Thin hair related to WLS ????

Candygirl
on 3/27/08 8:28 pm - Somewhere in, NY
Good.  I hate to stop taking it.  I'd be bald by Pittsburgh...  It's probably the carbs doing it for me.  Sigh.....  Better behave, I guess. Candy

Sue O.
on 3/27/08 2:48 pm - Auburn, CA
I just hate to have to take any more supplements. I take pills all day long. Does the biotin really help?????? Did the biotin bring on the hot flashes that had stopped??? Thanks for the compliment! I just got internet service again. I'd been checing in on my son's computer occasionally. I will try to post more often now.
Jan C.
on 3/27/08 8:54 am - Cedar Creek, MO
up your protein shakes and it should start coming back in ,,,mine did thicker and curlier than ever before.

http://community.webshots.com/user/mimicook?vhost=community

GOD BLESS YOU TODAY
JAN COOK

Sue O.
on 3/27/08 2:50 pm - Auburn, CA
I will get back to having a protien shake every day. I slacked off because I was soooooooo sick of them. The first 6 months that and cottage cheese were the main part of my diet. I can force one down a day if it will help bring back hair. LOL
Connie D.
on 3/27/08 9:08 am

Yes Sue....sorry to say it is true. I started losing hair at about  4 1/2 months out. I am finally stopping all that shedding now at about 7 months out. Most people lose between 3 months and 8 months out. It grows back in....some who had straight hair ends up with curly and some with curly ends up with straight. I don't get that. Hugs, connie d

Sue O.
on 3/27/08 2:55 pm - Auburn, CA
I would be glad to have it come back in curly. My hair is baby fine and soooooo straight. I have always wanted curly or wavy hair. It's easier to style and looks thicker. The change in hair type is simular in cancer patients who lose hair from chemo. Well I am about 7 1/2 months since surgery so hopefully I am on the down hill side and will start recoverying from the hair thinning soon. 
Marti O.
on 3/27/08 5:15 pm, edited 3/27/08 5:15 pm

Be careful what you wish for....I always thought it would be nice to have cury hair...after wearing a straight "bob" all my life.....I had thinning hair at about 4 months and took Biotin and then it really got curly....my hairdresser thinks it is a so funny...she has been cutting my hair for over 20 years and always said I had "Asian" hair and it was so easy to work with.....well not anymore I have curly hair...and it makes me CRAZY.

I used to have such simple hair, I would wa**** and blow it dry and it behaved all day....NOW, my hair frizzes on the ends, does whatever it wants and whatever I don't want it to do.......I am trying one product after another to try to contain it and it just gets a little thicker and curlier and frizzier.....it is kind of bizarre....someone told me the other day the only thing she could recognize about me anymore was my eyes......l

So be careful what you wish for.....Love, Marti

ps you are looking great...AND YOU ARE SMILING...I LOVE THAT....

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle"

Sue O.
on 3/28/08 8:03 am - Auburn, CA
I'll remenber that. I use to perm my hair to get some curve and body. But the BP medication kept me from having the perms take. They weren't worth doing and only hve them last a month. Hey, I did the smile just for you LOL
Marti P.
on 3/27/08 10:33 am - San Jose, CA
Sue, I wish I knew for sure.  I asked my doctor today and she said my thinning hair was due to my hormones.  I am 64, take 1000 mg of biotin a day, plus other vitamins.  I have always had thick hair. Marti in San Jose
Sue O.
on 3/27/08 3:00 pm - Auburn, CA
I really feel that my hair thinning is due to surgery effects. The only other time in my life that I lost hair was from a crash diet years ago. Back then I figured I could live being fat but I wasn't ready for fat and bald. I went off the diet. I didn't think about buying a wig. DUH! I guess I will try the biotin to see if that helps and go back to drinking the dreaded protien shake. I've been lax at doing it and it's important. I just wish I could find a shake that tastes better. So far they all get me and I am sooo tired of being nauseaed.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views