What we are eating,and what's eating us!!!! Sunday!

Marilyn W.
on 3/31/08 8:28 am - Memphis, TN
Great things are worth repeating -- thanks Kathy and Maui Karen. Marilyn W.
Marilyn W.
annette R.
on 3/30/08 1:09 am - ithaca, NY
Good morning Linda, Meatballs - yummy!!! Eggs don't do much for me unless I add hard boiled to my tuna. Once in a blue moon I make some French Toast but cottage cheese works best in the morning. I caved in and sprinkled Kashi on my cottage cheese this morning. So far, so good. No belly pains. We are headed to the grocery store in a while so the rest of the menu depends on what strikes my fancy.  You mentioned hot sauce - yes - that sounds good. It won't be on . SMILE If I unwind anymore I'll be a puddle. This has been a relaxing couple of days. About time! Kisses Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Linda S.
on 3/30/08 1:23 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Hiya sis, happy to hear you are unwound, and have let Kashi back into your life...smile.Fangster does NOT like tuna, and I must remember that, or it will kick my butt. I love spicey just like you, but did not have luck with boiled eggs. Ahhh well, there is still so many other foods out there, how blessed we are! Take care, your sister in the meatball movement, Linda  Diner 

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

Rudie2
on 3/30/08 1:52 am - South Sound, WA
Yum! Sounds delicious! Still having trouble with protein. What I do OK with is meatloaf, and probably your meatballs. Trying to follow the rules with "protein first". Not always easy though and if I don't take small enough bites, chew well enough or eat slowly enough I pay for it. What is your recipe for meatballs? Thanks, Linda for sharing with us.
Rudie2
Linda S.
on 3/30/08 2:39 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Hiya Rudie, I must say you look great. My recipe for meatballs varies as that is the kind of cook I am. I also do not measure, but here is the one for today. Lean ground beef, shredded sharp cheddar, eggs beaten, crushed all wheat crackers (low carb), italian seasoning, finely chopped white onion,fresh garlic chopped. I bake them in a broiling pan so that all the extra fat drains off, and I cover them and let them drip for awhile. I put them in a simmering sauce, I make my own sauce with fresh tomatoes, garlic, oregano, and I like to add bay leaf, I grate parmasian (sp) cheese and mix it in the very low simmering sauce,I use sea salt, not a lot, and throw in the meatballs to simmer until tender...it is yummy...smile. Nice seeing ya!

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

Bev_M
on 3/30/08 3:21 am - Shelton, CT
Lap Band on 05/21/07 with

Hi Linda, Still not able to eat much so I'm concentrating on protein. B - Got through half of a two egg omelet with cheese, glass of fat free milk. L - Egg Salad - going to try again.  Think I will stop by the store and get some cottage cheese for later if I can't get this down. S - Unsalted Cashew halves and pieces - Go figure I can get these down. D - Maybe I'll make some meatballs with sauce and grated cheese . . . MMMM! Spring is finally here in CT.  The temp is still hovering around 38 degrees but I put out the finch feeder on faith earlier this week.  Yesterday morning there was a goldfinch at the feeder - yay!  My Daffodils are up but not ready to pop open yet.  Sky is blue, Sun is out.  I'm going to go out and as my mother used to say to us when we were young, "Go out and blow the stink off of you."  I need some airing out.  Can't wait until I can open some windows and let the fresh air in. Almost makes me feel like cleaning - I said almost.

Bev

Linda S.
on 3/30/08 4:43 am - PHOENIX, AZ
You are too funny!! It is going to hit 90 here today. The peones are in bloom here. We have brown summers, but great springs,like 3 springs...LOL. I have my cottage cheese lined up, it is great with some sauce over it, I do not miss pasta at all girl. Do not give in to the urge to clean, be strong. Hugs! Cleaning The Toilet  Dusting Laundry  Mopping

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

Connie D.
on 3/30/08 12:35 pm
HIJACK..... Linda...90 degrees...WOW!! We might have hit close to 50!! Last night at the lodge we sat outside around a bonfire in winter coats!!!   Hugs...your Boo
ceeidee
on 3/30/08 4:15 am
Linda, bout how long do you bake the meatballs? Do you cover while baking? Let them sit after cooking then put em in the sauce to simmer? I'm gonna make some... I have ham and navy bean soup in the crock right now... Thought I;d make up some good food and devide up for the week. See if that changes up anything. Thanks, dear, Cheryl

We never touch people so lightly we do not leave a trace.
                                                                                                 Peggy Tabor Millin

Linda S.
on 3/30/08 5:00 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Hiya, I use the meat at room temperture because I can not stand putting my hand in cold meat. I put the oven to 350 and cook them uncovered, about a half hour,that depends on the size of the balls..hehehe,or whenever they are brown, they do not need a hard cooking because you want them to take in the sauce. I DO cover them when they come out and let them drain until they are cool, that way the oil is drained. Covering them keeps the moisture in. Cheryl it is a great idea to have your ready made protein and   there is so much that hubby can share in, you can add bread or pasta for him. I love a little cottage cheese with the sauce over it and shredded parmesan, good eating. I shall be armed with spinach quiche, roasted chicken, and meatballs for the week, along with my guac, which I add sour cream and fresh tomatoes to, I am armed for the week. My NUT told me if I ever get hungry, to always go for the protein, so far so good. Hugs to you, sweet lady. Thumbs Up 

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views