What's New Thursday April 3, 2008

Debbie G.
on 4/2/08 2:20 pm - Derby Line, VT

So, Ok I hardly ever post on what's new any more and NEVER get to start it, but since I just got home 45 minutes ago from hospital and am AWAKE and its after midnight.......What's new?  You all know my new stuff.  NOW I can really start to look forward to Pittsburgh get together.  Iwasn't letting myself get real excited about it because of this surgery, and not knowing that I would for sure be able to go.  Now I know and am getting cranked!  I'm thinking I will be doing a lot of resting with all the other nurses there to wait on my hand and foot, attend to my every whim.....YEAH right.  Actually I am a model patient.  when I need something I walk out to the desk to get it.  I do everything I can for myself.  I don't want to be the PIA OLD NURSE FROM HE--!  LOL I think the thrift/resale expedition sounds great, can always get new clothes!  LOL Anyway, you all speak up now hear? 

Debbie G
Lap RNY 12/12/05
320 highest, 302 consultation, 289 surgery. Total weight loss:165lbs.

Brenda R.
on 4/2/08 2:34 pm - Portage, IN
Good morning to you, Debbie. I can't beleive that I am the 2nd one to post. I guess it is a bit early for me since it is only 25 after 11 so it isn't Thursday here yet. I am counting it anyway.  I have to go see the WLS nurse at 9 in the morning. I am taking the pills the urologist ordered for me tonight. She more than likely won't have an answer for me but I am taking them to the urologists office after I leave Karen's office. He is just down the road from her. There has to be another way of doing this. It is like Bill said earlier, I can't be the only person who can't take horse pills. I voiced to him that I wished I hadn't had the surgery and why and that is why he told me that. I really am glad that I had it but at the time I was into the self pity and that was the answer.  I am going to take my insulin pump to the endocrinologist in the morning too. He is going to donate it to someone who can't afford one and that the insurance won't cover. That is what I wanted him to do. He is thinking that he might give it to a child who needs it. I told him that who ever it is that gets it I want them to know that it will change their life like it changed mine for the several months that I wore it.  I am not sure what I am doing tomorrow after Bill leaves for work. I think I am going to stay around here and do some things here. My junk never leaves and there is always more to find a home for. lol I wish there was a junk fairy and she would come to my house and find spots for all of my stuff. If anyone sees a junk fairy will you please send her to me? Thanks. I really appreciate it.  I better get going. I have to go to bed so I can get up in the morning. I feel tired but I don't know if I am going to be able to sleep. I hope so. When I have to get up early in the morning sometimes I can't fall asleep because I am afraid that I am going to turn off the alarm instead of hitting the snooze button and then not wake up. We can be nuts at times can't we? I hope that you all have a blessed and happy day and stay safe when you are going out. I will check in later on in the morning to find out what is happening with everyone. Wish me luck at my 6 month check up.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter 
                        that tells what kind of life you have lived.

oh_c_card-2.gif picture by kittikat22

Laureen S.
on 4/2/08 2:35 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Hi Debi,

Yup, Pittsburgh is just about 36 hours from now, give or take a few depending on when we all arrive!  Glad to hear you will be able to make it there, so looking forward to meeting you too!  I'm physched for sure and I should be in bed as those little people, Sami, 10 and Dylan, 6-1/2 sure can wear me out (shhh, don't tell anyone tho). . .  Today we had an expedition to the Ponce DeLeon Springs (Fountain of Youth?), I did not get wet, as I'm a city girl and don't like anything but sand between my toes, well a little mud if I'm camping or at a concert, but definitely not squishy as in mucky stuff, so I watched while they played with their other grandma (lol), but it was a fine day and then we went to dinner, a long day and everyone is asleep except for me. . .

Today, well my younger daughter will be coming over to spend the day with me and the grands, not sure exactly what and where we'll be spending our last full day together, but I'm sure the sun will have to be a part of it, as I want one last day getting sunkissed so I can make everyone jealous when I return home on Sunday!

I guess that's it for now, so you all have a great day once your's get's started, I'm going to sleep now! Prayers and positive thoughts are going out for all in need and even those who don't think they need it! Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

(deactivated member)
on 4/2/08 5:56 pm - Somewhere IN, TX
2:45 a.m. Dallas time!!  I'm up.... can't sleep.  I'm over-tired, under-paid, under-loved. Guess I caught your excitement for Pittsburgh and can't sleep...:)  I think it's just that I had to tinkle but I thought it was a good story. Debbie, glad surgery went well and you are getting to go.  I think Candy said you and Melissa were rooming with her?  That darned Candy...watch her...and if you need anything in the middle of the night...yelling won't even help...:) I worked late 'again' last night.  This training folks ain't fun when it's 4 hours a day and you can't get caught up.  I'm leaving work after lunch today...going away lunch for co-worker (left for more money.. silly me).. and then at 4:30 a retirement party for a good friend.... (an hour away)... and then at 7 is a committee meeting for my 45th reunion... I sit for WEEKS with nothing to do...tomorrow will be just as hectic and involves the grandkids... so....I'm going to head for work early, leave a little early as I am keeping the kids for mom and dad to have a little 'them' time and I never get to do that. ... so Saturday will now be work from home so I can play catch up. I won't lose any time since I'm salaried I can be there 3 hours and get paid.  I put in my time anyway.  I'm rambling, aren't I? So, for those that are going to the Pittsburgh Palooza, I probably won't get another chance today to wish you a safe journey and a fabulous time.... enjoy every minute, cherish every friendship, and laugh your a$$e$ off.   Janet
Brenda R.
on 4/2/08 10:21 pm - Portage, IN
I hope that you don't feel under loved now that you are here. Know that we love you with all of our hearts. Don't forget that!!!!  I Love You More Love You This Much 

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter 
                        that tells what kind of life you have lived.

oh_c_card-2.gif picture by kittikat22

Cajun Angel
on 4/3/08 12:40 am - New Orleans, LA
U R loved (                                   this much                                                                      ) arms spread as far as posible!  
(deactivated member)
on 4/3/08 4:55 am - Somewhere IN, TX
Awwwwww, Debbie...thanks...it ain't easy typin' without a thumb, is it? Take the drugs...ALWAYS take the drugs. Janet
Linda S.
on 4/3/08 6:38 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Awwwwww, Debbie...thanks...it ain't easy typin' without a thumb, is it? Take the drugs...ALWAYS take the drugs. Janet  LOL that's motto!!!!

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

Margo M.
on 4/2/08 6:30 pm - Elyria, OH
morning! i went to bed early to get away--and i am going back in a few- we had another doozy of a fight and i just really am thinking that i will be renting a truck soon...not going into details here-just plain ol sad situation..... nothing much else new to talk about right now but wanted to check in! glad to see both of our debbies checking in!!!!
George T.
on 4/2/08 7:07 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
Bored and at work.  Came in late because I spent 5 hours in the ER.  Gallstones.  Will have to have the gallbladder removed.  It will have to wait until after Tuesday.  Gotta go to the Rangers' Opening Day.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views