it's Friday! What's New???

annette R.
on 4/3/08 7:25 pm - ithaca, NY
Hey there  -  I finally fell asleep after taking 2 Ativan. I'm putting the finishing touches in my bags and getting Tom off to work before I leave.  Becky spilled my water all over the kitchen floor. Great way to start the day. The car is gassed,the maps are in my purse, at some point I'll have breakfast. I wanted a new outfit for Saturday night. Trying on clothes and looking at the styles was the usual shopping nightmare. The sales person was very attentive and helpful. She looked me over and said I needed to look for a size 2 or 4 petite. So early in the season and they were scarce. I must have tried on two dozen outfits and hated every one. The dresses were either dowdy, too loud, too young, or too Summery. Every pair of pants were too long or too low. Looks like the skirts are bold and flowery this year. Not my style. Frustrated, I gave up. Before leaving the store I filled out a comment card to give the woman high praises for her assistance. She was wonderful. Tom was disappointed. He said to shop in Pittsburgh and find some new clothes. I'm not so certain I am willing to go through that struggle again. I'm going to be naked soon. Heading to the shower right after my coffee.  See you soon. Be ready for some hugs.  For those of you unable to join, I've got you packed in my purse. Kisses Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Margo M.
on 4/3/08 7:42 pm - Elyria, OH
i'm wearing my black jeans and my shirt and jacket from this picture- it's about as good as it gets right now--i am not wearing a dress to go to chinese and possibly walking etc... too early in the season!too chilly on the legs!!!! no men to impress! hugs!  ok- fill up my water and coffee mugs and i am out the door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
annette R.
on 4/3/08 8:20 pm - ithaca, NY
see you soon - drive carefully

Aime B.
on 4/3/08 7:55 pm - Baltimore, MD
We can hunt for something new together!

Aime
The love of my OH Family has me humbled!!!!

annette R.
on 4/3/08 8:22 pm - ithaca, NY
Thanks Aime - You are a brave woman. I am a horrible shopper. Too fussy. We will have fun.

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/08 9:10 pm - Somewhere IN, TX
Annette,  Take your checkbook..... when the Sistahs were in Dallas, we went to a cute little boutique and I bought a top that cost more than two of my outfits....:)  They thought I looked 'cute' in it... well, I do... and it's adorable..and I don't mind wearing it.... I'm reminded of my fun day shopping. They got me out of the box with that one and I feel a little feisty when I put it on... and get a ton of compliments... see...you gotta get out of the box...your girlfriends will tell you if it looks good on you. Enjoy a shopping excursion....drive safely...and thanks for putting me in your purse!!! Janet
ceeidee
on 4/3/08 10:07 pm
Hi Annette, I found that I can't find anything new in the stores that I like so I have been going to the thrift stores. Have found lots of stuff my kinda clothes plus they are cheap! Yes, make sure you all have lot's of pockets cuz I am feeling very sad that I don't get to come and meet up with you all. Maybe next time it it's a bit closer! Have fun!!!!! I bet all the ladies will help you find some cute stuff to wear. Drive safe! Cheryl

We never touch people so lightly we do not leave a trace.
                                                                                                 Peggy Tabor Millin

Aime B.
on 4/3/08 7:54 pm - Baltimore, MD

Morning! I threw some clothes into my suitcase last night when I got home. My plans to prepare carefully were shot when I was called by N. The baby had been crying non-stop and they were frustrated. I went over and gave LP some grandma time. He was fine. He just needed my arms. My son and N kept begging me to take him for the night. I was a good Aime and said No! I have to work in the morning and drive to Pittsburgh. I also told them NOT to call me at 3 am again. Guess what! They didn't. I slept all night.  I have to attend a meeting for work this morning and then I am off for Pittsburgh.  See ya'll there.... Any one bring an extra..... I know I forgot something.

Aime
The love of my OH Family has me humbled!!!!

MELISSA S.
on 4/3/08 8:48 pm - CYGNET, OH
Good Morning to all!!  I am packed and ready will be leaving soon to pick up Ms. Debbie for the ride.   I didn't get much sleep at all.    For those that are going I'll see you in Pittsburgh and for those that are not have a Great Weekend!!  

Debbie G.
on 4/3/08 9:07 pm - Derby Line, VT
I took 2 pain pills last night and passed out. Feeling much better today, took a pain pill with breakfast and am getting groggy now. Bags are packed with as much as I am taking (NOT MUCH!).  and just need to organize what yarn I'm taking again-not much!  this is chat and laugh time!  Looking forward to Melissa picking me up for a good chat all the way to Pittsburgh and then hugs all around!  George, congrats! you will feel better after the GB is out!  Everyone driving BE SAFE. Everyone flying-be careful!  everyone take care! 

Debbie G
Lap RNY 12/12/05
320 highest, 302 consultation, 289 surgery. Total weight loss:165lbs.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views