OT: "Grands" update!

karen C.
on 4/3/08 11:55 pm - Kennewick, WA

Clara came home on Monday but doctors decided Hannah was still having eating/breathing issues. So. . .  Hannah stayed in the hospital until last night. I must have slept the sleep of the dead which is unusual for me. It's almost 7am and all is quiet.

Erin and Josh are determined to get and keep the babies on the same feeding schedule. I hear one starting to squeek and squirm so it won't be long til we all jump into action. I let  them feed Hannah as they know what to look for.  She doesn't really forget to breath. Her airway is so tiny that it gets clogged easily if she takes in too much milk. I don't really understand just know that Erin and Josh know how to handle it. It takes much longer to feed Hannah. A smaller hole in the nipple etc.

Clara is eating well. She is the one that I get to feed.

Mike and puppies are fine. He had to go out and buy a plastic swimming pool. Daisy (the largest of the pups) gets out and does as she pleases. She's barking, swatting at Mike and Maggie with her paws, wrestling. He caught her out of the box ( thought she couldn't climb out yet) and eating Maggie's food. Actually gumming it she doesn't have teeth yet, but that doesn't seem to slow her down.

I feel like I need to be both places at one time! Babies are calling. Must go. I'll try to update in a day or so. Karen C

Karen C

KathiKins
on 4/4/08 12:04 am - CA

Thanks for updating! Sounds exciting to have both babies home now.  Good for that wonderful family.  They grow quickly and things will change alot in just a short time.

Nice to know the puppies are doing so well, too.  Remember to take care of you, too!

Kathi

J Brown
on 4/4/08 12:06 am - Omaha, NE
I have this big stupid grin on my face reading about all your babies. I am so glad the girls are doing so well. It's going to be a hectic 6 months or so. take lots of pictures because Erin and Josh will forget this time in years to come. The puppy sounds adorable, gumming food already how cute is that. Did you see your ticker is yelling at you? I have never seen that before.. It is good to see you Karen, thanks sooo for the up date, we love to hear them.Blessings
JeanB
Connie D.
on 4/4/08 12:19 am
Karen....I am so glad the babies are doing well. I can just see you holding and loving them with a big smile on your face!! Hugs, connie d
Cajun Angel
on 4/4/08 12:43 am - New Orleans, LA
Karen, glad you took a minute to share the good news.  Hectic isn't the word for the world you're living in.  Soud like you've got some strong willed girls there, both two-legged and four-legged variety.  I'm so happy the twins are doing well.  Didn't realize puppies that age could bark yet. Deb
Brenda R.
on 4/4/08 1:49 am - Portage, IN
Karen, you must be in heaven having a housefull of babies. Both kinds of them~two legged and four legged. It must be fun and exciting.  I am so glad that the girls are doing so well. I know that they are well loved and with that they are going to grow so fast.  I would love to see the four legged babies too. I love dogs and puppies are irresistable.  I send love and hugs to you and make sure you have Karen time too.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter 
                        that tells what kind of life you have lived.

oh_c_card-2.gif picture by kittikat22

Karen S.
on 4/4/08 3:07 am - Wailuku, HI
Aloha KK.....Enjoy those babies....they will be tiny for such a short time. I know it seems like they take up every minute of every day, and it can get exhausting, but as we all know.......those early months fade in our memories all too soon, and those little munchkins will be running around getting into mischief all too soon.

Give some snugs and munches for me!!

Aloha nui loa,

Maui Karen

fhgt48
on 4/4/08 12:25 pm - Caldwell, ID
How fun. Enjoy those babies. I remember when our little doggie started to bark. It was so cute because she was so tiny. Now we want to shut her up. My sister couldn't keep Sporty in a box either and he is a climber to this day.  they all grow up too fast the babies and the puppies. Diana

S Andrews
on 4/4/08 3:25 pm - eatonville, WA
Hello dear friend! So glad to hear the babies are doing well. Sounds like those puppies are doing well too . Your in my thoughts. Enjoy all the cuddling and feeding times- those times are precious. My grandson is coming tomorrow for the day so am excited to hold him. My daughter teaches a preschool class up at the college in Belleview and takes her son to work with her so I sneak up now and then  and go into his little class just to hold him. I need a baby fix at least once a week!!!  Call me when you get a free minute so we can meet up for lunch! Sharon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views