Advise questions 4 surgeon?

Marilyn W.
on 3/30/08 1:06 pm - Memphis, TN
I have the first meeting with my surgeon this Tuesday, 4/1. Does anyone have suggestions for questions I should ask the surgeon. I'll be meeting with Dr. McGrath Weaver in Memphis. I've had good experiences with her staff, tests and classes. I'm hoping surgery will be scheduled soon. I'm hoping to have Lap RNY. Marilyn W.
Marilyn W.
annette R.
on 3/30/08 9:20 pm - ithaca, NY
Marilyn, Whatever you ask, take along a notebook to write down your questions and answers. Keep it handy to jot down your questions before appointments and take it to each visit. Ask about pre-op requirements. The surgeon may have certains expectations from you yet the insurance company might have others. Try to get BOTH in writing. Ask about follow-up care such as labs, fills, visits to a dietician, and support groups. Clarify the procedure for contacting him in case you have a concern after surgery. Good luck to you. Kisses Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Marilyn W.
on 3/31/08 8:31 am - Memphis, TN
Thanks, I've been getting anxious -- this is a big help. Marilyn W.
Marilyn W.
Lynn J
on 3/31/08 7:06 am - LA
Marilyn, I would ask how big she makes the pouch and how much intestine does she bypass.

Lynn J
Lap RNY 9/29/04
5' 4"
306/146/135
Marilyn W.
on 3/31/08 8:33 am - Memphis, TN
Thanks Lynn. What do you hear about pouch size and intestine removed relevance to weight loss and symptoms? Marilyn W.
Marilyn W.
Lynn J
on 3/31/08 12:00 pm - LA
Marilyn, The smaller the pouch, the better because then you won't be able to eat as much as with a larger pouch.  Also the more intestine bypassed the more weight you lose.  I would not want to be bypassed less than 150cm which is what most doctors bypass.  I am bypassed 150cm and I wish that I had been bypassed more than that. Good luck with your surgery!

Lynn J
Lap RNY 9/29/04
5' 4"
306/146/135
Marilyn W.
on 3/31/08 4:41 pm - Memphis, TN
Thanks for taking time to send me all this information. Marilyn W.
Marilyn W.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views