What's New Sunday?

Karen S.
on 3/30/08 1:20 am - Wailuku, HI
Aloha and good very early morning OFF family,

I'm showered, powdered, sprayed and ready to head for the hospital to test babies! I traded my Saturday for Sunday so that I could go to an important homeowners' meeting yesterday.

The meeting was LONG...4 hours....and full of many opinions about how our condo should be run. Those of you who live in condos know about the condo politics....one of my least favorite parts of living here, but we DO have a gorgeous setting and want to keep it beautiful, so I guess it's worth the squabbling that goes on.

Last night the board of directors threw a bash down on the beach/lawn.....you should have seen the food!! There was long table of nothing but pupus (appetizers), and a table for drinks. Then later, a catering company came and brought TONS of wonderful dishes, and thankfully there were many that I could eat.......broccoli beef, fruit, shrimp dishes, etc.

I fielded a few "you are losing too much weight" comments which didn't surprise me, and I let them slide off and just moved on to other groups. I think I'm the condo "project!" Everyone keeps an eye out to see 'HOW SKINNY KAREN IS GETTING!" Ha!

Those of you getting together in Pittsburg sound so excited...and I'm happy for you. As usual I'd like to be a gecko on the wall. I know you will have fun, and we will have fun hearing about your wild and wacky adventures.

Must run....time to kiss some babies!

Aloha nui loa,

Maui Karen

Judy G.
on 3/30/08 1:21 am - Galion, OH

HELLO EVERYONE!!!!!

WELL I HAD MY COMPANY HERE SINCE FRIDAY NIGHT AND THEY JUST LEFT A FEW MINUTES AGO....I MISS HIM ALREADY....HIS MOM CAME WITH HIM THIS TIME TO SEE WHERE I LIVED AND TO BE ABLE TO FIND HER WAY HERE WHEN THE TIME COMES FOR RICK TO MOVE IN WITH ME...IF HE CAN EVER FIND A JOB HERE!!!!!!! MAN WE LOOKED ALL OVER SAGINAW AND THEN SOME AND NOTHING!!!!!!! LEFT MESSAGES ON THOSE THAT TOOK THEM TO CALL HIM ABOUT JOB AD IN PAPER....GO****S HARD TO FIND A JOB!!!! MIGHT HAVE TO MOVE TO OHIO AFTER ALL IF HE CAN'T FIND WORK HERE.....

CONNIE OMG GIRLFRIEND I AM SO HAPPY FOR NIC THAT THERE ISN'T ANY CANCER IN HIS BONES!!!!!!!!! THANKYOU GOD!!!! SUSAN...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SORRY I MISSD YOUR DAY...HOPE IT WAS HAPPY!!! MARGO YOU SURE DO HAVE ALOT OF HAIR....LOL ANNETTE...WOW A BITER HUH...OMG HOPE THAT STOPS SOON....WOW!!! KAREN THAT IS SO EXCITING THAT THE BABIES ARE COMING HOME!!! AND THE PUPPIES WILL BE SO MUCH FUN TO BE AROUND NOW THAT THEY ARE MOVING ON THEIR OWN....HAHAHAA

WELL NEED TO READ THE PAPER NOW AND FIGURE OUT SOME FOOD TO PICK UP AT STORE AND THEM WATCH MY NASCAR RACE.....HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!!

LOVE AND HUGS TO ALL OF YOU

lora13
on 3/30/08 3:01 am, edited 3/30/08 3:01 am - Pittsburgh, PA

Good day all!  Hello  First off, thanks for all the prayers, and I need more....FIL is scheduled for major heart surgery tomorrow and his cancer surgery has been pushed back for several weeks til this heart thing can be fixed, otherwise he won't survive the cancer surgery.  MIL is starting to lose it in the hospital, but has strict orders that she needs to be there.  The hospital won't let them see each other and that is making them both crazy (July is their 60th anniv.).  So life here is nuts.               Moodswings  On the other hand, I am trying to focus on the weekend coming up...the long anticipated Pittsburgh Palooza.  Mary and I are getting together tomorrow (God willing), to put some finishing touches on the plans. We are both in need of this to divert our attentions from all the crummy stuff in our lives right now.    Need A Hug  Okay...time to deal with my pubescent 13 year old.  Funnnnnnnnnnnnnn! Hugs, Lora 

Margo M.
on 3/30/08 4:25 am - Elyria, OH
will cyber hugs do for now??????????????? sending bundles!!!!!!!!!!!!
carlak
on 3/30/08 6:44 am - Bradenton, FL
Hi All, I just got back from meeting Laureen. I met her and her daughter and her 2 grandchildren at Bennigans then we drove to our hotel for the night. We had dinner at Sloppy Joes a restaurant that was in the hotel. We had an hour wait to be seated!!!! My night in the hotel room was a lot to be desired. I got the room for half cause next door to us was a bunch of drunk, partying stupid kids that were in a wedding party. They partied till 4am. I called secutity 3 times cause they wouldnt quit. Try dealing with a 2 yr old and not sleeping!!!!! I guess it took the police comming to quiet them down. I should ahve been comped for the room but they wouldnt do it. But I told them that I would call American Express and despute the bill. and I surely will. Noone messes with my sleep!!!!! Only when I want them too. Then this morning I met Laureen for coffee int he cafe and then we went and walked down to the beach for a few hours.  She is so sweet and dear. Carla
image hosting site

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/08 6:50 am - Somewhere IN, TX
Isn't Laureen going to be at the Palooza in Pittsburgh with you?  Or do I have all the 'players' confused? Janet
carlak
on 3/30/08 6:52 am - Bradenton, FL
Yes Janet Laureen is going to be in Pittsburgh. She is in Florida now visiting her daughter and was only about 30 minutes from my house. So we decided to meet up. Carla
image hosting site

Connie D.
on 3/30/08 6:48 am
Good afternoon Annette and everyone.... I just got back from my weekend with my OH sisters from the Minnesota OH board. The lodge was wonderful and the company even better..right..Patti Ta-too!! Glad to be back and able to get on the OFF board once again. You know how I hate missing even a day!! I will post more tomorrow...I am sooooo tired!! Hugs and love....connie d
Laureen S.
on 3/30/08 9:04 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi to all my OFF Sisters & Brothers from the Belmar Beach Resort, where I found this here free connection and just had to stop by to say a quick hello before me, my daughter and grands go to dinner. . .  so sorry that Carla had a rotten experience last night, wish she had been here today, we found a whole section today where we went so my daughter and granddaughter could go waverunning and what a nice area that is, lots of restaurants and such. . .  oh well, next time and anyway, I was so happy to have Carla come down (or is it up?) to meet up and she is a doll, can't wait to meet the rest of you next weekend. . .  well anyway, I'm having a great time here and so glad I'm here as the weather reports I'm getting from home are not great and hoping that when I go home I'll bring the warmer weather with me ;)   Take care and see some of you real soon,  Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Margo M.
on 3/30/08 9:50 am - Elyria, OH
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!