QUESTION ABOUT WEIGHT LOSS

Debi R.
on 3/31/08 12:56 am - CA

Good Morning Everyone, I have a questions about my weight loss. I am about 15 pounds away from my surgeons goal for me and the weight is coming off so, so slow. In the last three weeks I  have lost 2 pounds. Is this normal for someone to slow way down as you get closer to your goal? Debi

Pat R.
on 3/31/08 1:30 am - Sturgis, MI
Personally, at seven months out from WLS, my wt loss has slowed down drastically. This past week I upped my protein intake to a little more than 100 gm. and it worked, as I lost 3 lbs in a week. I had gained a couple lbs. but am now at my lowest wt. I also increased my exercise and made sure I got in my 64 oz. of water.

Hope this helps.....I am about 62 lbs. from my personal goal....so have a ways to go.

Good luck,
Pat

(on MySpace, MSN, Web pages, Blogs...)
Done! Your Ticker: 
Debi R.
on 3/31/08 4:50 am - CA
Hi Pat, Thank you so much. Yes, I think maybe I need to increase my protein. I eat protein at every meal but my surgeon does not want us to use protein skakes and only eat three meals a day. So you can see it is very hard to get 80-100 grams of protein  down in one day. I think I need to start having a protein shake in the afternoons. I get all my water in and then some. I go to the gym everyday and also take 3 yoga classes a week. I think its the protein...... Thanks Pat Debi
annette R.
on 3/31/08 4:54 am - ithaca, NY
Debi, That is so different for each person. My weight never came off at a consistant pace. I would either lose pounds or inches, never both at the same rate in the same month. I got stuck at just over 200 pounds and struggled every day for a long time. Eventually I made it to my dieticians goal weight and had trouble maintaining. I am 20 pounds under that weight.  Makes no sense at all. Try upping your protein, water and exercise, that may help. Very frustrating to be close and slow down. If you are feeling good, sticking to the plan, try not to focus on a particular number. Kisses Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Debi R.
on 4/1/08 12:21 am - CA
Annette, I have been losing pretty much at a steady pace since surgery. I have not changed anything, it fact I have increased my exercise program. I really believe it's the protein or my body has decided to take a break from weight lose. I am okay with it but it just feels strange not to be losing like I was. I really and truly love the way I look and feel. I will try to up my protein and see how that works. Also I went back and looked at my journal and I have also added more carbs to my meals so will cut back on them also.  Thanks Annette, Debi
Darlene
on 3/31/08 8:49 am
Hi Debbie Just passing by to say hello, went thru your town yesterday.......:)
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

Debi R.
on 4/1/08 12:24 am - CA
How was your train ride?  I cannot wait to see you in August. I looked the other day and they have not posted where it was going to be in the S.F. area. Do you know? I plan on going on Friday and staying till Sunday.  I have a question for you. Do you think I should do the 5 day pouch test or increase my protein? Debi
Darlene
on 4/1/08 6:24 am
You don't need the 5 day pouch test, You can increase your protein at any time.......Your still fairly new post op...
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

seasheleyes
on 3/31/08 1:36 pm - Manteca, CA
Hi Sweetie Pie! I just wanted to congratulate you on being so close to GOAL!!!! Hallelujah Debi! As far as slowing down goes, my daughter is slowing down as she gets closer. I have expected that to happen so I made my initial goals much higher.  Julia
Debi R.
on 4/1/08 12:28 am - CA
Hey Julia, How is your daughter doing? I have heard from some of the post op in my group that it comes off slower when you get this close to goal. I just did not think it would be this slow. My surgeon never gave me a goal weight but did say we had to be in our BMI range. Hope you are doing okay. I am off to the gym before work. Debi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views