Say something quick....

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/08 11:10 am - Columbus, GA
... before I do something stupid... This motel sucks... and to top it off, there is a track meet at the college and it is quite literally a total and complete zoo here... no way I am gonna get any sleep at all..... Called all over town and they are all booked, so my choices are: (1) Stay here (2) Say screw it and just drive home... 3 hours... and suffer the wrath of the owners for screwing up a class... There is only 5 students, so no money loss for them... with the motels and all this is not even a break even, but they have canceled this before so they want to get in the class... PLEASE let this new job go through without a hitch.... I could just freak out and head home... I am not a happy camper... Thanks... needed to say something...
Marti P.
on 3/28/08 11:20 am - San Jose, CA
Marv, You don't want to be out on the road on a Friday night. . . just wait it out and do the class and then head for home. Marti in San Jose where it's trying to rain~
Margo M.
on 3/28/08 11:36 am - Elyria, OH
no....do not go out in the dark ....um....hey-yur there already! there might only be 5 but they are wanting this class...trust me i have been disappointed when a class has cancelled last minute--and lacka sleep due to a track meet is no excuse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did that help at all???????????????
Darlene
on 3/28/08 12:00 pm
complain to hotel management.
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

Bev_M
on 3/28/08 12:01 pm - Shelton, CT
Lap Band on 05/21/07 with
Me thinks someone wants to play hookey and using the hotel as an excuse.  Start traveling with ear plugs or a noise filter.  Stay there.  Saturday will be over soon and you can head home.  Saves having to reschedule the whole thing again. I do sympathize with you though.  I've had my share of times I'd just rather be home. Stay strong.  You can do it. Bev

BellaNell
on 3/28/08 12:12 pm - Pleasant Mt., PA
Hey marc, Take your own advice---'Life knocked you down--get back up!' Your are there for a purpose...and you can do it. Be strong and be an inspiration to those you will soon meet..... you have been an inspiration to the rest of us! TRY to get some rest and remember what it was like to be 20...LOL....
Brenda R.
on 3/28/08 12:34 pm - Portage, IN
Marc, look at my signature and it will tell you what you have to do. God brought you to this place and He is going to get you through it. Just stay put, do what you have to do and then head for home. Good luck and try to get some sleep. It could be a lot worse. Those kids could be yours and live with you!!!!!!

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter 
                        that tells what kind of life you have lived.

oh_c_card-2.gif picture by kittikat22

KathiKins
on 3/28/08 12:54 pm - CA

Sorry you're having a bad evening there Marc. I sure hope you stuck it out so you can teach this class and put it all behind you!  May this be the last time you have to do this, too!  Might be......  We can dream.

You can put up with anything for 12 hours......  You can do it.  You can do it.  You can do it!

I'll bet you are doing it right now..... 

Kathi

azreggie
on 3/28/08 5:29 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hey Marv, You'll be ok.

Reggie

Aime B.
on 3/28/08 8:06 pm - Baltimore, MD
I hope you were able to make it through the night. Having taught small groups of students in the past, I know it can be a challenge. I have also found it to be quite a good experience. You are able to worok with the students for a change instead of handling the masses as you try to include instruction at the same time.  Best of luck!

Aime
The love of my OH Family has me humbled!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views