Clarification please. OFF????

rbygrl
on 3/30/08 8:50 pm - mays landing, NJ
Hi. Still new to this board and I read about the abbreviations on the lapband site. It says OFF is for over 50 BMI. I thought I saw that term used on this site but I thought this site was for over 50 years old. I"m confused. Maybe because I'm the latter.LOL. Could someone set me straight please. Thanks and have a wonderful day everyone. Dotti

Candygirl
on 3/30/08 9:09 pm - Somewhere in, NY
Dotti It's actually for over 50 years old.  But we're flexible.  It's a great forum, as those of us "of a certain age" have many different concerns from the young'uns.  And we get along better, too... Welcome. Candy

susandoeshair
on 3/30/08 9:23 pm - Alexander, AR
Dotti, they're only dreaming when they call themselves OFF......we're the best forum on this site and we're the ORIGINAL OFFer's!!!  Actually, there is a forum for those with a BMI over 50, but that's what it's called. Welcome to our little cornier of the world.

Susan

Darlene
on 3/31/08 12:23 am
In the beginning of time it was for over 50 BMI. But no one really kept to that so we took it over for over 50. Best thing that could have happened to OH forums. 
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

Darlene
on 3/31/08 12:27 am
Back in the beginning of time Over 50 did mean BMI. But with so many other forums this one was sort of forgotten about, so the members of 50 year olds took it over.  We did a take over many years ago and it seems to have worked out well. 
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

Margo M.
on 3/31/08 12:58 am - Elyria, OH
hi dottie--i do not want to contradict anyone- originally there was an over fifty forum for those over fifty years old--they had  reallly old folk on the photo on top!! anyhow- so then when obesity help converted some stuff they decided we were for over 50 BMI -and then they realized that we are not one and the same-- it is a wonderful place and no matter what your BMI is you are most welcome here!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views