What we are eating,and what's eating us!!!! Thursday!!

Linda S.
on 4/2/08 9:38 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
OK...I'm up. Allergies were created by satan. I hope everyone is happy.  B- Yogurt and Kashi L- Chicken Sandwich D- Swedish Meatballs and Salad S- SB bar S-Orange -------------------------- (insert words of wisdom here). Sneezy  Messy Sneeze Scratching  Bloodshot

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

MLONG
on 4/2/08 9:46 pm - Wales , MA
I AM NOT TALKING   I AM BAD TODAY  BUT WE ALL GET THOSE DAYS    ZIPPING IT UP  LOVE YA ALL  BOO
Linda S.
on 4/3/08 2:38 am - PHOENIX, AZ
LOL.....enjoy your "bad" day!!

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

Brenda R.
on 4/2/08 10:01 pm - Portage, IN
Morning Linda. I totally agree about the allegies invented my satan. They are terrible and I am waiting for mine to start. During the winter I get them in the form of sinus infections and all the rest of the times it is ichy eyes, sneezing and just plain misery. I take a script for it and also a nasal spray each night before bed. They seem to help some. Hope that you start to feel better soon. I am down another 1.8 pounds since Monday morning so the added protein is helping. I am glad that things are moving a bit speedier now. it gets depressing when the scale slows down. B: 1 toast with peanut butter L: yogurt with kashi D: not sure probably chicken or something with veggies S: protein bar I better get going. I have my 6 month visit with the WL nurse. I am going to ask to see the pictures this morning since I can't see the difference in me. Bill took some pictures of me this past week end and I looked and said that was me?! I don't look like that to me when I see me in the mirror. Do we ever see the real us in the mirror or do we always see the fat girl? The only difference I see in the mirror is that my face is normal looking and not round and fat anymore. Just wondering how others see themselves.  I send you my love and hugs my sweetie. Have a good day and know that you are loved.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter 
                        that tells what kind of life you have lived.

oh_c_card-2.gif picture by kittikat22

annette R.
on 4/3/08 12:20 am - ithaca, NY
Brenda, The self image thingy is weird after WLS. I have lost over 200 pounds and can't figure it out. When standing in front of my mirror, my eyes can't tell if I am fat, thin or someplace in between. Tom got so frustrated that he took naked photos of me. That person doesn't look much like ME. Who is she?  I still see a round body in the mirror with non-existant boobs. Very perplexing. Occasionally my fingers look slim, not always. You are not alone with this self perception. Eventually our brains will accept the new person.   Kisses Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Linda S.
on 4/3/08 3:02 am - PHOENIX, AZ
You have such a glorious spirit! HUG!! Yes, it is hard to see ourselves as we are, and must take pictures. To be honest, there was a point when I did not like my face with the weight loss, I felt ugly!! This will change, our bodies will catch up with our brains. I am so happy to hear of your weight loss. Protein rocks!! We have 3 springs here! Lots of allergies to go around. YOU are loved too! Hugs!

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

Bev_M
on 4/2/08 11:40 pm - Shelton, CT
Lap Band on 05/21/07 with
Hi Linda, I suffered terrible with allergies until I went to an E, N & T doctor and was treated.  It took three years of shots but the transformation is a miracle.  Before I couldn't be around dust, ragweed, cats and some other unknown pollen alergens.   I never knew when it would hit - maybe at a friends, or walking through a department store, or in a plane or just being with someone who had handled their cat before I saw them.  It could be candles, perfumes, dust, plants.  Now nothing gets to me.  I realize now that along with my being obese what a big drain on me allergies were.  If you can, please seek treatment.  A bronchial asthma attack is what sent me there.  I couldn't breathe.  Don't wait until that happens - it is really scary. B - Pure Protein Bar S - Cranberry, Raisin, Nut Trail Mix L - Smart Ones Creamy Parmesan Chicken S - Yogurt with blueberries D - beef stew minus the potato Say a prayer for my Mom please (80 this year).  They found two lesions on her throat next to her lymph glands.  As well as a thyroid problem.  She is being tested some more. Sorry to be so long. Thanks, Bev

Linda S.
on 4/3/08 3:04 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Bev, I will pray for your mom, you are NOT too long. May God protect her. What did the doc do for your allergies??? I am sending you a special warm hug...

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

Bev_M
on 4/3/08 3:24 am - Shelton, CT
Lap Band on 05/21/07 with
Believe it or not it takes more commitment than WLS.  After testing you for what your major allergens are, they inject you with diluted amounts of what you are allergic to.  The first year you go every week for the shots, the second year every two weeks, the third year every three weeks.  According to how you handle it and according to a treatment schedule they increase the amount you are allergic too.  I guess this makes your immune system develop it's own antibodies for the allergens.  If you miss more than a month of shots they have to step you back again.  I hear it doesn't work as well for everyone but it did for me.  My insurance covered 90 of the shots and that got me through the three years (missing a few appts along the way). Thanks for the prayers and the hug.  Hugs right back at you. Bev

Linda S.
on 4/3/08 4:44 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Oh girl!! I did that already...LOL. You and your mom are in my thoughts... Take care babe!

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views