What's New- Monday

Cagledude
on 3/31/08 5:48 am - Lawrence, IN
Susan, Thanks so much.  Hopefully I'll be able to drop in more often soon.  I'm still doing my old job as well as my new one and we've selected a replacement.  Unless she turns it down, I should have some relief soon.   We've already gotten the results of our labs, and mine weren't perfect, but I'm still kicking.  I haven't been very good at taking my vitamins and calcium.  Bad Boy, I know. Since I haven't been able to spend every day with my OFF family, I haven't been doing as well on my eating either.  The scale keeps going up and up.  I finally decided I needed to take action so I finally got on the treadmill last night for an hour....boy do my legs hurt today.  I'm gonna do it again tonight but not as long. Thanks for the note. Hugs, Floyd

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

annette R.
on 3/31/08 7:41 am - ithaca, NY
Floyd, Do we need to send you a daily reminder to take your supplements? Can't have our Brother falling apart on us.  Easy does it tonight. Kisses Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

rbygrl
on 3/30/08 9:07 pm - mays landing, NJ
Let's see. 7am and off to get baby carseats since my daughter's lovely au pair just decided taking care of her children was just too strenuous for her 19 year old body. So, in to pick up the slack is Mommom. Then from Walmart to shopping, then to gym to swim from 9-9:30. Then to aquasize class. After it's time for my best friend Ruby (great dane). Walk in state park for her and I. Hopefully I will have some time to rest before I start collecting the 4 grandbabies. Should return home by 7pm and be completely pooped out. Thankfully, this is not a normal day, but it will be 3 times a week thanks to the unhealthy, weak au pair. Be careful out there, they are not used to being away from home and in a foreign country and you pay quite a bit of money to bring them over and sometimes things like this happen. Hope everyone enjoys their day. It's Spring (or so they say).. Dotti

susandoeshair
on 3/30/08 9:44 pm - Alexander, AR
Hi Dotti, What a disappointment to bring this young thing here to help only to find she's no help at all!  Is there anything that can be done?  Sounds to me like all she wanted to do was get to this country.  I'm sure you don't mind getting extra Mommom time with the babies, but I'm sure that wasn't in anyone's plan. Sounds like a lovely day with babies and your best friend.  I bet you'll sleep well tonight. Have a great day

Susan

rbygrl
on 3/30/08 10:00 pm - mays landing, NJ
I think you're right about wanting to experience this country. Unfortunately, she was from a rich family in a very poor country, therefore a "PRINCESS". The best news is I just got a call from my daughter at work and she said my 6 year old grand daughter's eardrum has just broken. Dad still at home and has to go to work at 9. So now all my plans have changed and I have to take her to the dr. and stay with her all day. All this is OK except I am only 3 weeks out of surgery and am not supposed to be lifting my 25# 11 month old grandson. This is my real issue. I am now off to pack a full days meals into containers to go. Hope your day goes better than mine at this point. Everyday is a challenge isn't it?

Marti O.
on 3/31/08 1:05 pm

Take it easy this week....as easy as you can....it will be lots easier in a couple of months but lifting babies right now...is HARD WORK......Just be thankful the Princess is no longer taking care of your precious ones...she was probably not that good anyway.....a little 11 month old grandson can't tell people if he is being ignored....We are here for you...keep in touch.

Hugs, Marti

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle"

KathiKins
on 3/30/08 9:30 pm - CA
Good Morning, Aime, and Everyone! Nice to see you this morning Aime.  Kind of good to get back to a schedule I think.  It's back to work for me this morning. I didn't even so much as get dressed yesterday.  Once in a while, there are enough old movies on TV - one right after the other -- that I just laze the day away.  Yesterday was that day.  Usually hubby likes to be active on the weekends because he's idle during the week when I am working.  It's been quite a while for me to have a "Do Nothing Sunday" and it was great!  Even my son called to see why they hadn't heard from us.  LOL Anyway, back in the office today for another week of fun and frolic.  Hope you get caught up with your work easily, Aime! Kathi
susandoeshair
on 3/30/08 9:34 pm - Alexander, AR
Good morning, my wonderful OFF friends Yesterday started out gray and cold, then more rain moved into our state. Seems like parts of the Natural State can't get a break and are suffering horrible flooding.  Please add those to your prayer lists as more wet stuff is predicted all this week. We went birthday shopping before the weather got too bad. Found some really cute tops, most on sale too, but the pants still are a problem. Annette was right, size 2 is nearly impossible to find unless you want to pay $75-100 for them.  It would be just my luck to get a pair of them and then spill bleach on them at work. So....the search continues. I'll probably get some 4's that almost fit and then take them to a tailor. When it really started to get nasty we came home and puttered around the house, then it cleared enough for me to grocery shop. Wal-mart was packed with everyone doing the same thing, so that was no fun, but then, when is grocery shopping fun??? Just a few errands to tend to today, then back home to get ready for my work week. Hope everyone is doing well. Hugs and

Susan

annette R.
on 3/31/08 7:49 am - ithaca, NY
Susan, I was in Target today with my client and saw several size 2 jeans. (too small for me, I think) The zippers were about an inch long - oh my goodness, that's not for our age group at all. One bend over and everything would peek out. The smaller sizes are dowdy, expensive or much too young. Can't win. Good luck on your surgery - the 4th as I recall? Kisses Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Marti O.
on 3/31/08 1:07 pm, edited 3/31/08 1:08 pm
Susan, try Junior sizes in the Junior Dept. ....you could probably find some pants there...Love, Marti

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle"

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views