Newbie Question

azreggie
on 3/29/08 11:47 am - Tucson, AZ
OK,  this may be a dumb question but, can you have too much protein?  I have been keeping track on thedailyplate.com.  I am on pre-op liquids with a little lean protein, and so far I have had 125 gm of protein today.  Is there such a thing as too much of a good thing?  Thanks

Reggie

Darlene
on 3/29/08 11:54 am
I like to keep mine at 160gms supplemented. Pre-op I would think of adkins and how that affects the kidneys.
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

marylyn
on 3/29/08 12:07 pm
YES YOU CAN HAVE TO MUCH.BUT IT DEPEND ON DIFFERENT DIETICIANS.MY IS 70 MARYLYN
Brenda R.
on 3/29/08 2:38 pm - Portage, IN
I was told that your kidneys can't take to much protein. I am not sure if that is at one time or per day. Darlene would be the one to answer that one and I would like to know if you can't overdo at one time or over the day.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter 
                        that tells what kind of life you have lived.

oh_c_card-2.gif picture by kittikat22

Linda S.
on 3/29/08 9:52 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi gorgeous, did your doc, or NUT give you the diet? I have always taken solace in doing what my NUT told me..tell them to get their buns on the ball. Hugs!

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

nantimms
on 3/30/08 2:48 am - Ocean Shores, WA
reggie:  I am two weeks pre op and the doc said lose some weight but didn't give me specific eating instructions.  Would you share yours, please?  thanks, nan
azreggie
on 3/30/08 5:29 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi Nan, My dr wants me to have three protein shakes a day, with alot of sugar free liquids in between.  Then the instructions say, if you're still hungry, have another shake. When I saw my surgeon on Tuesday last week, he said that I could eat some lean protein.  So, yesterday I added to my four protein shakes, a sirloin burger and some lean turkey leg.(My dh and dd went to the Renissance Fair yesterdy) I was keeping track of alll this on thedailyplate.com and it said that I had consumed 125 gm of protein.  I'm not going to do that today.  I do not want kidney problems. I'm going to shoot for 70gm of protein, with alot of other sf things to drink in between.  I was also mixing the protein powdwer to 1 % milk, which adds MORE protein. I hope this helps.

Reggie

nantimms
on 3/30/08 5:37 am - Ocean Shores, WA
Yes, thanks so much.  Good luck with your surgery!  It will be fun to watch your progress!  :)  nan
azreggie
on 3/30/08 6:20 am - Tucson, AZ
Hey, Thanks, you too.

Reggie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views