What's New Sunday?

annette R.
on 3/29/08 7:34 pm - ithaca, NY
Good Morning OFFers. Time to get out of bed. What is happening in your life?? Kisses Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

annette R.
on 3/29/08 7:52 pm - ithaca, NY
I have my maps ready for the trip to Pittsburgh, checking off my 'to do' list, and counting down the days. Late last night Tom asked me how many men were attending. That kind of startled me, I guess I never thought that was a possibility. My silly hubby - I explained to him that there will just be a bunch of OFF women. Imagine the brave male who would join in this group? Giggles and more giggles. The weather report I read predicts 58 degrees and rain next Friday. That is warm!! Rain is okay, anything is better than the snow.  No plans for today. Laundry is done, house is clean, I can kick back and relax. Life is good. Kisses Annette

(deactivated member)
on 3/29/08 9:21 pm, edited 3/29/08 9:21 pm - Somewhere IN, TX
Annette, It's really hard to explain sometimes that wimmin just kan't be wimmin with a man around....;) Of course, I've been alone so long that it's a pretty natural state for me........ I don't think a man would have to be BRAVE to go to one of these...... I think he'd have to be NUTZ!! Except for the rain, looks like you're going to have some decent temperature.  Glad you're getting to go but wish you'd get over that flyin' thingee. Janet
annette R.
on 3/30/08 12:48 am - ithaca, NY
Janet, I wish you could be with us!!!!! Something tells me that you are a whole bunch of fun, with or with out a man around. Yeah, the flying thingee - sure limits traveling. It used to be worse because I couldn't get in cars unless I was the driver.  That was the pits. Kisses Annette

Margo M.
on 3/30/08 4:19 am - Elyria, OH
i still don't like to be driven anywhere- we almost had an argument today about that--had one a few days ago.... janet is a sweetheart from the word go!!!! you must get to meet her, annette.....
Aime B.
on 3/29/08 10:29 pm - Baltimore, MD
Remember this will be in the mountains. 58 with wind will not be too warm. I'd make sure you have a sweater, sweat shirt, and a light jacket available.

Aime
The love of my OH Family has me humbled!!!!

annette R.
on 3/30/08 12:43 am - ithaca, NY
Thanks Aime, A heating pad is on my packing list plus plenty of warm clothes. 58 degrees sounds warmer than the 11 degrees here right now but not quite warm enough to get hot. I'm seldom warm enough to be comfortable. I hope you are feeling better by the week-end. We'll take good care of you. Kisses Annette

susandoeshair
on 3/29/08 10:29 pm - Alexander, AR
Morning everyone, We had a doosie of a thunderstorm pass through here about 3 a.m.,  Gary and the boys got up, I went back to sleep, but now they're all crashed on the sofa together. So, I'm just sippin and checking in. Got on the scale today and I'm at 119...WhooHoo!  Never in my life did I think I'd have to TRY to gain weight. One of my co-workers started in on my weight yesterday and I finally, and calmly, told her that her constant comments bothered me tremendously and I appreciate her concern, but it's making me crazy.  She took it very well, not insulted or angry, but I had to say it and I'm glad I did.  I think I'm getting better a standing up for myself....finally! Gary is taking me Birthday shopping today. It's always nice when he goes because he picks things out that I wouldn't have thought to try, and he encourages me to buy more than I would normally buy.  Gosh, I need everything too, even shoes, so watch out Little Rock, here we come! Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday,

Susan

ceeidee
on 3/29/08 10:44 pm
Susan, Good for you! Well done and well said! That was perfect to tell her how it made you feel, and she sounds like a reasonable person. So far at this new job where I worked about 7 1/2 years ago, those that remember me have only had nice things to say. At the job I just left I was starting to hear the "Oh your wasting away." "You better not lose anymore" etc etc. One lady kept telling me " "you better not gain it all back!" Amazing! It was getting annoying. And who the h**ls business was it anyways?!! At church, I get some of that...I just smile as I don't have to hear it daily like if I were there at a job. So...good job! Take Care, Cheryl

We never touch people so lightly we do not leave a trace.
                                                                                                 Peggy Tabor Millin

susandoeshair
on 3/29/08 11:01 pm - Alexander, AR
Cheryl, like I've said before, where were these people when we were climbing UP the scale?  They wouldn't have dared say anything about us gaining, but they sure have their opinions about our decreasing sizes. I'm sure there is some truth in the jealously thing, since I'm no longer the biggest, but the smallest in just about any room I'm in. Oh well, I'm glad that I'm learning to cope with it better, and I'm super glad to have my friends here who understand each other so well. You have a great day

Susan

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views