New to site

rbygrl
on 3/28/08 11:10 pm - mays landing, NJ
Thank you for having this site. I was looking all over for some more "mature" people who are going through similar situations. Let me introduce myself. My name is Dotti. I will be 60 in about 3 weeks. Had lap band on 3/10/08 and am doing quite well. My biggest challenge post op was walking and cleaning up after my 150 lb Great Dane- Ruby. Also it was difficult trying to sleep since she has always believed my temperpedic was bought for her. I am glad that I can come here with some issues most don't understand on the general forum. Mostly they are dealing with children etc. Me, I'm dealing with arthritis and other maturiity issues. LOL. Well, hope to be back soon. Thanks for listening.... Dotti

grammylew
on 3/28/08 11:16 pm - Jacksonville, NC
Margo M.
on 3/29/08 12:30 am - Elyria, OH
welcome to you as well!!!!!!
KathiKins
on 3/29/08 1:30 am - CA
Welcome to you, Grammylew! I didn't know there was a Jacksonville in NC.  My sister is in Jacksonville, Florida!  Congratulations on losing 60 pounds.  That's wonderful.  Kathi
Connie D.
on 3/28/08 11:24 pm
Hello Dotti.......so glad you decided to join us. This is the best board on OH.... in my opinion. Everyone is so caring and willing to support each other. You will find lots of information and have a few laughs besides!! Hugs, connie d
Jan C.
on 3/29/08 12:10 am - Cedar Creek, MO

welcome to OFF board. I know what you mean about the younger boards their problems are totally different than ours are. Hope you enjoy this site and become a regular. I have been on here for awhile and have got caught up in a different life than i had before so i dont get here as often as i use to but still try to stay caught up on everyones life.  talk to you again soon.  Jan

http://community.webshots.com/user/mimicook?vhost=community

GOD BLESS YOU TODAY
JAN COOK

Margo M.
on 3/29/08 12:29 am - Elyria, OH
dotti--welcome a-board oh my--we buried our 100 # great dane/shepherd in october--it was sad...yesterday' hubby noticed that the resurrection lilies are coming up over her! you will find this to be the BEST forum of OH!!!!!!
rbygrl
on 3/29/08 12:39 am - mays landing, NJ
Sorry to hear about your dog. Mine is my soulmate. I swear she is the best dog/friend anyone could want and I will be devastated when it's her time. She is 5 and that's getting up there for a purebred Dane. 7 year life expectancy. But the vet says she's in excellent health and I should have a good few more years of the "2nd couch potato' in our house. Dotti

Darlene
on 3/29/08 12:29 am
Welcome to the over fifty forums, as we lovingly call it the OFF group. Here you can  talk about anything. And we do. You will laff, cry, have wow moments and have anger. It's just part of life. But we all have total respect for each other and are  a very warm group of men and women. Right now the women out number the men but I think that is just the way the numbers are in life also. Again welcome.
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

George T.
on 3/30/08 8:35 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
The reason there are more women than men is we have to put up with women, you only have to put up with men.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views