OT: Freecycle Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!

Margo M.
on 3/29/08 7:06 am - Elyria, OH
i've been freecycling for a few years-never really scored anything super duper fantastic but always grateful--anyhow- yesterday there was a posting--and of course, i was about 2 minutes late--so--today i get an email saying that the gal never showed-if i still wanted the antique sewing machine in cabinet it was mine!!! and they lived like 15 minutes away!!!!!!!!!!! whoooooooooooooooooo hoooooooooo it's a "white rose" machine- electric so not ancient but old time- and the cabinet is gorgeous- well; needs to be refinished but gorgeous--woudl be a wonderful side table in a living room with out a machine in it! and so worth the price!!!!!!! and they say it works--wow ok- just had to share..... how many of you freecycle and what are some of the things you have scored??????
(deactivated member)
on 3/29/08 7:18 am - Columbus, GA
I love freecycle.... people get rid of stuff that can be fixed up pretty easy sometimes... and if I can't fix it, I can just freecycle it again! I have a nearly new vacuum that was freecycled... it was totally clogged and the belt was missing.... $5 and about 30 minutes later it was up and running! Nice score on the sewing machine...
KathiKins
on 3/29/08 7:22 am - CA
Margo, Sounds like quite a find!  I'd never heard of Freecycle before but glad you got something wonderful. Enjoy your treasure. Hugs, Kathi
Brenda R.
on 3/29/08 7:23 am - Portage, IN
I freecycle all the time. I post a lot of things to get rid of them from this "cozy" apartment of mine but I have gotten Bill a brown leather bomber jacket, a beautiful lamp with a stained glass shade and a lot of really nice clothes that I have gotten in to. I am now getting into the capri summer pants that I got and by summer they are going to look nice. I am in them now but they are snug so I wouldn't dare wear them in public yet!   Happy So they are coming along good. I can't think of the other things that I got. I wanted a antique Philco radio they gave away last night. The radio didn't work but Ithought that my cousin who is into things like that could do something with it but Bill and I decided that we didn't have the room in here to even reply to it. I just replied to get Bill a coin sorter since he collects his change. I love freecycle so much since you know that the things you give away are going to someone *****ally wants them. I have gotten rid of a lot of things like I said. I am glad that I found it. 

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter 
                        that tells what kind of life you have lived.

oh_c_card-2.gif picture by kittikat22

Joyce S.
on 3/29/08 9:35 am - Dennis, MA
We are Freecycle Fanatics !  We've been using it for about 2 years and I can't say enough good things about it ! I got rid of a complete 15 gallon fish tank just this afternoon  , last weekend I got books 6 & 7 of the Harry Potter series in Hardcover for John !     For anyone not familiar with it go to www.freecycle.com they'll give you the basics and from it  I think you can find your local group.  There are local chapters almost in every community or region. I access mine through a group at yahoo.    Way to go Margo !

Joyce S.

Darlene
on 3/29/08 10:52 am
I freecyle, I give, I don't need to get.....lol
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views