't say "in topside" ... just "store holdings topside" ... but reading this I did think of one... if the holdings were stored topside, but outboard they would get wet from the sea spray and expand and blow out the containers... so they would need to be stored topside but inboard... so... "Store Holdings Inboard Topside" Wow... I have waaayyyy too much time on my hands today...
Dave Chambers
on 4/5/08 6:06 am - Mira Loma, CA
The "Inboard" maybe correct. I heard it the other day and tried to remember it as well as I could.

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Brenda R.
on 4/5/08 6:26 am - Portage, IN
Hi Dave. I am glad to see you here on this board. It is a great one and everyone is like one big happy family. We share and rant and vent and cry and laugh, sometimes at the same time. I hope that you post often so we can get to know you and you get to know us. Welcome aboard and hope you join us often.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter 
                        that tells what kind of life you have lived.

oh_c_card-2.gif picture by kittikat22

KathiKins
on 4/5/08 7:51 am - CA
Welcome to OFF, Dave! It's good to see you join us here.  I think between you and Marc we're gonna have alot of good stories and chatter.... Great story about the cow pies!  Used to know people who played "Bossie Bingo" and it involved leaving the cow pies on the right numbers!  Well, sort of a related story anyway... Look forward to hearing more from you here! Kathi
Darlene
on 4/5/08 2:02 pm
Hi Dave, welcome to Over 50.....nice to see you here also.
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

Cajun Angel
on 4/5/08 3:46 pm - New Orleans, LA
Hi Dave, welcome to OFF.  Glad to add another brother to the group.   Debbie
Joan M.
on 4/5/08 8:08 pm - Lexington County, SC
Hey Dave we are close in surgery dates..mine was April 25, 2006. Welcome to the best board on OH (my opinion) and glad you checked us out.  We are friendly and knowledgable group as far as WLS goes and some other subjects as well.

It is His love and grace that saved and sustains me.
In Christ's love,
Joan M
Before/current/Surgeon's Goal/normal BMI 290/130/150/132     I am 5'

Judy G.
on 4/5/08 11:00 pm - Galion, OH

WELCOME DAVE!!!!! AND CONGRATS ON YOUR WLS AND WEIGHT LOSS!!!!! HOPE TO SEE YOU POSTING HERE MORE OFTEN!! THIS IS THE BEST BOARD OH HAS AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED!!! THE PEOPLE HERE ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOO SUPPORTIVE IN ANYTHING THAT YOU DO!!!!

ALSO NEED TO HEAR MORE JOKES HERE...LOL AS YOU CAN SEE I DO POST ONCE IN AWHILE MANY JOKES TO KEEP MY OFF FAMILY IN STITCHES....LOL

AGAIN WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY!!!

HUGS

Connie D.
on 4/6/08 12:32 am
Good Morning Dave and welcome to the best OH board ever!!! We are a very fun, friendly, and supportive group. We help each other everyday in so many ways.  Glad you decided to come and join us. I hope you like it here as much as I do. Stop by often!! You have done a great job on losing and maintaining you weight loss......congratulations!!! Hugs, connie d
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views