the urologist just called me....

Brenda R.
on 4/2/08 11:49 am, edited 4/2/08 12:30 pm - Portage, IN
Dr. Unni just called with the results of my 24 hour urine test and I am not happy. He told me that the test shows that I have a lot of calcium in the urine and a high PH in it too. I am going to have to go on a water pill once a day and another pill 3 times a day for this problem. I told him that with the rny I can dehydrate easily and he told me then I was going to have to just drink more. I just said "Oh God." I have enough problems getting the 64 ounces down and there is a lot of times that I can't get it down. I am not going to be able to get all the fluid down and food too. Does anyone have any help for me on this problem? I am going to have to get some blood work and Dr. Unni is going to talk to Dr. Stanish about this too. I start the medicine tomorrow morning and then I have to talk to Dr. Stanish when I go in to see him in a couple of weeks. I see Karen the nurse tomorrow morning for my 6 month check and I am going to talk to her about this whole thing. If anyone has any ideas for me on getting the fluid and food down (making room for all of it is going to be hard) I would appreciate it greatly. I would appreciate prayers also. Thanks so much for helping me and for just listening to me go on and on. Bill just came back with the pills and one is the size of a horse pill. Naturally the one I take 3 times a day. I can't crush, chew or break them so I called the pharmacist. He told me that I am going to have to call the doctor and tell him about it and see if there is something else he can give me. How much more can one person take on this crap?

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter 
                        that tells what kind of life you have lived.

oh_c_card-2.gif picture by kittikat22

Connie D.
on 4/2/08 1:45 pm
Brenda.....I will send some prayers up for you right now. I hope you can get this cleared up quickly. Definately speak with your doctor as soon as you can. Hugs, connie d
Brenda R.
on 4/2/08 2:22 pm - Portage, IN
Thanks Connie. I have to go to the nurse for my 6 month check up and the urologists office is right near there so I am going to stop in there and see if there is another pill they can give me for this. Even if it is a smaller dose and I have to take a million of them a day that is alright with me. I told Bill tonight in my bit of self pity that I wished I had never had the surgery now. He told me that I would still have the kidney problem and I told him that at least I would be able to take the pills. He told me there is something that they can do because other people can't take pills either. He is a wise man at times. I guess I will keep him since I have 20 years invested and he is already trained!!! lol

Judy G.
on 4/2/08 10:02 pm - Galion, OH

BRENDA MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU ON THIS.....NOW FOR THE WATER/LIQUID IN TAKE....32 OZ WATER PLAIN I WAS TOLD AND THEN THE REST CAN BE CRYSTAL LIGHT OR WHAT EVER OTHER LIQUID YOU WANT...SF POPSICLES ALSO COUNT AS LIQUID....HTH YOU TO GET MORE LIQUIDS IN.....HANG IN THE SWEETIE BETTER DAYS ARE COMING!!!

HUGA AND PRAYERS

Brenda R.
on 4/2/08 10:16 pm - Portage, IN

Thanks so much for the information, Judy. I am feeling much better about the whole thing this morning. Of course I couldn't get any lower than I was last night since I feel like I was at the bottom of the barrel. Thank God for the new morning and the better outlook. I am working on the fluids and hoping that I can have room to eat too. lol Last night when we were in bed watching t.v. I told Bill I felt hungry so I was getting some water. He laughed and told to fill up on that. At least we got a laugh out of the whole thing. You have to make sure that nothing is so bad that you can't laugh.

Cajun Angel
on 4/3/08 5:21 am - New Orleans, LA

Catching up on posts, so glad you're feeling better about this situation today.  Amazing what the support of OFF family and sleeping on a problem can do.

Brenda R.
on 4/3/08 11:53 am - Portage, IN
I am feeling so much better about the whole thing. It is amazing what a nights sleep and a brighter outlook on things can do for a person. It really helped talking it out with all of my wonderful family too. You guys are wonderful.

KathiKins
on 4/3/08 12:21 am - CA
Hi Brenda, Oh I hope this works out quickly for you and that you can find a medicine that is easier to take than horse pills.  I haven't even had surgery yet and I have trouble with large pills. Here's hoping you feel better soon! Kathi
Brenda R.
on 4/3/08 2:51 am - Portage, IN
I think I got it straightened out this morning. I can face anything but this really threw me for a loop for some reason. I knew that he would be putting me on something for the kidney stones but I really got upset about this and felt my life was turned upside down. I feel so much better and more calm about it now. I am suppose to be getting the medicine in liquid form. Thanks so much for your kind words. they are such a help in calming down the turmoil you feel inside. Love and hugs to you.

Karen S.
on 4/3/08 3:45 am - Wailuku, HI
Aloha Darlin....I just read everything everyone said and what a great example of how OFF comes to the rescue when we're having a crisis! You had a place to express your frustration and you got TLC, and then the next day you are feeling better and the crisis has passed.

We're pretty great bunch.......!!

Aloha nui loa,

Maui Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!